cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Campgrounds or Resorts Near Denver, CO

TZScales
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I will be travelling later in June to San Francisco and would like to stop in on Denver for a little sightseeing. Where is there a decent campground that we can do an overnight before proceeding further west?

Thanks!
TZS and Wife :B
2007 Monaco Executive Sandia IV
Cummins ISX 525 Horsepower
Allison 4000 Six Speed Transmission
Roadmaster S-Series Chassis
2004 Ford F250
Blueox Aventa LX Tow Bar
SMI Air Force One
9 REPLIES 9

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Bionic Man wrote:
Dick_B wrote:
This is a good opportunity to use a good campground directory and/or do a Google search for `Denver campgrounds'.

You could probably get every answer in this forum this way.

Or you can ask here and get some first hand experience and start a dialogue like the op did. That would be my preference as well.

I think both are invaluable, sort of like Maps and GPS, they work together.

Our house is still in the garage, well 3/4 of our belongings are in our garage due to the remodeling which has just ended so all my logs are in there and I cannot give you the name of the campground we have used. It is not a State park and it's really in Golden, there is a great garage across the street and it is a nice campground on the east/west drag.

What I would suggest and I do remember the name fir is if time permits, go to Red Rocks Amphitheater and expect to spend a few hours. It is spectacular and to think it was an EPA project.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B wrote:
This is a good opportunity to use a good campground directory and/or do a Google search for `Denver campgrounds'.

You could probably get every answer in this forum this way.

Or you can ask here and get some first hand experience and start a dialogue like the op did. That would be my preference as well.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
The problem with Chatfield SP is you won't want to stay for just one night...a week maybe...but not just one night....Dennis

Our site...Site 177

We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
Cherry Creek, but be aware that you need a $7 a day vehicle pass in addition to the camping fee. They give you a free pass for your toad, but you need the vehicle pass for the RV.

We spend two weeks at Cherry Creek headed north in the spring and south in the fall so we purchase an annual pass.
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can't go wrong with the two state parks mentioned. They are certainly the pick of the litter of places to stay in the Denver area.

More information H E R E . Scroll down and on the left, look for select your park, and choose either one or both for more information.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Or Chatfield state park.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
X2 Cherry Creek.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
Cherry Creek State Park
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen