DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Steering stabilizers???

I'm not wanting to beat a dead horse....but do stabilizers lessen driver fatigue caused by the almost constant need for minor steering wheel input? My 2011 E450 31' only has 5000 miles and 6 brand new michelin LTX AT2 tires. It weights out at 4860# o...

jmccen58 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

towel rack for shower

I have a keystone Montana and the shower stall is three sided and one side is very close to the sink and med cabinets. have been racking my brain on what or how to hang towels in the area of the door. we have been just laying a folded towel on the si...

old_guy by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Who's idea was it?

Who came up with the 5 inch fence post and rain gutter hose storage idea? I did search but give me the short cut to who came up with it. Was it Westend?

azrving by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Water Damaged floor replacement

I just bought my first travel trailer, a 2007 Dutchman that I believed was ready to go. Unfortunately I encounter a soft spot near the sliding glass doors that I didnt notice prior to purchasing the trailer. The soft spot was only about 10 inches i...

Rasken53 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

LED project on Sunday

Well I just booked a dry camp outing for the weekend of 9/12. Since its always dark there I have decided to do a LED project. I have ordered some water proof LED flexible strips and a few other things. I plan to put the LED strips under the camper ri...

sdb1103 by Explorer
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

Installing A&E (Dometic) 2100 power awning

We're going to install a 20 ft power awning on our 37 ft Winnebago Adventurer soon. I thought it would be real easy to find a DIY video on YouTube but so far I was only able to find a manual online for a 915... we bought a 916. Installation manual f...

Adding cable TV hookup to older class A

Hello all,if this subject is already on the forums, I missed it;point me in the right direction.I have a 1989 mallard sprinter class a and would like to add cable tv capability to it. I have 2 tv's in the mh, with a rooftop analog antenae hooked to t...

Filling the Fresh Water Like a Boss

All of my travel trailers have had gravity-filled fresh water tanks, and it's always been a struggle to get the water in them. The fill port is on the side of the camper, so the water has to enter sideways while the air is trying to escape the same h...

New roof on my 24 ft. Wildernes

Hello everyone. This is my first post and hope someone can help me. I am actually working backwards here since I have already installed part of my roof but now I am asking the questions....So here goes...I had roof damage so I removed the old, thin...

gaucho10 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Mattress Replacement for 1987 Toyota Odyssey

I just recently bought an RV and the mattress it in is disgusting. I am having trouble finding the right dimensions for a new mattress. The bed is bunk style 54" x 84" with an 8in slant near the front windows. Most of the old Toyota Rv models have ...

Range Hood Fan Fix and Modification

I made a post in a thread about range hood lights and made reference to a fan upgrade to my range hood I had done and a poster there asked for details. I didn't want to hijack that thread so I started this one so others who might have done something...

LarryJM by Explorer II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Our new Kayak racks f150 CC

Well, It finally quit raining today so we decided to try putting the Kayaks on the truck. Thanks for all the input on what to buy from this group. This is what we used:Thule 480 Traverse half pack car and truck rack system ...

Small Roof Leak

This topic has been moved to another forum.You can read it here: 27974889

gwol by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

VIDEO showing install of W/D prep

I've searched EVERYWHERE and I cannot find a video on an actual "rough-in" of washer and dryer prep in an RV. I want to add it myself to my new RV.Please advise if you know of one.Thanks.

KLHNB by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes