cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good spot at James Island County Park?

CapeM1
Explorer
Explorer
I have been wanting to visit this park for a long time and we finally will be able to this September. I know our dog will just love the dog park/lake area! Any area of the CG we should avoid? We have a 30' TT'. I saw on the map that some of the sites back up to a road and other parks back up to an overflow lot. Any suggestions? Thanks so much.
2010 Rockwood 2607
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500, Ext Cab
11 REPLIES 11

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't remember ever being in a BAD spot at J.I.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've only stayed there in February/March coming back from Florida. All the spots looked great and the park was pretty sparsely populated. I'm sure some sights are "better" than others, but they all look pretty darn good to me! Besides, when we are that close to Charleston, we don't spend much time at the park!!!

Enjoy your trip. Another vote for Patriots Point. We go every time we are there. Its amazing every time.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

CapeM1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all for your suggestions. I finally made my reservation and was given site #8 for our stay in September. Hopefully it serves us well. We are looking forward to taking our dog to the dog park/lake.
2010 Rockwood 2607
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500, Ext Cab

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
dezl_dr wrote:
We've stayed in several sites at James Island and liked most of them. The only BAD site we stayed in was a double-site....neighbor took his 1/2 out of the middle ๐Ÿ˜ž

That's what happened with us when we were in 119.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

dezl_dr
Explorer
Explorer
We've stayed in several sites at James Island and liked most of them. The only BAD site we stayed in was a double-site....neighbor took his 1/2 out of the middle ๐Ÿ˜ž
2014 F-350 DRW, 2010 Elite Suites 38'

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed in 25, a little buggy with the pond behind you but we liked it. Seemed to us that the sites on that 1/2 of the CG were a bit farther apart and more spacious.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

Happy_Camper200
Explorer
Explorer
CapeM1, we spent all last week at JICP and I can tell you, don't wait too much longer before you call for reservations. Even this early, you will probably be limited on what sites are available. We stayed on 82. It wasn't my first choice, but it wasn't a bad site by any means. Stay away from 118. It's was too narrow for me to open my slides on a previous visit a couple of years ago. 46-49 are very private due to the tree growth. If you're looking for a pull through, site 29 and 31 were more shady than the others. Other than that, there's really not a bad site in the park. Some of the sites do back up to the road and the overflow lot, but there are trees between you and the road, so I didn't see that as a problem. The water park was open one day last weekend and you do hear the constant whistle of the lifeguard on duty. One of our favorite is 113. Hope this helps some.
2003 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Ext.cab Duramax\Allison
2009 Sabre 31 BHDS

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
We were there last spring break and we LOVED the park. Yes, some of the sites are adjacent to the incoming road, but those would be my first choice. They are closer to the water park.

When we arrived, we set up and during the night and morning, we got in excess of 6" of rain! Shew, it looked like we were a houseboat and across from us was a motorhome with a small car (toad) sitting in front (site 75) and the water was up to the doors. It took about 5 hours for the water to go down, but all was well and we had a great time.

We were in site 118 or 119 and they both were narrow sites. I would not choose that one again.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
If you have an interest, check out Patriots Point on the northern side of the Cooper river in Mt. Pleasant. You can tour a WWII aircraft carrier, submarine and destroyer.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
That park would be on the outskirts of Charleston, South Carolina. Beautiful park in a wonderful historic city.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
CapeM1 wrote:
I have been wanting to visit this park for a long time and we finally will be able to this September. I know our dog will just love the dog park/lake area! Any area of the CG we should avoid? We have a 30' TT'. I saw on the map that some of the sites back up to a road and other parks back up to an overflow lot. Any suggestions? Thanks so much.

And where would this park be?
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel