DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Vessel Sink

We have a glass vessel sink in our 5th wheel bathroom. My wife hates it so I was wondering if I could replace it with a regular sink. We have something resembling corian counter top. So I do not know if I can cut a hole and plop in a new sink....

adding closet shelves

For those of you that added shelves to your bedside closet.....I can only screw into the sides, how difficult Will this be without going through the wall???

tcrave88 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Astroturf on step bar: keeps the truck a little cleaner

I'm sort of embarrassed to post this -- it is so simple -- just a strip of astroturf and some heavy duty cable ties:The idea is pretty obvious -- we often travel in muddy/sandy/snowy terrain, and there is no pavement to wipe your feet on, before hopp...

Power inverter installation

Have any of you ever installed an inverter to run your TV and DVD player? Was it difficult?How many watt did you need?Where did you get the 12VDC power source for the input?What tips can you share?

Norcold fridge, add dial control temp (mod)

When I first got my RV, I was so baffled that there is no dial control or temperature control in the fridge. It seems strange to me that they would bother making a fridge without a temperature control.Has anybody tried this thermistor mod to add a di...

kohai by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Ventilation (Alternative to Roof Fan)

Rather than cutting into the roof to install a fan, has anyone removed the back window panels in a cargo van and installed a louvered window device to provide for increased airflow? Ideally, the louvered window would have a baffle system, that can ...

Increased Engine Power?

I have a Gas Workhorse 8.1 with Allison 6 speed and want to increase power. I have added Banks Power exhaust systems on 2 coaches in past and was very pleased in Mts and on short entry ramps. I now see they have a new water-methanol injection syste...

Surge protector

I want to get a surge protector and I am considering one that is installed permenently. How difficult would that be for someone to do? I have no background as an electrician .

rfsod48 by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

Added a fireplace

Still got some cosmetic work needed, but it is in. I was surprised how it heated my entire camper.

FKT4387 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Flooring

Found a soft spot in the "foyer" square right inside the door of my 99 Hybrid TT. What kind of supports am I likely to find under the flooring? I am hoping to cut the section out and replace it with more sturdy material. Also the step assy is under t...

LilJack by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How are my solar panels doing?

First time extended camping with my new panels and I would like to know what others think of their performance. I have two 140 watt panels and a Morningstar sunsaver duo charge controller. Highest amperage has been 12.25 which I think is pretty good....

Vach by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Charging with TV alternator... Mod with pics...

Finally finished my charging cable mod from TV alt/battery direct to camper batterys for dry camping...I did a small charge today and checked voltages only. My clamp on amp meter was not working... I will post back with amps and how long it takes to ...

lawrosa by Explorer
  • 69 replies
  • 0 likes

Solar Panel Pre-Wiring

I have an '06 Corsair (General Coach) 5th Wheel. On one of the interior wall panels there's a sticker that says "Solar Panel Wire Behind Panel". Interested in knowing whether what wiring is actually there and if this would be the spot where the sol...

Question on shower mod

We are picking up our new to us class motorhome next week and we wanted to purchase a in shower shampoo, conditioner, shower gell dispenser. There are lots to choose from but it is hard to tell how big they are and how good they work so... I figured...

suprz by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes