cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Niagara Falls Area Campgrounds

Skip78
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have any recommendations on a campground/resort in the Niagara Falls area of New York? Looking to book a trip for 2016. Thanks in advance.
2011 Rockwood Roo 23SS
2006 F150 Supercrew 4X4
19 REPLIES 19

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
Since you are traveling with a dog check to see what campgrounds offer a pet walking service. When we know that we are going to be gone for more than four hours we look for parks that have that service so that they come to our RV and take our dog for walks while we are out and about. Most do not post that the service is available so we just call and ask.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

FC
Explorer
Explorer
We have checked out most of the campgrounds on the Canadian side and we choose to go back to the KOA on Lundy's Lane, a well kept full service campground. We checked out Riverside and found most if the sites were very small and no real amenities. Only a few sites would accommodate our 35 ft motorhome.
Jm2cw
2003 Georgetown 346DS Ford F-53
2008 Pontiac G6 Toad, Blue Ox Aventa LX
Vice President Operations Family Campers & RVers
www.fcrv.org

Uppercrust
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed on the New York side at Lewiston KOA. Nice quiet campground.
2012 F250 CC,FX4, Metallic blue/Silver
2012 Cruiser Patriot 345RF ๐Ÿ™‚ campers mom, dad
19 yr. old son
22 yr. old daughter
Diesel R.I.P.
Lady lab mix 16 R.I.P
Daisy beagle/collie
Misty shepard/husky
Camper's Have Smore Fun
14.5 Rallies
sleepovers 3

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2 on Four Mile Creek SP!!!
See Four Mile Creek post in this category.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2 on Four Mile Creek SP!!!
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Dance_Chick
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at the Grand Island KOA. The place was nice, but make sure you do not stay on the last few rows in the 2nd section, which is the section farthest away from the office. We were on the last row, and our site was so close to the thruway, I thought we were on it. It was incredibly loud 24 hrs. a day. If you stay there, it would be preferable to stay in the 1st section where the office is.
Gene, Gayle, & Oliver (the dog)
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ/2012 Honda CRV toad
Blue Ox tow bar & base plate/Air Force One braking

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
rr2254545 wrote:
Executive wrote:
Take a look at the Riverside RV Campground...it's on the Niagara River and is beautiful..I think the Canadian side is prettier than the US side....Dennis

Is there another Riverside ?

Riverside is Ontario's newest private, members only gay . camping destination. Our gay campground & RV park is situated on 96 beautiful and wooded acres, and is ...
Yes - this is the Riverside Park mentioned:

Riverside Park Motel and Campground, 13541 Niagara River Parkway, Niagara Falls, ON

It's about 20 minutes south of the Falls.

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
Take a look at the Riverside RV Campground...it's on the Niagara River and is beautiful..I think the Canadian side is prettier than the US side....Dennis

Is there another Riverside ?

Riverside is Ontario's newest private, members only gay . camping destination. Our gay campground & RV park is situated on 96 beautiful and wooded acres, and is ...
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

kevden
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at sherkston shores about 9 years ago. Its about 30 minutes away from the falls on the canadian side. It was nice, clean, and well kept, and plenty of things for kids to do.
2012 Keystone Outback 312bh

2003 GMC Yukon XL 2500 4X4 Quadrasteer

2010 VW Routan
2007 Chrysler Pacifica AWD

diftw
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:

+1. Great owners! We enjoyed our stay here.
Dave and Anne
2016 Grand Design 337RLS
2015 Ford F350 XLT 6.7l 4x4
Reese Elite 18K Hitch
Rotochocks
Rota Flex by Trail Air Pin Box
Barker 4-wheel 25 gallon tote
Nights Camped in 2009 - 33
2010 - 37
2011 - 31

2012 - 35
2013 - 42
2014 - 45
2015 - 46
2016 - 51
2017 - 43

Skip78
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the replies! I will check them out. Yes, we will need full hookups. We have a Labrador and two small children, so finding one that is kid and dog friendly is a must. Thanks so much!
2011 Rockwood Roo 23SS
2006 F150 Supercrew 4X4

HappyCampers227
Explorer
Explorer
Four Mile Creek State Park is a beautiful park. Plus, its next to Fort Niagara, which was amazing. Our review of the campground via Trip Advisor... link below.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g48927-d1156203-r227925178-Four_Mile_Creek_Campground-Youngstown_New_York.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT
Happy Campers 227
2013 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4
2016 Jayco Eagle 323 LKTS

The Happy Campers Facebook Page

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
If you need full hookups:
Branches of Niagara
Grand Island KOA

If you can deal with electric only:
Four Miles Creek State Park

There are a couple of others in the area, but they are only good if you just passing through.
Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
we stayed at Branches of Niagara. It was a short drive to the falls. It was very crowded so you will need reservations.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi