DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Installing Window AC in Older Trailer

I have a 1965 Holmescraft 18' trailer I am pretty much rebuilding from the ground up. I want to put in AC and have toyed with a window unit instead of a roof, both for looks and cost. I know window units have side vents and was wondering how the ne...

Jerry9n by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Range venthood light fix

My RV must have the cheapest range vent hood ever. It is a Heng's.The light had never worked and I assumed I just needed a new bulb, but when I checked it I saw it had just burned up on the first use. Can you believe someone would design a hot halo...

fred42 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

managing those 50 Amp cords

so I finally placed my 50 amp super cord into a 5 gallon bucket and love it... BUT the last time out is was a bit on the cooler side at break down time and the cord put up a nice fight when it was tome to go back into the bucket.. I would love to hav...

wire for 30 A

I am going to have a friend, who is an electrician wire me a 30 A receptacle for my TT. From the breaker box to the new recetacle will be @5 feet, then my TT 25' cord.I just found some 10 AWG multi strand in two different colors. Is this going to be...

redecorating unit

This season we have done some things to our '96 Cruise Master. Tune up and new fuel pump. On inside new bedding and new lights - wall sconces in bedroom and living room and table light. Then replaced the wood panel on fridge with shiny black formic...

Need new microwave

My MW recently stopped working. (Over the range) I pulled it out and was going to replace it. The only problem I'm having is the fact that it was mounted to the wall. It was the standard size for home...29 7/8 inches. All of the MW's that I find are ...

where to put volt/amp meter in circuit

looking to install meter near WFCO. Currently, it is wired with RED & White into meter > WFCO and only reads AMPS when plugged into shore. Can someone please look at circuit diagram and tell me which wires to tap into to read volts/amps off 12V bat...

Smart Tile Q- Furring Strip

Started installing my Smart Tiles today and for those of you that have done it, what did you do about the furring strip at the corner?Pics are attached.Geez, and I thought houses were crooked!Thanks!CherylModerator edit to re-size pictures to forum l...

Remodel cargo bed in TH

We have a 20’ Carson Toy Hauler. It has the Queen bed suspended over the cargo area. My husband and I want to use this bed but at our age, and with knee problems, climbing up and down that ladder to get into bed is not happening. We want to redo t...

bhamlyn by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Backsplash tile

So has anyone installed lightweight backsplash tile in the kitchen or arond the sink in the lav? How has it held up?

WDW_BWV by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Live with it or pull new speaker wire.

When upgrading the interior speakers on the Wildwood I found they wired the 2 living room speakers on one channel and the 2 bedroom on the other. You could not run them separate. If I want stereo I have to try and pull new wire through the ceiling an...

Time for a new countertop

Well, seeing as I do countertops for a living, I should be doing our new motorhome lol here's what I'm working with.I guess i should do all of the laminate Table tooSmall top between the chairsSink and stove taken outTime to convert the poly-b to pe...

Whaase by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Yet another LED strip install.

I ordered a 5050 multicolored LED strip through Amazon for a total of around $40 with shipping. LED kit I purchased.The kit seemed of reasonable quality for the price. However, the power supply is clearly not waterproof. So I did like some and made a...