cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Upgrade to LED bulbs

4aSong
Explorer
Explorer
Planning on replacing the 1141 incandescent bulbs in our RV to warm white LED's. Looking at a source for reasonable price and quality.

Don't know if purchasing them from E-bay is a good idea as almost all the LED bulbs listed are from China and quality may be a concern.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
M & N

Tundra TRD V8 4x4 w/Leer Shell
EU2000i * Prodigy * McKesh * Trek * Renogy * ENU
18 REPLIES 18

schlep1967
Nomad
Nomad
I'll give another + to superbrightLEDs. Ordered on Wednesday, they hit my mailbox on Saturday.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

folivier
Explorer
Explorer
There are a few ebay sellers that are in the USA. It makes any problems or returns much easier.
I recently bought 70 pieces of G4 leds to replace all of the halogens. I had to return these since the prongs were too short. No problem returning them.

4aSong
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to everyone for your inputs.

Just ordered four warm white (360 lumens - 3000~3500k - 3 chip 5050 SMD:27 - 1156 BA15S) and will give them a try, Will order additional once we see how these work out.
M & N

Tundra TRD V8 4x4 w/Leer Shell
EU2000i * Prodigy * McKesh * Trek * Renogy * ENU

Unyalli
Explorer
Explorer
Comparison

Superbright 194 19 SMD wedge $19.95
260 lumen
160ma

M4 5050 24 SMD Wedge $9.99
360 lumen
170ma

I ordered 14 so bulk price $8.99
2016 Cougar 26RBI
2015 Ford F150 CC 3.5L Ecoboost Max Tow

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
I buy all my LEDs from SuperBrightLEDs. Most/all of their lights are also from China but they have a 2 year guarantee that works. I had a lead break off one of my lamps when I moved it to a different fixture, I contact them and had a RMA in about an hour. Mailed the lamp back on a Saturday and had a replacement at no charge the following Thursday. If you compare the same style and what appears to be the same output their prices are not that much different than eBay. Being an engineer I like that they have full specs on what they sell, current draw light output, color temperature, etc. Also has a huge selection all in one place. The bonus is they ship cheap and fast.

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
downtheroad wrote:
jason4598 wrote:
I bought cheap bulbs from China on eBay and have been happy with the purchase.

Me 2

Me 3... Just make sure you check the number and percentage of positive feedbacks. Love mine.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced my 921 bulbs with the same 36-1210 panels tenbear used. I did order different samples (warm white, bright white, cool white) but went with the warm whites.
I did a bit of preemptive maintenance when I installed them - I ty-wrapped the panels to the fixtures along with using the double-backed tape.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
I have replaced all my 1141 bulbs with LEDs. I bought all of them on eBay. Be aware that there are big differences between sellers. Buy a couple to try them out before buying a lot.

These are the panels I bought and I am very happy with them. Clicky

They are also available in larger lots from the same seller.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

sjturbo
Explorer
Explorer
I have ordered from various ebay China vendors. Normally I will not order from any one (China or otherwise), unless they have a 99% or above rating. Have not been let down yet. Be aware that it is likely that any LED's you buy were made in China.

Unyalli
Explorer
Explorer
I had the economy 3128's in my last TT and liked them but they were a bit dim. I have the 5050's now and very happy. Check out the difference in lumens.

M4Products
2016 Cougar 26RBI
2015 Ford F150 CC 3.5L Ecoboost Max Tow

Flyfisherman128
Explorer
Explorer
I just finished replacing several 921 bulbs with these: EWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649"> 10 LED panels

I received the order in 9 days and free shipping.

Really good product..Plan ahead and the delivery is not a factor. Just remember when replacing all of your lights to led, you can and should reduce your fuse. I went from 15 amp to 5 amp fuse for my lighting. The wiring that comes on these leds is like 22ga. Just a precaution.

Poppy___Nana
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased led bulbs from hero-ledstore.com back on 9/3 and I'm still waiting, I have contacted them and they said they are in the mail but tracking (USPS) indicates otherwise! Next time I'll just go to back to super bright leds....pay a bit more but at least I get them!
Leo & Kathy
Upstate, NY
in the Adirondacks

2013 Rubicon 2900 Toy Hauler
2008 - Ford F250 Super Crew 4x4

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
I just finished replacing several 921 bulbs with these: 10 LED panels

I received the order in 9 days and free shipping.
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

dan-nickie
Explorer
Explorer
4aSong wrote:
Planning on replacing the 1141 incandescent bulbs in our RV to warm white LED's. Looking at a source for reasonable price and quality.

Don't know if purchasing them from E-bay is a good idea as almost all the LED bulbs listed are from China and quality may be a concern.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Buy some very, very expensive ones at some place else.
Dan and Nickie
2014 Forest River Berkshire 390RB