cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Southern Maine/Boston Mass. Vacation suggestions

kjyoung24
Explorer
Explorer
We plan on visiting the Boston area in May/early June. We are huge fans of the NE Patriots, so we will plan our 3rd visit to Gillette too.  Any cool places to visit that are hidden gems of the Boston area or in the Southern Maine area? We are starting our camping vacation around the Kittery/Portland, ME area, then moving toward the Boston area. Campground suggestions?
11 REPLIES 11

fwed
Explorer
Explorer
The definition of "hidden gems" varies with individual preferences. Adults only or with children? Historical sites, theater, outdoor activities, ... ? Better answers with more info.

Fred.

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
Oh jeez! I'm dopey! Mansfield is what I was referring to.

ChooChooMan74 wrote:
paulcardoza wrote:
There's also a rail station in downtown Foxboro that'll easily get you into Boston.

Do you mean Mansfield or Walpole?
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

FC
Explorer
Explorer
In Maine we like Bayleys resort in Scarborough near Old Orchard Beach .lots of on Site activities.
Similar in quality to Normandy Farms .

Jm2cw
2003 Georgetown 346DS Ford F-53
2008 Pontiac G6 Toad, Blue Ox Aventa LX
Vice President Operations Family Campers & RVers
www.fcrv.org

kevden
Explorer
Explorer
In NH, Mt. Washington and white mts area is very pretty. Lost River Gorge, Polar Caves, and Hampton Beach area. If you have young kids there is Storyland and Santas village.
Boston aquarium is nice.
2012 Keystone Outback 312bh

2003 GMC Yukon XL 2500 4X4 Quadrasteer

2010 VW Routan
2007 Chrysler Pacifica AWD

ChooChooMan74
Explorer
Explorer
paulcardoza wrote:
There's also a rail station in downtown Foxboro that'll easily get you into Boston.

Do you mean Mansfield or Walpole?
Great American Anti-Towing Conspiracy
2015 Ram Truck 1500 Ecodiesel Tuned By Green Diesel
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Stop on by and read my Camping Blogs
Nights Camped in 2015 - 19 and Winterized

JayGee
Explorer
Explorer
paulcardoza wrote:
Normandy Farms CG in Foxboro is 3 miles from Gillette Stadium. Best CG in MASS, hands down. There's also a rail station in downtown Foxboro that'll easily get you into Boston.

If you enjoy history, the Freedom Trail in Boston is a can't miss adventure and is totally walkable. Duck-Boat tours of the city. Fanueil Hall/Quincy Market. If you're a baseball buff, Fenway Park Tours.

Boston's North End for some of the best Italian food in the country.

Agree with all of this, especially Normandy Farms comment. Stay out of Boston with your RV.
Jaygee

2005 Bounder 35E on F53 chassis

buta4
Explorer
Explorer
Southern ME? View "thekitteryoutlets.com"

Bring cash, credit cards, debit cards and second mortgage proceeds!

Oh, and a cargo trailer.

:W
Ray

f250dieseldad
Explorer
Explorer
Boston/Capecod KOA is a nice campground

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
Normandy Farms CG in Foxboro is 3 miles from Gillette Stadium. Best CG in MASS, hands down. There's also a rail station in downtown Foxboro that'll easily get you into Boston.

If you enjoy history, the Freedom Trail in Boston is a can't miss adventure and is totally walkable. Duck-Boat tours of the city. Fanueil Hall/Quincy Market. If you're a baseball buff, Fenway Park Tours.

Boston's North End for some of the best Italian food in the country.
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

kjyoung24
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry if my second post bothered you. Didn't know if people saw my response to more specifics on the areas we are going to visit.

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
Why a 2nd thread on the same?

1st Thread
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA