cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Non Park Model Arizona RV Resorts?

Sooner_Schooner
Explorer
Explorer
I'm having difficulty finding a park in the Tucson or Phoenix area that are not primarily park model or mobile home parks. Can any of you recommend a nice place that is mostly a RV park? Thanks for any assistance.
2008 Damon Tuscany 4076 40' Diesel Pusher
16 REPLIES 16

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Executive wrote:
Here's a few...I could fill the entire page with more.....Dennis

Viewpoint in Mesa.
Mesa Spirit in Mesa.
There's a KOA in Apache Junction...ugh!.
Finally there's Gold Canyon RV Resort in Gold Canyon.

Depends on what you're looking for. There are so many parks around Mesa. All will have some park models and/or long term stays, no matter where you go. Some parks, like Mesa Spirit have separate sections for RVs and are 55+..you'll have to narrow your search a lot.

Tucson

Voyager RV Resort..a little too intense for us.
DeAnza RV Resort...our favorite...FREE MARGARITAS ON FRIDAY NIGHTS...:B..Dennis

Mesa Spirit
Viewpoint RV Resort
KOA Campground
Gold Canyon Golf and RV Resort

Voyager RV Resort
DeAnza RV Resort

Maybe you misunderstood the OP request. He is looking for mostly RV not Park Models!
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
The term 'Park Models' is construed in different views.

Could be double wides where some are actually living in them year around.

A lot of CG's have rentals that are for people that are there for short term and are usually in an area segregated from RV sites.

Just a matter of what you prefer so do your homework.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
Sooner Schooner wrote:
thank you all for the information, I have nothing against park model people, it's just that we are RVers, and I want to be in a RV park not a mobile home community.

You do realize that there is a difference between Park Models (which are classified as RVs) and mobile home communities, right? We have been fulltiming for over 8 years and just bought a Park Model in a park we like because we are at the point in our life where we want to stretch out a little during the winter, but come spring we will be back in the RV for the summer months. Lots of people are like us. People in Park Models are still people, go to the pool, go to potlucks, go to the card games, etc., all the things that everyone else in the park does.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

Sooner_Schooner
Explorer
Explorer
thank you all for the information, I have nothing against park model people, it's just that we are RVers, and I want to be in a RV park not a mobile home community.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
I just checked the first two weeks of January for Lost Dutchman State Park and there are 25+ hookup sites available. Never assume there are no sites left. Do some checking for various dates.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

almcc
Explorer
Explorer
We are in the KOA (formerly Lazy Days, former Beaudry) in Tucson, there are no park models but there are a few seasonals (that were there last years as well!)

KOA seem to be putting some $$ into it and the restaurant is open for business, they now have a divided "sports bar" and dining area.

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
Try any of the Cal-Am parks (or several of them) in the Phoenix area. Most take Passport America for a reduced rate for a week - long enough to figure out if you like it or not. Don't let the park models scare you off - most of those in the park models (like we are for the winter) were/are RVers. And if you are a little unsure of whether you can park easily, tell them you want an area with mostly RVs.

That said, if you want the Jan-March time frame in the Phoenix area for a few months, you are probably too late. The SuperBowl is in Phoenix in February, so the Jan-March time frame is pretty well booked for all of the parks. There will always be a few days open, so you can move around.

Also, the county parks are good - but if spending longer than a week, you are better off financially by looking for a regular park with full hookups. Monthly rates will be around $20/night FHU, while the county parks are $25/night with water/electric.

Barb

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

Marv_Hoag
Explorer
Explorer
Canyon Vistas in Gold Canyon. Good mix of RVs & park models. Check it out with Google Earth.
2000 Monaco Windsor 40
2009 Honda Fit Sport
2012 Chevrolet Equinox

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
I was concerned with taking an RV into The Resort in Mesa which is primarily park models but we got along quite well with everybody we met.

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cochese Terrace or Butterfield RV parks in Benson AZ. About 40 miles east of Tucson. Both have park models but they are in different sections within the parks.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Sooner_Schooner
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Executive and others, I guess I didn't find the correct search button. I will check out your suggestions.

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
If for this winter, the two state parks mentioned will be fully booked. in the sections with hookups.

Do look at the Maricopa County Regional Parks:
Usery Mtn
McDowell Mtn
White Tank Mtn
Cave Creek
Lake Pleasant

Seems like I'm forgetting one. Those are beautiful parks, big sites, water and electric. Full of big rigs too.

We have stayed at The Arizonian out in the end of Apache Junction or Gold Canyon. It certainly has some permanent sites, but it's not a park model type place. It's out in the desert, lots of land to hike into. Many of the guests have ATVs and go on trail rides. There seems to be a model airplane and helicopter group, plus the usual clubhouse activities. And a rugged "golf" course which is really just raw desert with some mats for tees and I think sand greens IIRC. You can probably get a spot there on short notice.
http://www.arizonianresort.com/
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
The RV park in Tucson at LazyDays is now a KOA. No park models. Many folks like it.

Do you need a RV park? In the Phoenix area we love Lost Dutchman State Park and all of the Maricopa County parks. All are good for big rigs.

In Tucson, Catalina State Park is nice. Big-rig friendly.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
We spent four Winters at this place in Apache Junction.
We would go again if it wasn't so far for us.

http://meridianrvresort.com/