Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New back splash

B_Sjulestad
Explorer II
Explorer II

Here is a picture of the back splash I put in my Cedar Creek 36ckts

Moderator edit to re-size picture to forum limit of 640px maximum width.

Bob & Dianne
2016 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4 DRW D/A
2013 Cedar Creek 36ckts
Emmy,Sassy and Flower our 4 legged kids
28 REPLIES 28

Swmpbgy1
Explorer
Explorer
B.Sjulestad wrote:
Swmpbgy1 wrote:
Not to hijack this thread.....but where did you get your cooktop cutting board? Dimensions?

Swampbgy

Cutting board came from CW

Thanks!!!

Swmpbgy

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
B.Sjulestad wrote:
cgmartine wrote:
Are they water proof and heat proof? If they are used in the kitchen, won't they peel off?

Yes, they are water and heat resistant able to be used around sink/stove areas but not under water or in direct contact of the heat source. Google Smart Tiles and you can read more about them and see what designs are available.

Thanks. Doing my homework now.

B_Sjulestad
Explorer II
Explorer II
cgmartine wrote:
Are they water proof and heat proof? If they are used in the kitchen, won't they peel off?

Yes, they are water and heat resistant able to be used around sink/stove areas but not under water or in direct contact of the heat source. Google Smart Tiles and you can read more about them and see what designs are available.
Bob & Dianne
2013 Cedar Creek 36ckts

cgmartine
Explorer
Explorer

B_Sjulestad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kiwi_too wrote:
Great job. What prep work and adhesive is needed?

None, they are peel and stick.
Bob & Dianne
2013 Cedar Creek 36ckts

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
Great job. What prep work and adhesive is needed?

B_Sjulestad
Explorer II
Explorer II

I some !/2 sheets left over and put them in the bathroom.

Moderator edit to re-size picture to forum limit of 640px maximum width.

Bob & Dianne
2013 Cedar Creek 36ckts

fpresto
Explorer
Explorer
I also used Smart Tiles for a backsplash in my rig and it turned out great. I went to the Home Depot web site and ordered online. They have a wide selection and you get them in a couple of days.
USN Retired
2016 Tiffin Allegro 32 SA

B_Sjulestad
Explorer II
Explorer II
wmoses wrote:
Just went to the closest store that had them and picked up 2 boxes ($200 total) of 10 each. Came home and my wife did not kill me. She did gumble something under her breath as I was walking away but was unsuccessful in getting her to repeat it.

This is the colour I got:

Now I need some thin edging (molding) to finish any exposed edges.

I like that color too. DW picked out the one we used ๐Ÿ™‚ but it worked out fine. I didn't put any molding as they are super thin and you don't see any edge.
Bob & Dianne
2013 Cedar Creek 36ckts

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
Just went to the closest store that had them and picked up 2 boxes ($200 total) of 10 each. Came home and my wife did not kill me. She did gumble something under her breath as I was walking away but was unsuccessful in getting her to repeat it.

This is the colour I got:

Now I need some thin edging (molding) to finish any exposed edges.
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

B_Sjulestad
Explorer II
Explorer II
wmoses wrote:
B.Sjulestad wrote:
Home Depot but not all of them carry them.

Ain't that the truth. Went to the one around the corner from my house and it has none. However there are 3 stores within 11 miles that have the colour that I want. Guess I will be getting a box today. Will set me back $100 though. ๐Ÿ˜ž Thinking of doing the area around the stove as well as behind the sink. Since I have a large kitchen a box may not be enough ...

Thanks for the tip.

I used a box + 3 single sheets (you can buy them in singles too)
Bob & Dianne
2013 Cedar Creek 36ckts

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
B.Sjulestad wrote:

Ain't that the truth. Went to the one around the corner from my house and it has none. However there are 3 stores within 11 miles that have the colour that I want. Guess I will be getting a box today. Will set me back $100 though. ๐Ÿ˜ž Thinking of doing the area around the stove as well as behind the sink. Since I have a large kitchen a box may not be enough ...

Thanks for the tip.
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

B_Sjulestad
Explorer II
Explorer II
wmoses wrote:
B.Sjulestad wrote:
wmoses wrote:
Good looking. Did you use Smart Tiles?

Yes they are Smart Tiles they are easy to put up without the weight of regular tiles.

Where did you get them here in Texas?

Bob & Dianne
2013 Cedar Creek 36ckts

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wow that looks great! Always looking for a mod or upgrade to do and could easily talk DW into that one, lol!

For the wood cutting board, you can order custom sizes from here: Country Mouldings I bought a 24x24" maple cutting board to go over our cooktop and will add some maple blocks for it to sit on.