cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The Population is dwindling

JW_of_Opechee_S
Explorer
Explorer
How is it at your place? Here every morning we wake up someone is leaving for home and looks like it will be pretty empty by the end of the month. We Leave on the 27th for Stone Mountain and take our time getting back to a still cold New England. Time down here just goes too fast, may be time to start thinking of full time:):)
Have Fiver will travel with little or no notice at all. I do need to stop at rest areas now and then:)
20 REPLIES 20

Retired_andLove
Explorer
Explorer
Talked to my Iowa neighbor yesterday. He said I still have three feet of snow in my front yard and it hasn't been melting very fast. I planned on leaving the valley March 28. I don't think it is going to happen now. I don't have to be home until April 16 for a Dr. appointment. I'm sure I'll stay another week.
Randy & Dianne
2013 Tiffin Allegro

summerhouse
Explorer
Explorer
Don't be in any hurry to come home to mid-Michigan! We live smack dab in the center of the state (well, just left of center of the mitt...) and we literally have 2+ feet of snow on the level in our yard. The pikes along the driveway...about 3-4 ft tall. It has gone down 1/3 the past week or so from wind and some sun (very little sun) ...mostly just evaporating.
Believe me.....take your time!!.
โ€œLight hearted I take to the open roadโ€ฆ Healthy, free, the world before meโ€ฆ The long brown path before me leading me wherever I choose.โ€ - Walt Whitman

sher9570
Explorer
Explorer
Our park is still full, most are from Michigan, Ohio, New York and New England.
No one seems to be in a hurry to leave, even some that are due to leave April 1st are asking to extend.
Those up north say the snow pack is deep and will be a very slow melt this year.
We are due to leave May 1st but we're only going up to St. George Island. Then we're going over to Savannah, it will be a very slow trek north this year.

Sher
Doug & Sher
2006 HR Presidential 34'
2001 Ford Excursion 7.3

Lucy-"Red Fox" Lab...8/7-'07
Bubba,rescue Pom...4/1-2010
Csepki, rescue Poodle...9/15-2001

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
The diehard Snowbirds in Florida will stay until April 30 and then they are outta dodge as fast as they can.

Florida flips a switch on May 1. And you can set your watch by it. It truly is a phenomenon!

Temps go from comfortable 80's to unbearable not fit for human life 90's and soo humid you can't breath!

As it was my experience the first time I stayed here past May 1st into the summer.:C

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
We plan on pulling out 4/3 from south FL don't have to be up north till 5/1. We'll enjoy a blooming spring as we mosey along.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
But if the snow birds take their time going back north soon it will be warm there, I say in about 2 weeks it will be in the 50's to 60's up north, just you wait and see..

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
doxiemom11 wrote:
Same here. I don't understand it. It has been a cold winter( MS gulf shore) even here in the south and everyone that snowbirds is in a big yank to get back home. Why they don't relax and enjoy a little sunshine and let it get to spring up north, we don't understand. We are here until the end of April and then head north for a summer volunteer position.

Its called the INS kickin us in the keester to get out. ๐Ÿ™‚
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

pennysmom09
Explorer
Explorer
We have been here in central Florida since December. We are loathe to go back home to Delaware next week, but have unexpected business to take care of. A lot of folks from Ontario departed this past week, but they were all going reluctantly and for different reasons. We are all looking forward to coming back next winter and staying longer, and we most definitely will!
Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW

ChooChooMan74
Explorer
Explorer
It is still cold up here neighbor. Stay south!!!!
Great American Anti-Towing Conspiracy
2015 Ram Truck 1500 Ecodiesel Tuned By Green Diesel
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Stop on by and read my Camping Blogs
Nights Camped in 2015 - 19 and Winterized

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hope they're not heading to Michigan - winter is NOT over in these parts. My thermometer said ZERO this AM for the umpteenth time this year.....
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Kind of funny, all the snowbirds leave the North to go South for the winter and then go back North in the Spring.

All of non-snowbirds leave the North to go South for the Summer and then go back north for the Winter!

I've seen a few returning home to Indiana .... I can't figure out why they are, it's still freekin cold here! But at least the snow is gone!

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
We had a few leave but most seem to think the end of March will be the mass exodus. I'll be included in that bunch.
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
About 95% still here in our park near Mission Texas. There is a huge snow storm hitting MN tonight.
pawatt

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Only one has left our park in Mesa.