cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

~Post your campsite photos here~

answerswillvary
Explorer
Explorer
Lately there has been a lot of interest in viewing photos of the sites that different campgrounds have to offer. Let's start posting them to this thread and if there seems to be enough interest, perhaps we can make the thread a permanent sticky.

If you have recently posted photos of this sort, please re-post them here. If you have new ones to share, please do!

Don't forget to label the photos: Campground name, site #'s if you know them, area of campground, etc.

Picture Posting Help

**A photo width of 500 works really well.

I am taking the liberty of copying here some recent photos submitted by member 'marites62'.

Fishing Bridge - This is site 60 in the B loop - back-in, full hookups (It can be tough for long trailers and 5th wheels):

More of the same site:

Colter Bay Village - This is site 40, Pull through, full hookups. It is at the end of the loop which was nice.

More of the same site:

Thanks,
Sandi (Moderator)
2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QBP
3,571 REPLIES 3,571

bakerkids
Explorer
Explorer
Lieber Rec. Area and Cataract Falls, Cloverdale, IN Site #40

Cataract Falls
(not seen from campground)
Me '62, DH '59, DS '89, DD '90, DD '92
1 shih tzu
Our photos

alaskasafari
Explorer
Explorer
Site #20 at Carlo Creek Lodge just south of Denali National Park. Campground is geared toward tenters and small RV's but there were several that would work for a 30+/- footer. The sites were level and had power available. Views were magnificent and the Nenana River was a few moments walk from our front door.

coastie_family
Explorer
Explorer
We were at Palo Duro Canyon State Park the same day as we had the storm and same rainbow. We didn't camp there, just spent the day there. Very beautiful park! We just got back today!
Tex and Susan Collier
Elsie Mae, Bonnie and Chloe, our mini Cocker Spaniels
2006 Newmar Ventana 3631

Good Sam Elite Member

buffymb
Explorer
Explorer
WrightOn wrote:
buffymb wrote:
Mohican State Park, site 100, Loudon, OHio

I grew up at this park. I remember leaving the house at 3 am to get in line for a spot. One out....one in. A pool, amphitheater, game room, and of course, tubing on the river helped pass the time until a site opened. I earned my naturalist patch here as well.....led to me becoming a biology teacher.
Thanks for sharing the photo and the trip down memory lane.

Awwwh, glad you enjoyed it! That is so cool to hear how the park impacted your life, it is a beautiful place!
Buffy
America-Land That I Love
2013 Ford F450 Dually
2014.5 TKSB3 Elite Suites by DRV

Medic001
Explorer
Explorer
Palo Duro is the Grand Canyon of Texas. As both of you said, it is a very neat place. My family was there June 2009 and it was 117F degrees! Im not much on plays, but you have to watch TEXAS - the outdoor play @ Palo Duro Canyon. Very impressive! We plan on going back this Fall when its cooler weather.
2006 F-250 6.OL V8 Turbo Diesel/F250 XLT/ 3:73
2011 Sabre 29CKDS 33'
Curt E5/R5 16k

FordDiesel250
Explorer
Explorer
Palo Duro is a neat place. Took our popup and Mom and two kids there in 1989. It was hot there then and I believe it was just in the middle of May. Nice park and you are right there is plenty to do. Hope you watched the play.

texasjayco
Explorer
Explorer
We just got back from Palo Duro Canyon State Park near Amarillo, Tx.

It was very nice, but very hot!!

There's a lot to do there, and we tried to do it all.

It looks like the park is surrounded by mountains, but you actually camp down in the bottom of the canyon.

As usual in Texas, we had some spectacular sunsets.

We did the 6 mile hike to the Lighthouse.

The sites are nice and spread out, but NO SHADE!!

We even had a nice cooling shower one day, topped off with a cool rainbow!!

The only two complaints I had were the steady 25-30 mph wind. and the ever-present biting flies!! Nice park!

Mark
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS
2022 Ford F-450 Limited Diesel Dually

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
califRVers wrote:
Okie in Wyoming wrote:
Tim and Julie, what a gorgeous campground! Just beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing this and your description of what we are seeing!

Happy Trails, Okie.

Your welcome and thank you for the kind words!! ๐Ÿ™‚

camperfool wrote:
Now this in camping!!! Were there many generators running since no electric provided? We enjoy this type of camping (rustic even with a rig). You might consider a solar panel if you can find areas of sun. Thanks for the pics they are great!!! God sure blessed this nation with all the wonderful places.

There were generators mostly Honda's, we used ours to use the microwave, TV for a couple hours at night after the campfire and to charge the batteries..we used the generator sparingly as everyone else only fired them up when they needed them..by the weekend we were surrounded by tent campers only..

We do have a small solar panel to trickle charge the batteries, but we need a bigger panel, it would help a lot!

Beautiful it is, but this leaves us out with our three dogs - only 2 per site and strictly enforced.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

weathershak
Explorer
Explorer

Bayfront site, Tall Pines Harbor Campground at Sanford Virginia 6/14/2010
Full timing it since July 2012

monakayk
Explorer
Explorer
califRVers wrote:
monakayk wrote:

What a beautiful place!! Any showers there or nearby?

