DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Hard mounting a Wilson Sleek Mod

Well I have a Wilson Sleek that I use with a hotspot and I decided since I do not use it for anything else but the trailer to make a permanent mount.What I had:- Wilson Sleek- 4" x 4" metal plate (for ground plane)- flame retardant conduit puttyWhat ...

Microwave replacement

Has anyone replaced their Microwave Oven that hangs above the stove with an electrical convection type?I understand all the parameters about fit and hanging it and I can wire it myself. I'd like to hear from someone who has actually done this switch....

4X4Dodger by Explorer II
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Oxygenics Shower Head; hose question

Just installed an Oxygenics shower head and noticed the supplied hose seems very stiff. Any one else notice this, or swap the hose with something different?

Ron3rd by Explorer II
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Power Jacks - can't turn off, Help!

I bought our first Travel Trailer with Power tongue jack and power stabilizers. The buttons are all on the outside of the trailer. My question is.. how do i turn off the power to them so when it is in my driveway and i am not at home someone can't wa...

seylerg by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Bike Rack receiver wiggle

On my Fifth, we had the factory install a hitch, specifically for a bike rack (I already knew from the forums, bumpers were suspect!). After going through all the brands, found that Swagman was about the only game for trailer rated racks.Leaving in ...

Flapper by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

How's this for better tankless water heater use

We have a 2005 Sprinter CLass B Gulfstream. It comes with a tankless heater but since there is limited voltage (and room) available our heater can only raise water temps about 20degs. Not bad when you're sitting in the desert but most times the tank'...

Tripp Lite PowerVerter RV RV3012OEM

We want to install a good energy system on our fifth wheel that will allow us tobe off the power grid for long periods of time. I am wanting to add about 500W of solar panels to charges 4-6 volts batteries. I like the features of the of Tripp Lite I...

Electrical connection box help needed for weekend trip

When I purchased my trailer the manufacturer had put a household junction box near the battery.2 wires went to the battery and all the other wires where connected together with twist on wire connectors. The dealer added a fuse on the battery power l...

skripo by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Furnace- Suburban NT-30k disassembly

Hi,I have the unit out and would like to troubleshoot it, but I cant figure out how to disassemble it. The outside case is welded at the seams. There is a bulkhead metal wall in the middle of the unit and it seems things are screwed to this?Anyone r...

bed sheets

I was watching a video that the RV Geeks posted on U Tube about how to secure the fitted sheets using men's suspenders. they did not say how they secured the top sheet. How do you guys or gals secure your sheets to the mattress? I see ours fall alm...

old_guy by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding 12 volt outlets

This is pretty straight forward, usual warnings apply. Check clearances, insulate wire areas that may rub, use proper crimp technique, and fuse/breaker correctly.Pulling the wire.Expanding for jumpers.Heat shrink.Connecting up. Make sure all slip ons...

Did the LED replacement lights (round two update)

I changed out all the regular bulbs with 48 LED panels. I bought 7000k LED's and it was bright white. I took them all out and will order the warm white 4000k. When I had the regular bulbs lit up the converter fan would kick on they used so much powe...

Solar charge controller selection help needed

I am looking to put in a solar system that will produce about 30 amps per day. I choose a semi-flexible 135 watt panel made by Sunpower which meets my capacity needs.My only problem is choosing the charge controller. My original choice was a 20 AMP...

skripo by Explorer
  • 65 replies
  • 0 likes

My Mini Toyhauler

First I want to say thanks to tbiker99 for posting his Bike Carrier DIY in Camper. So, I did my DIY mods for carrying my bikes, 4 to be exact!Bikes are installed on lower bunk beds and the kids can still sleep on upper bb's when we just do a stay-ov...

icanon by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes