cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Morning Lows

Luke_Porter
Explorer
Explorer
It's 79 degrees at 6 AM here in the Florida Keys. It's 69 at McAllen and 41 at Yuma. How's everybody else doing?
Yep, actually drove to all of these places---in the last eight years. Missed Rhode Island and New Jersey.

19 REPLIES 19

her_I
Explorer
Explorer
29F here in Elliot Lake, Ontario. No laughing please.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
I think we better stick to fuel mileage boys. Weather conditions, past and present, are pretty easy to verify.

EsoxLucius
Explorer
Explorer
pjsky wrote:
McIntraveler wrote:
rocmoc wrote:
30 just south of Tucson, AZ @ 5am. Hard freeze last two nights!

rocmoc n AZ

This concerns me. We want to winter in Tucson next year. I thought it stayed pretty warm there. Will I have to worry about water lines freezing in my 5er or is this 30 degree day an anomaly?

Come to Yuma. There is NEVER a freezing problem here. It's all about elevation. Where we winter is only 100 feet above sea level so it is warmer that both Phoenix and Tucson.

We saw three nights in a row into the 20s when we were in Yuma December 2014.
2013 LTV Unity MB Theater Seats
635 watts solar panels, 440 AH batteries, BlueSky Solar Boost 3024iL & IPN-Pro Remote, Magnum MS2000 & ME-RC50 remote
Koni Shocks F & R, Hellwig 7254, SumoSprings F & R
2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox Aladdin/Patriot

almcc
Explorer
Explorer
If you watch the forecast and do a little advance planning cold weather won't be a problem. We stopped in Carlsbad New Mexico last month on our annual trek to southern California. it got down to 22F overnight for a couple of nights with some wind, at those temps the hose would have froze. Previous experiences with frozen hoses (and damaged pressure regulators and gauges)has taught me to put water in the tank and run off the tank overnight. The furnace keeps all the pipes warm and I re-connect in the hose in the morning, if necessary I repeat the process the next day. Trying to stow a frozen hose for travel is no fun!

pjsky
Explorer
Explorer
McIntraveler wrote:
rocmoc wrote:

rocmoc n AZ

This concerns me. We want to winter in Tucson next year. I thought it stayed pretty warm there. Will I have to worry about water lines freezing in my 5er or is this 30 degree day an anomaly?

Come to Yuma. There is NEVER a freezing problem here. It's all about elevation. Where we winter is only 100 feet above sea level so it is warmer that both Phoenix and Tucson.
No person is completely worthless ..... one can always serve as a bad example.

PAUL AND JAN

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
Us out West wrote:
30 the last 2 nights here in Eloy, AZ which is about half way between Tucson and Phoenix. Warmed up to the mid 60's during the day. Eloy is about 1,500' elevation.

The low temp comes for about 2 hours between 4-6 am so no worry about freezing water hoses. If worried about that just carry an extra water hose.

Forecast for this month is for low temps in the mid 30's to low 40's and day time temps in the 60's and 70's.

Come down and enjoy the 'winter'.

Brrrrrr, too cold for me.
pawatt

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
30 the last 2 nights here in Eloy, AZ which is about half way between Tucson and Phoenix. Warmed up to the mid 60's during the day. Eloy is about 1,500' elevation.

The low temp comes for about 2 hours between 4-6 am so no worry about freezing water hoses. If worried about that just carry an extra water hose.

Forecast for this month is for low temps in the mid 30's to low 40's and day time temps in the 60's and 70's.

Come down and enjoy the 'winter'.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

EsoxLucius
Explorer
Explorer
Just get a heated water hose. It was 31 degrees this morning at Catalina State Park. We've been good down to 14 degrees F overnight in the Tucson area and in Rodeo, NM. The days are beautiful.

Currently at Sentinel Peak RV Park, Tucson, AZ.
2013 LTV Unity MB Theater Seats
635 watts solar panels, 440 AH batteries, BlueSky Solar Boost 3024iL & IPN-Pro Remote, Magnum MS2000 & ME-RC50 remote
Koni Shocks F & R, Hellwig 7254, SumoSprings F & R
2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox Aladdin/Patriot

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
rocmoc wrote:
McIntraveler wrote:
rocmoc wrote:

rocmoc n AZ

We are a distance out from Tucson. Tucson is warmer and does get down to freezing a few times but not often. Tucson is at 2200 feet and we are at 3300 feet.

rocmoc n AZ

If it freezes overnight you won't have a problem. It's constant cold temps that create problems. Also, that was just two nights. Now the forecast is warmer. Tucson doesn't stay cold all winter but can have cold spells..... but oh, that sun warms it up nicely.

We were on the pickleball courts at 9am and it was warm without a coat. The sun shines in Arizona!! ๐Ÿ™‚
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
McIntraveler wrote:
rocmoc wrote:

rocmoc n AZ

We are a distance out from Tucson. Tucson is warmer and does get down to freezing a few times but not often. Tucson is at 2200 feet and we are at 3300 feet.

rocmoc n AZ
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

McIntraveler
Explorer
Explorer
rocmoc wrote:

rocmoc n AZ

2016 Grand Design 317RST
2016 Ram Laramie 4x4, CC, LB, DRW, CTD, AISIN, 3.42.

avan
Explorer
Explorer
John&Joey wrote:
avan wrote:
Doing well. Thank you.

Yes, but are you catching fish? ๐Ÿ˜‰
Hello friend. No. Sold my boat down here. Did rent one on a MN lake for a couple of weeks this summer and did some fishing but very little catching. Putting in new slip/dock and lift this spring/summer in front of the condo and may think about getting another boat next fall.
www.putt10.net

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
avan wrote:
Doing well. Thank you.

Yes, but are you catching fish? ๐Ÿ˜‰
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
We're in Santa Barbara Co. on the beach near Vandenberg AFB and at 7:25 it is 52 degrees with very light off shore winds and a heavy marine layer on the horizon.

There is a crow, several gulls and 3 or 4 elegant terns down in front of us. It'll be in the seventies today and windy in the afternoon.

Such a nice respite from the 80's and 90's we've been having at home.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II