cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Crossroads Rushmore Washington Series 5th Wheel

varvn4fun
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are looking at purchasing a 2014 Crossroads Rushmore Washington series 5th wheel from a local dealer. The unit looks to be a nice unit. We currently have a Keystone Cougar 5th wheel which we have had great luck with. Does anyone have any comments good or bad on the Crossroads units. Many thanks in advance.
22 REPLIES 22

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
B.O. Plenty wrote:
A few lines down from your post is a series of posts from a party that has been stranded with their Rushmore waiting for repairs. I don't think you could give me a Rushmore even if it was 1/2 price based on the luck they've had with theirs..

B.O.

THIS^^^^
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

Atom_Ant
Explorer
Explorer
mwebber78 wrote:
I was lucky to own a Crossroads back when they had a standard 2+5 year warranty and fantastic customer service. Based on current owners feedback and multiple posts I'd steer clear of anything Crossroads. Yes, companies can make a lemon or two but it seems to be in bushels with this Company. Jmho and my research - you'll notice I didn't replace my unit with a CR.
Love my Crossroads - and it still has the 2 + 5 Warranty and fantastic Customer Service.

You may be stereotyping a bit. Crossroads is a fairly big company.
2008 Ford F350 2014 Redwood 36RL - Our Rig
Onan 5500, Splendide Ariston W/D, 8K axles, disk brakes, G614s, tri-glide pin box,
6-pt leveling, dual heat pump, dual awnings, Trav'ler SK-1000 Dish

mwebber78
Explorer
Explorer
I was lucky to own a Crossroads back when they had a standard 2+5 year warranty and fantastic customer service. Based on current owners feedback and multiple posts I'd steer clear of anything Crossroads. Yes, companies can make a lemon or two but it seems to be in bushels with this Company. Jmho and my research - you'll notice I didn't replace my unit with a CR.
2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
Disclaimer for the daft: Don't confuse my opinion with facts.

rmalik1
Explorer
Explorer
varvn4fun wrote:
My wife and I are looking at purchasing a 2014 Crossroads Rushmore Washington series 5th wheel from a local dealer. The unit looks to be a nice unit. We currently have a Keystone Cougar 5th wheel which we have had great luck with. Does anyone have any comments good or bad on the Crossroads units. Many thanks in advance.

A salesman that was selling the brand told me to stay away from the Rushmore series as he had seen numerous problems as they arrived from the manufacture!
2012 Cedar Creek 36RE w/ Level Up
B&W Turnover w/ 18k Companion Hitch
08 Ford 350 Lariat DW PSD Crew Cab Long Bed 4:30

Vulcaneer
Explorer
Explorer
See this link. Click here
'12 F350 SB, CC, SRW, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 RAR, 6 spd auto
2015 DRV 38RSS 'Traditions'
Pullrite Super Glide 18K

Retirement = It's all poops and giggles....UNTIL someone Giggles and Poops.

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
A few lines down from your post is a series of posts from a party that has been stranded with their Rushmore waiting for repairs. I don't think you could give me a Rushmore even if it was 1/2 price based on the luck they've had with theirs..

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Hunter11
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would suggest you go to the Crossroads forum and do some reading on the Rushmore line. There have been a lot of problems reported on them by owners and it does not seem to be getting any better. They also use to have a two year warranty until Crossroads cut that in half last year.

http://forums.crossroadsrv.com/forum/default.asp
2017 Chevrolet 3500 4DR LTZ DRW LWB 4X4 D/A
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4DR
2016 DRV Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

fairhaven
Explorer
Explorer
The Rushmore Washington was one of fifth wheels we had on our very short list of coaches. The other unit we were considering was the Columbus 365RL. Both floor plans are very similar. We were impressed with both. We ended up buying the Columbus 365RL because my wife liked the kitchen a little better. It was a hard choice. I was impressed with the Rushmore Washington but was overruled by "the boss".
2014 Palomino Columbus 365RL,2014 Ram 3500 Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box, Aisin Transmission
Myself(Bob) Retired (25 Years USAF)
Tami(Wife/Retired 25 Years USAF)
Ashley-13(Daughter)
Nick-10(Our rotty)