cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Stove back splash

mmp3823
Explorer
Explorer
The DW always thought that the area behind the stove just looked plain and after seeing some of the backsplashes on trailers at the RV shows she wanted to change it. We saw these panels at Lowes. They are called Facade and are a light thermoplastic sheet that weighs next to nothing(see here). Two panels were big enough for the area we were covering. We used double sided tape to put them in place. I think we spent around $30 for everything(DW has the receipts so I don't remember the exact price)

Before

After
17 REPLIES 17

mmp3823
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice. Just gives it a more finished look. Our has been holding up great so far.

larrybluhm
Explorer
Explorer
I just completed doing the deed with the Fasade panels and am very pleased with the result. I used the quilted pattern in brushed nickel to match the other hardware in the rig. Shortly after completing the job I realized that I could use the same stuff to replace the panel in the reefer door. Hmmmm...

2011 Northstar LaredoSC, solar/'04 Dodge 2500, Cummins.

hitchup
Explorer
Explorer
We used the same silver panels on our unit. Last unit, we used bronze because the appliances were black and the faucet and cabinet door handles were bronze.

DH glued them on and with the silver toaster oven in front of them, it all blends in well.
2014 DRV Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3....our custom home
2014 Ford F450 KR CC 4x4......his office
2015 Lance 1172 TC.....mobile Motel FOR SALE
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005

"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss it, you will land among the Stars."

J-mans_Dad
Explorer
Explorer
Lowe's has a 24" x 36" Stainless Steel Backsplash that would probably make a good cover. 36" sheet with one bend to make it wrap from the backwall to the sidewall should do it.

ICamel
Explorer
Explorer
I have 3 sizes of the "airbake" insulated baking/cookie sheets that are used in the oven. When not used for baking they are used as a heat buffer on the side of the cooktop (wall of the fridge is next to the oven). My apologies for hijacking this thread.
moreya888 wrote:
.......anyone have any ideas as to a multipurpose board to use to protect this area when back burner must be used.(Asbestos seems to be hard to come by!
ICamel

2017 Arctic Fox 992
2005 Ford F350 Lariat SuperDuty CrewCab 4x4 + 6 Speed Manual + 19.5" Tires + LoadLifter 5000 Rear Air Bags
2005 16' River Wild Drift Boat
Honda EU2000i
Trophytrout FlyFisherman

daveor
Explorer
Explorer
aclay wrote:
Looks great. There is another pic around of someone who did that wish some faux glass tile. Love these ideas.
That might be me,, here is the link
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/27144884.cfm

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Thats a good idea....when I used granite tile on the counters...I just continued on with the same thing on the backsplash.
cpaulsen

Parrothead_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Great idea! It's like RV manufacturers have no idea that cooking on a stove can be messy with splatters, etc. I'm tempted to do something like that. Thanks.
2018 Chevy 2500HD Duramax - 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
16K Huskey EZ Roller Hitch - EU2000i Honda Generator

Tango__AE7UI
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to do that on our fifth except............ the mfg put all the required safety stickers there.
Not the best location in my opinion.
2007 Tango 2660RKS Fifth Wheel, 2006 Chevy D/A 3500 with service body,

moreya888
Explorer
Explorer
I installed the thermoplastic tiles in my 2007 Winnebago Outlook, last year. Learned the hard way that they can only take 140 degrees of heat
you must either not use the back burner or use a non flamable sheet of material to protect the thermoplastic. P.S. it did not ignite but warped badly and had to be replaced. I used gorilla glue as an adhesive jury is still out on that aspect. anyone have any ideas as to a multipurpose board to use to protect this area when back burner must
be used. (Asbestos seems to be hard to come by!

HeyJude
Explorer
Explorer
Love that! I don't like that there may be splatters from my cooking on the walls.
2 DD both grown.
2 GC-loves of my life!
Campground lot in Harrison MI.
looking for good used 5th wheel.

aclay
Explorer
Explorer
Looks great. There is another pic around of someone who did that wish some faux glass tile. Love these ideas.
2012 Chevrolet 3500 Duramax CC SRW 4x4, 2013 Sprinter 311BHS, DW, 3 boys, & 2 dogs...
Campingourway Blog

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
Nice job. How about a pic of that spice rack.

Grammie
Explorer
Explorer
My son installed the same panels in my kitchen and trimmed it out with some beautiful trim he had left from the entertainment center he built us in the tt.
Mine is the bronze look. I really like it and a soft dishcloth cleans it nicely.
Great job !!!
Dream Catcher