DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Sound System Advice

I need to replace my amplifier/receiver. Just need good stereo and connect to flat screen TV and DVD player. Also, would like a pair of 'small, inexpensive' speakers that can be easily mounted. With the vibration that occurs in our Class 'C' when ...

donlb by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

My CRT TV to Flat Screen TV Project

Ok, I had a 20 inch CRT TV in the bedroom I am changing over due to a power issue at Lazys Days Campground blew out both my TV's. My old CRV TV in the photo below was very large for a small screen and very heavy. It was held in this large box.The ...

Fisheye Lens

Does anyone know of a fisheye lens that would be shallow enough to fit the door of a camper? Thanks in advance.

Boondocking Ice Chest (Enhanced with Reflectix)

Admittedly, this is not rocket science. But it really works, and it's easy -- just add reflectix to the outside of the ice chest, plus a little weatherstripping, plus a reflectix cover, and the block of ice will stay frozen a lot longer. Here is a ...

12 Volt Receptacle on TT

Good evening, I'm brand-new to this forum and appreciate your patience until I learn the rules. I'd like to install a 12 volt/cigarette lighter-type receptacle on the rear of my TT. From time to time I need a 12 volt work light, etc., at the rear of...

exgman1 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

attaching a shower curtain to the outside shower?

Hi all. I love to use the outside shower but prefer not to have a bathing suit on when I use it, if you catch my drift. How to attach a shower rod to the side of the RV which won't impede driving? I saw the extend-a-rod at Camping World, and it lo...

Making a memory foam mattress

We have a hybrid trailer, and the mattresses in there leave a lot to be desired, not nearly as nice as the ones in our old PUP. My idea is to buy one piece of memory foam, and make a new mattress for one bunk end, and doubling up the stock mattresses...

Toilet moving

Purchased new toilet and need to move it over a few inches to make the side foot flush fit. Any ideas how these are plumbed? Thanks Michael

Pin Box Bike Rack Mount

I've been lurking, on and off, here for many years. I've learned a lot and thought I'd provide some ideas inspiration to others. This was an easy project and only cost about $30 in materials to make. Any decent fabricator could do something similar f...

air tabs

I been hearing people talk about air tabs. I'm wanting to try them but can't find them I tried rvtabs.net but can't connect to the site. can someone point me in the right direction. thanks jerry