Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Low cargo carrying capacity rant

Went to our local RV show last night in Grand Rapids and one that caught my eye was a new floor plan from Grand Design - 390 RK Solitude. This is one of those with the huge basement under the raised rear of the trailer with a large roll out tray tha...

Larger 5th wheels in/on state and federal parks

We're kind of settling in on Cedar Creek 38EFK or it's Riverstone twin. We both love to cook and these units really fit for that.I keep hearing things like, anything larger than 25' won't fit in most parks, tough to tow, etc etc etc.We're going to s...

philh by Explorer II
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Keystone Montana for fulltiming??

Any thoughts or experiences with the Keystone Montana, specifically the 3854BR? My husband and I are looking to full time soon. Our price range is $50-$60k and we think we want to buy new. Also, anyone know much about their manufacturers warranty?

keh3491 by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

How much 5th Wheel can I tow with my truck

Currently I have a Forest River Hemisphere GLX that weighs in the neighborhood of 8500LB dry and about 9500LB loaded. I do not travel with water other than a couple of gallons in the black tank to slosh around. It tows fine and my truck handles it wi...

RobWNY by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Newbie To Full Tine

Fell in love with idea of full timing last year. Started researching, knew it had to be a toyhauler for my bike. Rented a small one (19 ft) for a long weekend just to see how I liked and loved it. Wanted to rent more, bigger ones but not much offere...

Duo Therm 65900-001 sparking but not lighting?

Hi, I have an older trailer with a Duo Therm 65900-001 furnace, it's getting propane fine, and 120v, when I connect the thermostat wires the fan comes on, and it sparks, I hear the solenoids in the propane valve click on, and I see it sparking in the...

Grand Design Reflection 150 Series

I am trying to avoid calling a dealer to ask this question as I don't want to get sucked into a conversation Does anybody know if the Grand Design Reflection 150 Series comes with built-in generator prep? Their website doesn't mention it.

JAC1982 by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Low Water Pressure

Water pressure at kitchen sink, bathroom sink and shower seems lower than it should be in my 2006 Escalade 36 CK. Pressure and volume to unit is good. Replaced the pressure regulator and exterior filter but didn't seem to help pressure inside unit....

Ice on roof

We are preparing to head south from Minnesota in the next few days. The roof of our 5er has ice and snow on it. The snow will obviously blow off quickly, but we're concerned about the ice. Lately we have had rain, sleet and snow almost at the same ti...

Washer/Dryer worth it?

My husband and I will be purchasing our first 5th wheel soon and going full time. I hear the washer in dryers are pretty small and some people say that’s just an extra thing to keep up with and that could go wrong. It’s just the two of us and our pet...

keh3491 by Explorer
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

New to is mysteries

Our new to us 2014 Forest River Blue Ridge 3025RL has 2 mysteries I need some help on. There were no manuals in the unit when we bought it last week.This unit has a fresh, gray, and black tank. There is a door on the roadside behind the propane door ...

bucky by Explorer II
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

"Lite" 5th wheels

I seem to be seeing a lot of 5th wheels that are designated as "LITE." What exactly is the difference? Any reason to avoid the so called Lite trailers? The guy next to us has a Rockwood Lite 5th wheel that is 5 feet longer than mine but is about...

salem by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes