cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Near Santa Monica calif

blue_trawler
Explorer
Explorer
We want to spend a day or two in around Santa Monica and go to eat at a restaurant called the Apple Pan on Pico Blvd. Can I get some help as a close enough campground to go to for a day or two. Don't mind driving a bit to get there. Thanks for any help.

bruce
13 REPLIES 13

blue_trawler
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the info! Looking at Balbo right now. I will look at all of them. Just want to stay a day or two. Eat and maybe look around. Just want something close to Santa Monica . Not familiar with California . Thinking I'm fixing to learn a lot. I appreciate everyone's advice. The closer to where I wanna go is what I'm looking for.

Thank you,
Bruce

tsetsaf
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here you go Closest campgrounds to Santa Monica
2006 Ram 3500
2014 Open Range
"I don't trust my own advise!"

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many State Parks on the coast..a bit of a drive to Santa Monica but a Great drive anyway look at it. Thornhill Broome, Leo Carrillo State Beach, Point Magu State Beach(Sycamore Canyon) and I think there is a Malibu State Park in the canyon. No hook up's but good access for a couple of days of sightseeing.

Whoops....sorry meant to edit only!
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many State Parks on the coast..a bit of a drive to Santa Monica but a Great drive anyway look at it. Thornhill Broome, Carrillo State Beach, Point Magu State Beach and I think there is a Malibu State Park in the canyon. No hook up's but good access for a couple of days of sightseeing.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
blue trawler wrote:
We want to spend a day or two in around Santa Monica and go to eat at a restaurant called the Apple Pan on Pico Blvd. Can I get some help as a close enough campground to go to for a day or two. Don't mind driving a bit to get there. Thanks for any help.

bruce

Theres also
MALIBU BEACH RV PARK
http://www.maliburv.com

Edit: seen that someone else had posted Malibu RV park and I do have to agree with you its way over priced. There is Thornhill Broome state beach one of our favorites, Leo Carillo state park and sycamore state park along pch all within 3 miles of each other. These are few miles past Point Mugu Base.
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
kalynzoo wrote:
Very Pricey, and it is not really an RV Resort. Your just paying for location, and for the fact that the Los Angeles region is not very RV friendly and there are very few decent campgrounds, not even many yuchy campgrounds. One suggestion, look at Trailer Village in Valencia near Magic Mountain or Castaic RV park just a bit past Magic Mountain. You will be 45 minutes from Santa Monica during mid-afternoon and late night traffic. During the morning rush, 7 to 10am it could take 2 hours or more. But you could head to Santa Monica for a late lunch, enjoy 4th Street, etc, and head home after 8 or 9pm or later if that's your thing, and have a great time. The Valencia Santa Clarita region is a city in itself so you are not basecamping out in the sticks.
there's a lot of construction going on around traiker village RV park. They just put up a huge 20ft wall right in front.
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
About the best RV park in the area is Golden Shores in Long Beach. It is at the end of the Long Beach Freeway so Freeway close to all.

blue_trawler
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks good advice! I will look up those campgrounds. Coming from Texas we have lots of beach just no water! Lol. Not really looking for location, just want to relive childhood resturante again. Last time I ate at the Apple Pan was 1959. Took my kids there in 1988 and they were closed for two weeks!
Thanks again,

Bruce

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
Very Pricey, and it is not really an RV Resort. Your just paying for location, and for the fact that the Los Angeles region is not very RV friendly and there are very few decent campgrounds, not even many yuchy campgrounds. One suggestion, look at Trailer Village in Valencia near Magic Mountain or Castaic RV park just a bit past Magic Mountain. You will be 45 minutes from Santa Monica during mid-afternoon and late night traffic. During the morning rush, 7 to 10am it could take 2 hours or more. But you could head to Santa Monica for a late lunch, enjoy 4th Street, etc, and head home after 8 or 9pm or later if that's your thing, and have a great time. The Valencia Santa Clarita region is a city in itself so you are not basecamping out in the sticks.

blue_trawler
Explorer
Explorer
I saw the prices there, too me way to much! I don't have money problems but I saw 130. A nite!
That's a bit pricey. Let me know if I'm wrong! Plz

Thank you,
Bruce

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
Malibu Beach RV Park is a private well maintained park, on the wrong side of Pacific Coast Highway...not much on the beach in SoCal. Anyway, close to Santa Monica.

blue_trawler
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info, sounds perfect! With that being said, we will be in Morro bay until the 5 of Jan, then thought we would head that way. Bummer for me: it's closed the month of Jan for repairs!

Thank you,
Bruce

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Very close to Santa Monica is Dockweiler State Beach full hookups and close to LAX so it can get a little loud at times.

It is about 9 miles away from where you want to go.

Reservations
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C