cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Heading for Charleston, SC

empty_nest
Explorer
Explorer
DW and I will be heading out on our first long-haul adventure with our fiver. We'll be pulling out, Monday morning, for Charleston. Plan on 3 days, 2 nights to get there, averaging around 300 miles/day. No push; no rush! Have res'vs at James Island County park for 5 nights and booked around $200 worth of tours and events, while there.

We've been planning since early winter and are very excited to get going. Have heard nothing but great things about the area so I hope it all works out as planned. :C
2008 38' Winnebago Adventurer
2012 Jeep Wrangler (Toad)
03 Ranger 520 DVX - 225 hp. Evinrude
21 REPLIES 21

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jim Shoe wrote:
If you have an interest, you can visit Patriot's Point. Home of the USS Saratoga, a WWII aircraft carrier, as well as a WWII destroyer and a WWII submarine, as well as new exhibits since I last visited.

Jim. It's the USS Yorktown. "The fighting Lady"
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

empty_nest
Explorer
Explorer
VE3ESN wrote:
You've picked a terrific park and close-by city with so much history and wonderful ambiance. If you're at JICP on Sunday morning, be sure to enjoy their pancake breakfast. It's a great way to meet many nice folks. ($5.00) We had a lovely dinner at Five Loaves Cafe (43 Cannon St., Charleston). There are so many choices when eating out. Enjoy! (We were there in April).

Thanks for the tip..... we'll be there thru Sunday (6/30).... we'll check it out.

Jim Shoe wrote:
If you have an interest, you can visit Patriot's Point. Home of the USS Saratoga, a WWII aircraft carrier, as well as a WWII destroyer and a WWII submarine, as well as new exhibits since I last visited.

Already got our tix..... I'm a vetran so those things interest me a great deal, as well as all civil war history.
2008 38' Winnebago Adventurer
2012 Jeep Wrangler (Toad)
03 Ranger 520 DVX - 225 hp. Evinrude

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Hope you post a trip report when you get back. We're thinking about going there later this year. Have a great trip!
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

the_happiestcam
Explorer
Explorer
Hope the weather works. We've had several gully washers this week that came out of nowhere.
Me ('62), DW ('61), DS ('97), DS ('99), DD ('03)
2003 Yukon XL 2500 8.1L 4.10 axle
2010 Dutchmen 28G-GS

CG's we've been to

VE3ESN
Explorer
Explorer
You've picked a terrific park and close-by city with so much history and wonderful ambiance. If you're at JICP on Sunday morning, be sure to enjoy their pancake breakfast. It's a great way to meet many nice folks. ($5.00) We had a lovely dinner at Five Loaves Cafe (43 Cannon St., Charleston). There are so many choices when eating out. Enjoy! (We were there in April).
Jerry & Susie
1996 Roadtrek 190 Versatile (Dodge 5.2 L)

JayGee
Explorer
Explorer
Pretty place with lots of history, not even gonna mention the great food. Enjoy!
Jaygee

2005 Bounder 35E on F53 chassis