cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shipshewana Campground South from the air

SanCap
Explorer
Explorer
Shipshewana is in Indiana not far from Elkhart. We are here for a couple of days and I had a chance to send my GoPro camera up on my QuadCopter to take some photos. I will add a couple more shortly.

Jim

Formerly Jimandsue60 2015 Toyota Tundra, 2019 AT Summit Camper
19 REPLIES 19

twins89
Explorer
Explorer
Never heard of a quad copter. Pretty neat little $$$ thing. Like the pictures too.
Western New Yorkers with a Westie
2000 F350 DRW 7.3 PSD crew cab
2010 Jayco Designer 37rlqs

longrider1100
Explorer
Explorer
Cool pics, thanks!
Time to camp.

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
Having been in this CG several times as it's only about 130 miles south of our home, we know it well as we've gone to the flea market etc many times. Also have several very good friends who own very large farms near Ligoner, IN about 16 miles south of the market.

Yes, the sites are very close together but a nice CG if overnighting and/or access to the huge flea market with an entrance that's only a few hundred yards away walking thru the flea market south parking lot. Walking distance to lots of things too and not too far to go for wheelchair people either. My disabled wife even makes the trek with her mobility wheeled walker with a seat to rest on when going to the market from the CG row near the bottom of the pic where we usually get a site.

Not a nice CG in our opinion for a week or two plus stay as it's close quarters and lots of traffic in the area during the day if you want to go to places with your vehicle or RV. Sometimes, it can take half an hour just to go N/S the 1-2 miles on the main road thru town where most of the stuff is located during the summer months. Faster walking if you can!

A note! The ground and grass can be very slippery after a heavy rain as it has a lot of clay in the soil which also keeps it wet and holds puddles for quite a long time. Also have to pay real attention when walking on the side of a road etc as the horses pulling the gobs of Amish buggy's, that are everywhere, leave their "deposits" indiscriminately and very prolifically. Check your shoes well before re-entering the RV for "more" than just dirt or clay!
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
That doesn`t look like a parking lot! it looks like a campground...and a nice one at that! a parking lot is all paved and has concrete blocks to separate parking spaces and usually a Wal-Mart is in the background.

Ditto.

Cool pics! Cool toy too!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

4huskers
Explorer
Explorer
We were there for the 2013 Open Range Owners Forum "Coming Home Rally". 50 rigs there and we had a great time.

SanCap
Explorer
Explorer
pa traveler wrote:
Thanks for the photos,nice. Can you show the quadcopter? I will look maybe its in one of your previous posts.Just found some photos of it.Looks like fun.

Here are a couple of pictures of the quadcopter, you can also google DJI Phantom Quadcopter.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
That doesn`t look like a parking lot! it looks like a campground...and a nice one at that! a parking lot is all paved and has concrete blocks to separate parking spaces and usually a Wal-Mart is in the background.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

SanCap
Explorer
Explorer
Tripalot wrote:
Is your photo of the Shipshewana South C.G. or the one beside the flea market.
People get the 2 confused - they are about l/2 mile a part on the same road. It looks more like the one down the street from the flea market to me. If you look carefully at the photo I think you can make out the flea market c.g. at the top.

Cool pictures - it is lovely there this time of year. We just got back 3 days ago. The flea market c.g. was full the 2 nights we stayed there.

Yes we are very close to the flea market which is the South campground.

Randu
Explorer
Explorer
I happen to prefer these wide open "Parking Lots". No trees to snag the roof or block the satellite signal. Good shot of Paul's place. Randu
2017 Chevy 3500HD SRW Crew LTZ
4x4,Duramax, Allison.
2017 Jayco North Point 381DLQS
Previous: 2000 Travel Supreme
2005 Newmar Kountry Star
2008 Mobile Suites 36TK3

crimmps49
Explorer
Explorer
Love these pictures. Thanks for posting--we will have to visit the area sometime.

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
Is your photo of the Shipshewana South C.G. or the one beside the flea market.
People get the 2 confused - they are about l/2 mile a part on the same road. It looks more like the one down the street from the flea market to me. If you look carefully at the photo I think you can make out the flea market c.g. at the top.

Cool pictures - it is lovely there this time of year. We just got back 3 days ago. The flea market c.g. was full the 2 nights we stayed there.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

conmoto
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the post. That is exactly the kind of CG we look for when on the road and needing an overnight stop. I do RC helos and you have a very cool set-up there!

pa_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the photos,nice. Can you show the quadcopter? I will look maybe its in one of your previous posts.Just found some photos of it.Looks like fun.

l001952119
Explorer
Explorer
jimandsue60 wrote:
robsouth wrote:
That is exactly the kind of "campground" I will never visit. Thanks for the warning. I don't care for huge "parking lots" called campgrounds.

I did not post this as a warning! This is actually a very nice campground for people that need/want to be here for what ever reason. Our reason is that we are having work done on our RV from a couple of different vendors that happen to have facilities nearby.

Jim

X2, have stayed there several times and very nice campground.