cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Place to spend summer

Carolina_Moonsh
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking for a great RV park to spend the summer- we are in Texas now but would go anywhere for a fun RV park, preferably for senior's with a pool/and or river/lake. Any suggestions? We looked at Texas hill country but would consider anywhere except the AZ desert- too hot! Want a park with monthly rates that aren't super high. Thank you!
20 REPLIES 20

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
Come up to Washington or Oregon. Cool summers, especially along the coast and lots of great places to stay.

Dadio24
Explorer
Explorer
vgoulette wrote:
Fun Valley, Colorado, maybe??

2X...alway fun and in the valley...easy day trips to many other places...Pagosa Springs, Creede, Lake City...enjoy!

Carolina_Moonsh
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you so much for all suggestions! We just may check them all out!

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
I moved to east TN at first came for camping found heaven and never went back. Smoky mountains great weather yep some hot days but not enough to move great 4 seasons . Now that are we live here we still camp here many thing to see and do pigeon forge is great and Sevierville , TN but not to good when car shows in town traffic in town bad but bicycling around no problem to see everything . I moved from CT 28 years ago and never looked back.
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

Flintstones
Explorer
Explorer
How about a summer in New England? You should consider The Bluffs at Danforth Bay in Freedom, New Hampshire. In the heart of the Mount Washington Valley, plenty to do in the park as well as in the surrounding area. Good Luck.

Klueck
Explorer
Explorer
This is a nice cg with indoor and outdoor pools. In the North Ga mountains and is in a beautiful area. Lots of mountain lakes, waterfalls and hiking.

River Vista

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Red River, NM, Ruidoso, NM, southwest Colorado - Pagosa Springs, Durango areas, Flagstaff, Show Low, Arizona.

You need to think 'elevation'. That's where you find cool temps - even in Arizona. It's not all desert. ๐Ÿ™‚
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Carolina_Moonsh
Explorer
Explorer
Ok- thank you!

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would vote for the San Juans. Start looking around Durango somewhere. There are several parks on the Animas River.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

timandsusan
Explorer
Explorer
I grew up in South Texas--after we retired we decided to spend July-Oct somewhere else! Santa Fe is our favorite--rarely use the AC and lots of interesting places to visit nearby.

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Carolina Moonshine wrote:
We are looking for a great RV park to spend the summer- we are in Texas now but would go anywhere for a fun RV park, preferably for senior's with a pool/and or river/lake. Any suggestions? We looked at Texas hill country but would consider anywhere except the AZ desert- too hot! Want a park with monthly rates that aren't super high. Thank you!

I would look to following the Rockies - once you get to around 8,000 feet you will almost certainly have cool crisp nights, making sleeping just plain GREAT.

Just pick an area you would like to explore and do a search, we have stayed in too many to list, and what I like might not be what you like.

My first choice areas would be the San Juan's in Colorado, followed by a wealth of choices around Yellowstone, in the National forest areas, closely followed by the surrounds of Glacier.

Go to Bing Maps or Google and pick your areas type in Camp Grounds and you will have more choices than time.

BOL,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

vgoulette
Explorer
Explorer
Fun Valley, Colorado, maybe??

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Terryallan wrote:
Carolina Moonshine wrote:
We looked at Texas hill country but would consider anywhere except the AZ desert- too hot! Want a park with monthly rates that aren't super high. Thank you!

Know 2 great places. One Raccoone holler in Glendale Springs NC. You will NEVER need AC all summer long. Have a lake

And Holly Cove near Cherokee NC. It's a little warmer, but they do have a pool.

ALL of Texas is brutally hot and humid in summer. Head into the mountains: these two in NC are good to start with.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
I would more clearly define "not super high" - expensive is relative. In Florida we think anything below $600 per month in the winter is "cheap"...
not for seniors but we like Catherine's Landing RV park in Hot Springs AR. Pool and access to Lake Catherine and plenty to do in the area. Lots of retirees in Hot Springs. Their current back in monthly rate is $545.99.
Another of our favorite parks is Spring Lake RV Resort in Crossville TN. It's on the Cumberland Plateau and is cooler than the valley. No pool and not many activities except small fishing pond (catch and release). It is a very quiet and relaxing place. The town of Crossville is very friendly.
also Sante Fe NM and north NM seemed cooler when we were there.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi