cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lake Mead Boondocking ?

fiovino68
Explorer
Explorer
Well looks like Shasta lake is pretty low so this summer I'am considering going to Lake Mead. Just looking for information where to boondock for a week or a cheap RV park with a small store. also any information regarding free boat ramps, I don't mind paying once, I usually leave the boat in the water for the duration.

Thanks You
16 REPLIES 16

fiovino68
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for all of the advice!

TOOBOLD
Explorer
Explorer
Shaver, Millerton, Bass, and Pine Flat lakes are all low. May not be much of a boating season.

Lake Mead will be scorching hot in the summer. Must have generator to run a/c's.

Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
352 wrote:
:E:E:E:E:E
Executive wrote:
Dumb! That story was written 13 YEARS ago.....:S:S

We like Temple Bar in Arizona. Small campground yet clean. There's a small motel and some fishing cabins, with A/C if you need it. They also have a small marina but few facilities otherwise......Dennis

Dumb? Do some current research before you call someone dumb. Or is the turd in your mouth from swimming in Lake Mead preventing you from thinking clearly?:E:E:E:E

So, YOU posted a link to a story written in 2001 and feel it's pertinent to this thread. Ummmm...OK !...:E.....I'll leave it at that.....Dennis

Unbelievably ignorant to our environment and I will leave it @ that.
The manatees of Halls river Homosassa Springs Fl

1985 Chevy Silverado c10. 454 stroker / 495 CI = 675 HP. 650lb of torque. Turb0 400 tranny. 3000 stall converter. Aluminum heads. 3 inch exhaust flowmasters. 2 inch headers. Heat and air. Tubed.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
352 wrote:
Executive wrote:

We like Temple Bar in Arizona. Small campground yet clean. There's a small motel and some fishing cabins, with A/C if you need it. They also have a small marina but few facilities otherwise......Dennis

Dumb? Do some current research before you call someone dumb. Or is the turd in your mouth from swimming in Lake Mead preventing you from thinking clearly?:E:E:E:E

So, YOU posted a link to a story written in 2001 and feel it's pertinent to this thread. Ummmm...OK !...:E.....I'll leave it at that.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:

1985 Chevy Silverado c10. 454 stroker / 495 CI = 675 HP. 650lb of torque. Turb0 400 tranny. 3000 stall converter. Aluminum heads. 3 inch exhaust flowmasters. 2 inch headers. Heat and air. Tubed.

nina_70
Explorer
Explorer
Most of the boat ramps at Lake Mead are closed because of the ultra-low water levels. We were just there in April and stayed at two boondocking sites along the lake (Government Wash & Stewards Point). You can pretty much boondock anywhere you can access along the lake, but you do need to pay fees.

FEES-> Since Lake Mead is part of the Lake Mead Recreation Area there IS a fee here. It's $10 for 7 days, $30 for a year or you can get in with your America The Beautiful Pass. 15-day stay limit.

TEMPERATURE -> It is already getting HOT there. Right now it's around the 90's. Be careful of heat & wind in the area.

SPOTS -> Here's a link to the two spots we stayed at:
Stewards Point, Lake Mead
Government Wash, Lake Mead
12 paws, 40-feet and the open road
http://wheelingit.us

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
Here is where we stayed Lake Mead

Nice and quiet while we were there in November.
Donna

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III

We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Desertboy
Explorer
Explorer
Makes no sense to dump sewer in to a nice lake when it could be pumped out in the desert where the hot sun and ultraviolet rays would take care of even untreated raw sewage as fast as they can make It. They could use it to turn a barren scorched desert in to farmland. But then that might make too much sense.
1969 AVION
3/4 12 VALVE

Freightliner/24' Flatbed 50,000 miles/ Titan 4000 receiver Hitch, no Mods needed.

Explorer
Explorer
If you swim in Lake Mead it is possible to wind up with a turd in your mouth because of the treated sewage that is dumped into it.

Explorer
Explorer
Are you aware of this HERE

shepcal
Explorer
Explorer
Might try on the southside of Lake Mead. BLM land take Gregs Hideout road north to Lake. Out of Dolan Springs.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wow.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
Come to think of it, Lake Tahoe is the only lake that will be full all summer long. That is a natural lake, and hardly ever changes elevation. It is near 6,500' so it will be cool all summer.

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com