Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fort Stevens SP, Oregon

Hemlockdj
Explorer
Explorer
Good Day,
Can anyone tell me if Fort Stevens SP in Oregon fills up during the first 2 weeks of June? I'm trying to decide if I need to reserve this far out for a visit, I have never been there and looking for a data point.

Thanks in advance,
Dave
2017 23' Chateau
13 REPLIES 13

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Been in June, no reservations, however the stay days were all mid week Sun to Thur.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Y-Guy
Ft. Stevens is a large park but it's very close to Portland/Vancouver so it does fill up. All of the State parks are very busy on the weekends along the Coast. I wouldn't risk not having reservations. Same goes for Beverly Beach and Honeyman too, big parks but they are all about an hour away from a larger city off of I-5 and they fill up. There are some National Forest CG too, but not all are big enough or reservable.

One of our favorite places is a place called Sea Perch RV Resort, though it doesn't have the "resort" feeling, its not as cheap as an Oregon State park, but if you can get a water front site its worth it. You can pull straight in and watch the waves from your RV or right outside your door.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hemlockdj wrote:
Good Day,
Can anyone tell me if Fort Stevens SP in Oregon fills up during the first 2 weeks of June? I'm trying to decide if I need to reserve this far out for a visit, I have never been there and looking for a data point.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Well Ft. Stevens is a large park close to 500 spaces, BUT it may be full during the weekend the first two weeks of June.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Jayco23FB
Explorer
Explorer
Yes..make reservations for sure.
Great place you will love it. Lots of sights to see and a great campground.
Jayco G2 23FB
2007 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.0L

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Last August (2018) we got reservations several weeks earlier. Very fortunate to get the reservation, but people do cancel. It was a week later than we wanted so just adjusted our other Oregon travels. Great park.

And must do's are the Astoria trolley, the Maritime Museum and the Bow Picker across the street. Plus other great things to do.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
You absolutely must make reservations for Ft. Stevens.
Worth it though!

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I've never had trouble getting a spot there. Only been twice but looked a booking a site many times. There's loops that are real popular and others that aren't.
If I were going at that time I'd book a site to get one of the nicer ones.
I don't think schools officially out until June 12-13th. So most families would look to be booking that coming weekend. You'd be staying just prior to the summer rush.

RognBon
Explorer
Explorer
I just checked the reservations page for Fort Stevens for the first week of June for 7 days and it indicated 330 rv sites available.
RognBon
1997 Monaco Dynasty 40'
Cummins 8.3 325 HP
2008 Ford Edge Toad

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it will. Make reservations. It is the biggest SP in Oregon. Very popular
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
make the reservations, if your plans change for any reason that's OK. it is best to pay a cancellation fee then get there and don't have a place to park

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
I would get reservations and if that doesnt work, on the Washington Side of the Columbia is Cape Disappointment, also an awesome park

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ft Stevens is full practically year round. Try gwtting a reservation for the dates you want to visit. BTW, there is a KOA right across the street from the enterence if FT Stevens is full.
Reservations northwest handles all OSP reservations.

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
I'd call the park and ask. ALthough we've been to Ft Stevens many times in Spring or Fall during our travels and never seen it even half full. We never go during summer months though, and don't know when school lets out.

If dates are real important, I'd make the reservation. Otherwise, take a chance. It's a really nice park ... as are all Oregon parks.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic