cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tombstone Arizona

Iluvrvcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Will be stoping in Tombstone around the 1st week of Jan. for a few days. Any recommendations for Rv Parks? Full hook ups.
19 REPLIES 19

sp8gold
Explorer
Explorer
Tombstone Territories hands down

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
Tombstone takes about 1/2 day and plenty of money.
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
Always wanted to see Tombstone. Giving it some serious thought for the summer.

Dyngbld
Explorer
Explorer
I grew up in Huachuca City, I would stay in Benson and do a day trips to Tombstone, and the caverns. Don't be surprised if it is cold, we often had a fire in the stove to keep the house warm in January, and February. A light jacket was all that we needed by afternoon, but the nights got cold, and a couple of days here and there it not get above 50 all day. I think the altitude is near 4000ft we did get snow from time to time.

You will drive by the house I grew up in and if you know where to look you can see the house from 90 before you turn to go to Tombstone. I hope to take a trip out that way in a couple of years.
http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=e7bd775c-4d1e-46d4-850d-e014153937be

Pop-Pop_C
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to rethink. Will be cold!!!!!!!!
We have been there the first of Nov. and was below freezing,
Tombstone territory park was great , spacious, clean. Great view.

DannyA
Explorer
Explorer
I can't help with the places to stay but would say don't let others deter you from going to Tombstone.
I love Tombstone, now my wife is another story.
But I love the west, the history, the atmosphere.
I could just sit on the street and soak up the feeling of being there.
Lots to see in the area as well.
I have had the pleasure of being there 3 times and would love to go back again.
2013 Sabre 290 REDS 5th wheel
2011 F250 Ford diesel

Mark Twain wrote: "Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do...

ss573
Explorer
Explorer
TyroneandGladys wrote:
Stayed at Wells Fargo RV Park clean and neat space tight have pull thrus and full hookups. Loved the convenience of being just a couple of blocks from everything. Would stay there again.

I second that. My wife and I stayed at Wells Fargo several years ago and it was nice a quiet. Very close to the activities. Whever you stay, you will enjoy yourself walking through history!!
2015 Thor Pilazzo 33.2
2017 Jeep Cherokee Toad

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Plan to 'do' Tombstone on the weekend when it's a little more 'festive'. Tombstone only requires 1/2 day. It's nothing but shops and a few restaurants.

Kartchner Caverns has a wonderful state park campground with modern, large electric sites in a very scenic setting. It's a 30-minute drive to Tombstone. The Rotunda Throne Room is a great cave tour. There are many RV parks in Benson, also, and it would be a lot warmer in January in Benson than in Tombstone. Tombstone is worth seeing - once.

Also plan to visit Bisbee and Chirichuha Nat'l Park, Amerind Foundation Museum, Cochise Stronghold, Patagonia Lake State Park, the many surrounding canyons for hiking and viewing birds, and the Sandhill Crane Festival in Willcox in January.Sierra Vista is a modern mid-size town with all the stores needed. Fort Huachuca is there and has a nice tour. Have a good trip! It's a neat area especially if you like hiking or four-wheeling. If you do geocaching there are hundreds of them in the area that will take you to great places you'd never think of going.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for Tombstone Territories RV park. Out by itself in the open desert with great views. Central to numerous sites to see close by. Be sure to visit the ghost town of Fairbanks just west of the RV park. They've done a great job at restoring the old one room school house. The old rail track and depot platform are still there which became somewhat known as the 'other' gunfight that Wyatt Earp took part in following the OK Corral gunfight. There is a scene showing this fight without mentioning its name in the movie Tombstone.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
Last January we stayed at Tombstone Territories as we felt it was more central for where/what we wanted to visit. Bisbee and Tombstone to the East, Ft. Huachuca, Katchner Caverns, Sierra Vista to the West so Tombstone Territories worked good for a base to visit various places with so much history.

Tombstone Territories RV Resort was exceptional and a good choice for us.

The views, as you can see in some of the photos, are awesome. We were in a pull-thru site with nothing behind us but breathtaking views of the awe-inspiring mountain vistas and desert landscape. Actually there are mountain views in all directions. At 4,000' feet the temps have were in the mid to upper 70's during the day and 30's at night. With no city lights around the night sky was lit up with stars and a half moon when we were there.

Many activities right there on the grounds including indoor swimming (with aerobics if you want), a craft day and much more. Friday nights they had a jam session in the clubhouse which has a great turnout and was fun. Saturday mornings went to breakfast at the clubhouse where they had pancakes and waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, excellent bacon, biscuits and gravy, toast, coffee, fruit and assorted juices.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

c_traveler2
Nomad
Nomad
It's been a few years since we been in Tombstone.

Stampede RV Park

It's a short walk to the main part of Tombstone, also drive out to Ghost Town Road, it will take you by several old town ruins and to Cochise Hide Out.
2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/ 2020 Bunduvry

Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel (sold)
2020 Bunduvry by BundutecUSA

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports 3.0
travelingman21000 YouTube Videos
Alex and Julie's Travels Blog

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed at Wells Fargo RV Park clean and neat space tight have pull thrus and full hookups. Loved the convenience of being just a couple of blocks from everything. Would stay there again.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
Butterfield in Benson for that area. I guess people want to go to Tombstone but so many other things in the area far better way to spend your time and save money.

Did you know the Gunfight at the OK Corral was not really at the corral? At a lot down the street.
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

Selkie
Explorer
Explorer
Loved Tombstone Territories RV park and highly recommend it. Made short day trips to museum at Ft. Huachuca, Ramsey Canyon, Tombstone, Kartchner Caverns, and the San Pecos river.