DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Adding window to front of slide-out

My Jayco 26DS has a pretty deep slide with a u-dinette. It has a nice window on the main part. I was thinking about adding a window to the front only that could be opened to help with ventilation from the front when parked. This would be inside th...

Interior trim? What to use?

I have redone the interior of my RV. Now I have to figure out some way to hide the seams... Particularly between the wall and the ceiling. Wooden quarter round will not work as the ceiling is NOT straight. I need something flexible and preferably sti...

tommymsw by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

New Curtains

I need to sew some new curtains. Sewing is easy for me so that isn't the issue. Part of having the beautiful woman in my life "Cat" is dealing with her cats. We have 3 of them in here with us. So far, it's going good. They like the window accessabili...

Styrofoam on Floor

We have removed the carpet from our motor home and will be installing sheet vinyl in its place.I was thinking this morning, not a good thing for me, that maybe I should put a 1/4 inch Styrofoam on the floor before installing the sheet vinyl. I would...

nbking by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

seat cushions

Can anyone recommend a place in the seattle area that makes rv seat cushions? I'm building a new couch and don't have a sewing machine to make them. 2 places I got quotes are talking $500 each and I need either 2 or 3 depending on if I want a split b...

photobug by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Air horn compressor tank mod

Hi all. Just joined the form. Looks like a nice place to get ideas and trade information. Anyway, I need some feedback about using the compressor tank for the air horns. I have Hadly air horns and I realized that I have this air tank and compressor t...

Camprat by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

My new fishing rod holder

I just returned from 6 weeks in the Keys so had a chance to test out my new rod holder. As you will notice it is very similar to the sewer hose mods that many people do. The biggest differences are that mine is made out of 4" lightweight sewer drain ...

Good Metal adhesive ?

HelloIm trying to find buy adhesive glue for aluminum to aluminum and steel such as those used in auto industry..Problem is all places I contacted do not sell to private individuals only busineses..Any suggestions?Thanks

replacing roof and decking

replacing my trailer epdm roof and decking. I am wondering if 3/8 ext. LUAN would be sufficient or do I need to look at other plywood. do not want to go back with OSB.

melco_ by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Beverage trailer conversion

Has anyone ever seen, tried, or heard of converting a beverage trailer into an RV? I can see lots of advantages; low floor, good weight capacity, high ceiling. Biggest challenge: roll up walls. But there's got to be some major disadvantage since I ca...

n5berm by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Painting RV inside...

I want to paint the inside of my RV. I'm sick of the neutral colors that are brown, brown and more brown.I've done the research, and was just told not to do it because it will turn out awful (dealership guys I work with). And god forbid the resale va...