So you were able to drive to Glen Alpine Falls? Or was there a hike to get to the actual falls? The falls are lovely.

It was beautiful!

There are bathrooms scattered throughout the campground along with brand new showers and bathroom buildings throughout and all the bathrooms are cleaned 3 times a day! Great staff too!

We did drive to the falls, BUT after doing so I have a few suggestions, if possible drive to the falls on a weekday, the road gets busy and it is a single lane road for the most part, so you will be yielding to traffic quite often, also once you get to the firehouse where there is a sign posted for Glen Alpine Falls, I suggest parking there and walking the short walk up to the falls because with a tow vehicle it can be tricky to back down the narrow road after viewing the falls..

Julie

Thanks Julie for the additional info!
HAPPY CAMPING!!
Mona K

Our Ford Explorer & Jayco Jay-Feather Hybrid Travel Trailer and Camping Photos--CLICK HERE!

califRVers
Explorer
Explorer
monakayk wrote:

So you were able to drive to Glen Alpine Falls? Or was there a hike to get to the actual falls? The falls are lovely.

It was beautiful!

There are bathrooms scattered throughout the campground along with brand new showers and bathroom buildings throughout and all the bathrooms are cleaned 3 times a day! Great staff too!

We did drive to the falls, BUT after doing so I have a few suggestions, if possible drive to the falls on a weekday, the road gets busy and it is a single lane road for the most part, so you will be yielding to traffic quite often, also once you get to the firehouse where there is a sign posted for Glen Alpine Falls, I suggest parking there and walking the short walk up to the falls because with a tow vehicle it can be tricky to back down the narrow road after viewing the falls..

Julie
Tim and Julie
OdysseyLife.net

2018 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL - 12K Equal-i-zer
2018 Ford F250 SuperDuty FX4

califRVers
Explorer
Explorer
Okie in Wyoming wrote:
Tim and Julie, what a gorgeous campground! Just beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing this and your description of what we are seeing!

Happy Trails, Okie.

Your welcome and thank you for the kind words!! ๐Ÿ™‚

camperfool wrote:
Now this in camping!!! Were there many generators running since no electric provided? We enjoy this type of camping (rustic even with a rig). You might consider a solar panel if you can find areas of sun. Thanks for the pics they are great!!! God sure blessed this nation with all the wonderful places.

There were generators mostly Honda's, we used ours to use the microwave, TV for a couple hours at night after the campfire and to charge the batteries..we used the generator sparingly as everyone else only fired them up when they needed them..by the weekend we were surrounded by tent campers only..

We do have a small solar panel to trickle charge the batteries, but we need a bigger panel, it would help a lot!
Tim and Julie
OdysseyLife.net

2018 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL - 12K Equal-i-zer
2018 Ford F250 SuperDuty FX4

JTMO
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, it really is that nice.
And the marina at the end of the lake is NOT for a motor home. It reminds of something you would see in upstate NY.
DO NOT try to come down 89 from 80 to get here, you will not make it without ripping off the back of your rig.

This area just up the road on 89 is one of my favorites in the world.
The ridge

Pan left and right.
Cedar Creek 27LRLS 7359 dry with extensive options/7700+ loaded.
2003 Expedition 5.4 FX4 with factory Tow 3.73 Bilstein shocks. GCVWR 14500, Tow rating with no cargo 8650
Equalizer Hitch, Prodigy, Barker Electric jack. Coachnet ERS
Rallies=14
My travel albums

dmatt
Explorer
Explorer
We will be there from the 29th-july 7th. Can't wait. It is our first time camping there! Didn't know what to expect but the great photos by CalifRVers make us even more anxious to go. OH, She has already sent me the directions to the falls and according to them, it is driveable. Will post some photos when we get back.
2018 F150 FX4, 3.5 EB, max tow
2019.5 Lance 2375
Madison-the loveable old lady of the dog clan
Riley-our rescued Black Lab
Scout-the new crazy Australian Shepherd puppy

Our camping photos

monakayk
Explorer
Explorer
califRVers wrote:
We spent 8 gorgeous days at Fallen Leaf Campground in Lake Tahoe, CA...

This is by far my favorite campground that I have ever stayed at ever! I highly recommend Fallen Leaf if your ever planning a trip to Lake Tahoe.

There are no hookups, but that's the beauty of it! Campsites are spread out nicely, the sites have sun and shade with tons of trees, the bathrooms are cleaned 3 times a day and they just built new shower/bathrooms throughout the campground and while we were there they replaced our already nice picnic table with a brand new one.

I would say its 50/50 tent campers and RV's at least while we were there. The staff was great, we'll definitely be making this at least an annual vacation if not more often!

If you visit Lake Tahoe and/or Fallen Leaf Campground you must take the drive down the 5 miles of narrows roads to the gorgeous Glen Alpine Falls..this photo doesn't do it justice!

Found this link to the CG for more info for those who are interested in camping there. I know the DH and I will camp there if we are ever in that area again!Sure wish we knew about it before, when we were in Lake Tahoe.

LINK

Thanks for sharing.
HAPPY CAMPING!!
Mona K

Our Ford Explorer & Jayco Jay-Feather Hybrid Travel Trailer and Camping Photos--CLICK HERE!