Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

New used truck

Today we test drove a 2017 Ford F350 6.7, CC,LB, DRW 4X4 KING RANCH. We currently have a 2004 F350 V10 CC LB 4X4 SRW XLT. With 13 years of technology advancements between these two trucks, I was expecting the 2017 to ride smoother, more quiet and wit...

Ceramic - VS - Semi Metallic

This has been debated many times on this, and other forums. With many upgrading their fivers to discs, it may be a good read if your unsure of the differences. Is the article correct, ?? who knows, you decide :BI already know which way I go, enjoy yo...

PA non-commercial Class A license?

Lost in the bureaucratic maze of the Pennsylvania DMV. No one I speak to there seems to know how to obtain a NON-commercial Class A. All they know is CDL. This is all I can find on their website:http://www.dmv.pa.gov/Driver-Services/Driver-Informatio...

ToddD by Explorer
  • 46 replies
  • 0 likes

Any Night Stands?

Just thinking ahead to when we might stop driving and park a 5th wheel in Big Bear. A king bed with 2 nights stands is a top priority. Are there any fiver models with these? We need one cpap machine and she wants a real nightstand for a clock, book, ...

New truck. Old camper

I have a 2005 outback and just bought a 2019 Chevy 2500. Once I hooked up to the camper I only have about 3” of clearance between the camper and 5er. I am using a b&w companion and can raise the hitch one more notch, and can lower the kingpin one ho...

FF286 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Light Fifth Wheel Series M-297RLS

I have found a 2013 Open Range Light Fifth Wheel Series M-297RLS for sale and am wondering what your thoughts are on the unit? From what I gather it has Schwintek slides in it. Not too sure how they work but I have heard some areas they have had issu...

Fifth wheel suspension maintenance

I have a 2004 Coachmen Chaparral 277DS fifth wheel with the standard cast iron Dexter equalizers and spring suspension. I've read articles where people have experienced catrostophic damage from broken shackles, broken spring bolts, and worn through e...

Carriage 5 th who roof reseal

I am going to reseal the original roof of my 2001 rig, no soft spots,holes, tears etc. just stains. I have kept up wi th h the self leveling sealer for the joints so no leaks as of today. Even though we now full time in our Redwoid, we use the ...

Question about removing black tank

Hello All, With my fifth wheel now permanently setup in the mountains of western NC I'm starting to consider removing the black tank and putting in a flush toilet. Has anyone done this that can advise me on what's involved? Is it a huge job? If I wer...

Has anyone heard of "Cabin A' TH by Columbia Northwest?

Morning folks. I hope you're all doing well and staying warm..I found a toyhauler for sale Ive never heard of. It's a Aliner 24SUT, but it says "Cabin A' on the outside..Has anyone heard of or seen a Aliner Cabin A 24SUT? It looks like a company c...

rerod by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

New 5th Wheel Manufacturer

Looks like a new manufactuer of 5th wheels will be starting up in January. Alliance RV is completing a new factory and says they will be producing luxury fifth wheels. Most of the upper management seems to be coming from Heartland and then manufactur...

Solar panels and battery cut off

I have a new 5er. It came with solar charger - Go Power brand. I’ve only had it a couple of weeks and haven’t had a chance to do much with ie because of the holidays and weather. My question has to do with the batteries and the solar chargers. When ...