DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

DC Wiring question

Looking to install a DC Digital Voltmeter/Dual USB 2 Port/DC12V Power Socket Three Hole Panel.Can anyone answer if these should be wired in series or parallel?Moderator edit to re-size pictures to forum recommended limit of 640px maximum width.

Electric over hydraulic actuator

Looking for anyone who has installed an electric over hydraulic actuator... I am finishing up my disc brake conversion but have a question about the actuator wiring..I have a Hydrastar actuator with 4 wires ---yellow wire goes to cold side of breakaw...

under belly re-install

happy saturday --I am removing the underbelly of my 5er to do some work. All of the bolts holding it up are completely rusted and any effort to take them off results in snapping the heads....obviously not a problem for removing the cardboard junk, b...

sealing old eterna bond.

I was on my roof the other day and noticed the eterna bond tape that I put on about 10 years ago has started to come apart.The white outer cover on the tape is coming off.Can I just use new tape to cover the bad parts or should I try and take the old...

busyguy by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Electronic ignition for stovetop - insulation?

OEM piezo ignitor has been driving me crazy for long time, and eventually the rotating knob came loose, can't make it click anymore. Lighting the oven has been a nightmare anyway, I would love to see how big fat corporate type from Maytag would kneel...

Almot by Explorer III
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Strongarms

Anybody remember a mod to make your own strong arms for the stabilizer jacks? I thought I saw a report on that here but a search came up empty Thanks,Mike

Torklift Box Installation

I finally wrapped up the installation of the Torklift A7710R battery box on the new trailer. It fits perfectly between the cabin and the lp tanks, and the colors of the box blends perfectly. The box is shipped with self-drilling fasteners and bolts...

tnscoutr by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Decorative hanging lights?

This seems like an easy question, but I've had a hard time finding something I like. Anyone know a good place to find string lights that are good for the canopy? My wife would really like something wine related......bunches of grapes, wine glasses...

acritzer by Explorer II
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

REFRIGERATOR DRAINLINE

When I buy a new rig the drain hose from the Ref. is always routed outside through the ref. vent panel. Every time I take the panel off I have to pull that little ringed tube out then put it back when I close up. The first ting I do is figure out a...

SULTINI by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

How to repair plastic bottom side sheating

Bought a new Salem camper by Forest River, I may need to find an under carriage hot water line. Wonder if the manufacture has an online (it's a 2015) brand new unit)Layout of where my lines run, With that black plastic covering the bottom. If I ...

rickhise by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Shower-to-Closet Mod?

Hi,We are preparing for a long trip this summer with our small travel trailer (a Jayco 184bh). We don't intend to use the shower in the trailer and will be using the tub as a place to store dirty clothes.I'd like to make a mod for hanging clothes in ...

Outside the box ideas for tank covers and tongue storage

Pun intended! A recent thread on another site got me thinking, anyone build a homemade/custom tank cover for their LP's? If so, what material did you decide to use and why? The factory/industry available options just don't impress me much. They're...

a television question

Could I please get some input? We have a 2002 rv with an old, analog television.I just bought a new smart tv, which my husband is going to install in the rv.We have some kind on antennae (batwing?) on the roof which we half-heartedly tried once, did...

Remove bunkbeds to make work space?

I am going to be living full time this summer in my 35' TT and working online from there. There is a work surface at the rear of the trailer but it is very small and I am thinking of removing the two bunkbeds that are on the opposite wall. The upper ...

Removing Decals

Anyone know of an easy way to remove the factory decals from a vinyl? sided travel trailer? I have a 2008 Gulfstream Ameri-Lite 21MBLE and the Ameri-Lite decals are pealing and torn. The body panels are in perfect condition, so I don't want to risk d...

frethel by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes