cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lift for 5er hitch

Nicholsfamily05
Explorer
Explorer
Now that we are finally all moved into the new house and the garage actually holds our truck decided it was time to start messing around with stuff.

We don't generally use our truck for anything but towing the 5th wheel our our ATV trailer sometimes we do. And when we do it requires the use of the bed which means removing my hitch.

I know not a very hard job to do but still a pain in the butt.
I had an extra ATV winch laying around so I built up an area between the floor beams and the extra room above to hold the winch.
It's remotely controlled and lifts it up so I can pull the truck out and lower it onto the rack I built for it and roll it under the staircase for storage.
Runs off the battery I have in the garage for my outside 12 volt lighting and recharged by the solar panel I have outside.
Does the job perfectly and even the wife likes it says she will take my truck whenever now. Haha.
Just have to clean up the wires and run the neatly to the battery and move the garage door opener wire too.

2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Big Horn Crew Cab, SRW. Cummins Turbo Diesel Automatic 68RFE Trans
50 gallon diesel Transfer Flow tank with the Traxx 3 system.
2017 Sierra FLIK 5th Wheel
42' Front Livingroom, 15K
Hydraulic level up system
7 REPLIES 7

towhead
Explorer
Explorer
I have a similar setup that I use to lift the front of my lawn tractor to change the blades.
Dave
2005 GMC Duramax 4x4 crew cab
2005 Cruiser CF28RL

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
Nicholsfamily05 wrote:
Now that we are finally all moved into the new house and the garage actually holds our truck decided it was time to start messing around with stuff.

We don't generally use our truck for anything but towing the 5th wheel our our ATV trailer sometimes we do. And when we do it requires the use of the bed which means removing my hitch.

I know not a very hard job to do but still a pain in the butt.
I had an extra ATV winch laying around so I built up an area between the floor beams and the extra room above to hold the winch.
It's remotely controlled and lifts it up so I can pull the truck out and lower it onto the rack I built for it and roll it under the staircase for storage.
Runs off the battery I have in the garage for my outside 12 volt lighting and recharged by the solar panel I have outside.
Does the job perfectly and even the wife likes it says she will take my truck whenever now. Haha.
Just have to clean up the wires and run the neatly to the battery and move the garage door opener wire too.

I know it looks as though you use the upper part for storage but I think it would be wise the use a pc of angle iron or another 2x6 spanning the top of 2 rafters, laying on top of your plywood, and replace at least one bolt on each end of your winch with a pc of allthread through the new board or angle iron on top just for safety sake.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
I've got a manual hardtop hoist from when I had a roadster I've been wanting to repurpose to lift my Superglide, that was until I saw the Pullrite SuperLite which weights 54#. It's got me rethinking the lift.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

BoonHauler
Explorer
Explorer
That's the main reason I went with a Gooseneck setup for my build.

I want the bed of my truck without the hassle of dealing with the 5th wheel,
U
๐Ÿ™‚
05 RAM 3500 CTD 4x4 Q/C Laramie DRW/NV5600/3.73, B&W Gooseneck, MaxBrake, PacBrake PRXB, Brite Box Fogster, BD steering Box Brace
2014 BoonHauler 3614

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
Nice Idea, but for safety I would put two 2x2's under the 2x10 just in case the 2x10 breaks loose
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

Nicholsfamily05
Explorer
Explorer
Never thought of doing that.

Would have been a good idea when we were at our old house and I didn't have a place to store the hitch when we took it out.

I'll have to keep that one in mind.

Thanks
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Big Horn Crew Cab, SRW. Cummins Turbo Diesel Automatic 68RFE Trans
50 gallon diesel Transfer Flow tank with the Traxx 3 system.
2017 Sierra FLIK 5th Wheel
42' Front Livingroom, 15K
Hydraulic level up system

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Nice re-purposing of that ATV winch. Good for lifting other items also.

I just leave mine hooked to 5vr...unpin it, lift it with 5vr landing gear and drive out from under it.

No having to move it again after removing from truck
No having to find another place to store it
Ready to drop back into truck when needed.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31