cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Orleans...

md_procouple
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone recommend a good C/G in the New Orleans La area, we are looking to go sometime in early March
Vickie, Me, and "Scruffy" our dog make THREE
:W
18 REPLIES 18

charming
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for Pontchartrain Landing. Not easy to get to the first time, but good access to all parts of the city, the interstate and shopping. They offer good rates for the location and discounts for week or longer stays. We've stayed twice and plan to go back for Christmas.

Really like the pull through lots and it is a great location if you have dogs.
Looking forward to new adventures and new friends.

BCK
Explorer
Explorer
I am in ponchartrain landing rv park tonight. It is OK. Clean, and they have a nice restaurant. Quiet part of town. I guess the important thing in this town, I feel safe here. Good luck my feet hurt from all the walking to see the sights......

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
We enjoyed our stay at Pontchartrain Landing our last stay was back in 2010. We especially liked the pull in spots with a view of the intercontinental waterway. They used to have a shuttle every day that took you to the FQ & back and that was convenient. We stayed 7 nights and I believe we had our fill of the FQ with just one or two visits not sure I would want to be any closer.
Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 21 JL Unlimited Sport
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

Itching2go
Explorer II
Explorer II
bobsallyh wrote:
X 2 on Bayou Segnette SP

X3 on Bayou Segnette. Nice campground with that 'state park' feel, and easy-peasy getting into the city. Short drive to a ferry that takes you across the river and drops you at the edge of the French Quarter. Fare as I recall it was $2.00 per person.
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLSA pulled by a 2007 Chevy 3500 D/A SRW

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
We used Jude Travel park when we visited. Owners were very nice - they offer shuttle rides into the city. Would definitely stay there again if we were in the area - but honestly, we were pretty turned off by NOLA... ST
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bob & Ann wrote:
Two Hands wrote:
We liked our stay at Lake Pontchartrain RV Resort. I have heard a lot of good things about the RV park in the Quarter, but have never stayed there.

We always like to stay at Pontchartrain RV Resort. It is in the city and on the water of the canal. It is safe and clean. We do prefer the premium sites. They have a shuttle to the French Quarter or you can drive it in about 20 minutes. The price is very fair for what they have to offer.

Same here, we stayed there two years ago, and the shuttle runs twice a day. My GPS told me to turn right when I should have turned left, and wound up in the 9th ward doing a u turn.

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
Two Hands wrote:
We liked our stay at Lake Pontchartrain RV Resort. I have heard a lot of good things about the RV park in the Quarter, but have never stayed there.

We always like to stay at Pontchartrain RV Resort. It is in the city and on the water of the canal. It is safe and clean. We do prefer the premium sites. They have a shuttle to the French Quarter or you can drive it in about 20 minutes. The price is very fair for what they have to offer.
Bob and Ann
Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
Demco Dominator & Airforce One

HawkTX
Explorer
Explorer
I just got back from New Orleans and stayed in the French quarter RV park. It was fantastic as far as location and I felt very secure because of the huge wall around it and the security gate to get in. Uber can be there within minutes if you donโ€™t feel like walking. Itโ€™s pricey but worth every penny to be right there in the middle of all the action.

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
I couldn't justify the cost of French Quarter RV Park because we were hoping to stay for 3 weeks. We opted for the New Orleans West KOA but it still averaged $60-70/night.

I wanted to stay at Bayou Segnette SP but they wouldn't let me stay longer than 2 weeks.

Ironic as our plans changed and we only stayed 3 days!
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
Learjet wrote:
French Quater RV if you want close to the quater
This is what we chose - good reviews and you can walk!

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Moved to RV Parks, Campgrounds, and Attractions forum from 5th wheels.
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
X 2 on Bayou Segnette SP

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
We stayed at Bayou Segnette SP, near Westwego

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker