cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

~Post your campsite photos here~

answerswillvary
Explorer
Explorer
Lately there has been a lot of interest in viewing photos of the sites that different campgrounds have to offer. Let's start posting them to this thread and if there seems to be enough interest, perhaps we can make the thread a permanent sticky.

If you have recently posted photos of this sort, please re-post them here. If you have new ones to share, please do!

Don't forget to label the photos: Campground name, site #'s if you know them, area of campground, etc.

Picture Posting Help

**A photo width of 500 works really well.

I am taking the liberty of copying here some recent photos submitted by member 'marites62'.

Fishing Bridge - This is site 60 in the B loop - back-in, full hookups (It can be tough for long trailers and 5th wheels):

More of the same site:

Colter Bay Village - This is site 40, Pull through, full hookups. It is at the end of the loop which was nice.

More of the same site:

Thanks,
Sandi (Moderator)
2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QBP
3,571 REPLIES 3,571

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
Three Island Crossing SP, Idaho - site #59, back-in with electric & water hookups. Sites in this CG are very spacious. They always have water sprinklers going, so the humidity is pretty high (for Idaho). ๐Ÿ™‚

I have really enjoyed some of the recent pictures in this thread. Those Wisconsin & UP of Michigan CGs bring back good memories. ๐Ÿ™‚
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tumalo SP, near Bend OR, site #60 in C loop. Back-in FHU; our 27' TT just fit in the site. This CG has very few long sites and no pull-throughs. Nice CG nonetheless. We were there on the weekend, so there were a lot more people than we were used to, but sites are fairly wide, especially in this loop.

2020 Lance 2375

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
Champoeg SP, Oregon, in the Willamette Valley. Park name is pronounced "Shampoo-ey" - seriously. This was site #27 in B loop, back-in FHU. Very nice CG, loved how big our site was, and at least semi-private.

2020 Lance 2375

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
Boardman Marina & RV Park, Boardman OR - site #21 - back-in FHU; that's the Columbia River off our "stern"!

2020 Lance 2375

essness
Explorer
Explorer
Darlington, WI. Very cold weekend, snowed October 4th 2014.

ran about 200 bone chilling miles in 2 days.

spud1957
Explorer
Explorer
Homestead Campground, Biddeford ME, Site 6.

2018 F350 6.7 4x4 CCSB
2022 GD Reflection 337 RLS

VE3ESN
Explorer
Explorer
On the way to NYC, we stayed for several nights at Mahlon Dickerson Reservation in New Jersey. A very nice park, with water and electricity for $20 a night. Here's our Roadtrek on site 16:

We were told that on the previous night, there were four bears (and several police cars!) on site 12. Imagine, bear country that's relatively close to the Big Apple!
Jerry & Susie
1996 Roadtrek 190 Versatile (Dodge 5.2 L)

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Heap64, oh yeah, the dry or maybe power only CGs are sooo much nicer. The FHU CGs are all the same, little site separation & expensive.

Sitting in one right now for an on site bluegrass festival, just power hooked up. Got a stupid little yappy dog in the next site barking its dumb head off everytime I step outside.

Oh well, a couple nights of this & we move to dry camping at a National Seashore CG & have wild horses for company.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Heap64
Explorer
Explorer
One more and I will call it quits for now..

Presque Isle Campground for four nights in the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park. Lake Superior is behind us and down about 200 ft from the bluff that the campground sits on. Each night there were only 3-5 tent campers here and 1 or 2 RV's in a campground with nearly 100 sites! This campground is rustic with no power, shower houses or modern bathrooms. The modern campground on the other side of the park was nearly full. No thanks we like it rustic and quite.

James & Kim from Central Illinois
2012 Ford F250 XLT CC SB 4x4 6.7, ARE Topper and Decked Draw System
2013 Arctic Fox 25Y (1250lb tongue weight with mods)
Blue Ox Sway Pro 1500 w/Reese Titan Weight Dist Shank

Heap64
Explorer
Explorer
We pretty much had Lost Lake in Northern Wisconsin to ourselves. One other camper on the opposite end of the campground.

If we only had places like this in our part of the country.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful camping spot Heap64.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Heap64
Explorer
Explorer
site 9 at Bay Furnace in the Michigan UP. The tent next to us was in site 10 it is even closer to the water!

It was a very quite and nice rustic campground. We enjoyed it.

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
Metamora-Hadley State Recreation Area (SP). Site number 121.

Generally small, unlevel sites. However, this time of year, nobody there during the week. Quiet, peaceful place.

We prefer well shaded spots.

Colors starting to appear.

Nice Hiking trails for the DW and Gigi.
2013 F350 6.7 DRW SC Lariat
2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB

garysol
Explorer
Explorer
We just got home from Cedar Point Amusement Park in Sandusky Ohio. Site #249. What a FANTASTIC weekend it was. Supernice campground with the exception of a below average bathhouse. Can't wait to go back again next year. Reservations are already made.

2020 GMC Canyon
2022 NoBo 19.2

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
michigansandzilla wrote:
Michigan, Silver Lake Sand Dunes from July 2014. We stayed at Yogi Bear. It was Halloween weekend and tons of fun!

Of course, the kids love the sand!

Not ours, but the people/vehicle watching sure is fun.
Halloween weekend in July ? Kinda pushing things aren't they ? ๐Ÿ˜‰
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund