cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

dual pane windows

johndeerefarmer
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you have dual pane windows have you had issues with moisture getting between them?

If you had single pane in your previous RV and dual pane now are they worth it?

Thanks
2020 Ford 350 6.7 PSD & 2017 F150 3.5 EB max tow
GD Reflection 29rs
46 REPLIES 46

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
bertschb wrote:
.. if they were free, I suspect just about everybody would check the box when ordering.
Lotta truth right there.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

bertschb
Explorer
Explorer
I think this topic is like auto leveling systems. Those that have them would never be without. Those that don't have them say they don't need/want them. But, if they were free, I suspect just about everybody would check the box when ordering.

johndeerefarmer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks for the responses
2020 Ford 350 6.7 PSD & 2017 F150 3.5 EB max tow
GD Reflection 29rs

jrs1871
Explorer
Explorer
Two previous fifth wheels did not have dual pane windows, current one has them. We had a lot of problem with condensation previously. Now that is not an issue and the noise reduction is quite noticeable. We have had this trailer for three years and so far, no problems with the windows developing a leaking seal. Personally, we would not be without them and they are well worth the additional cost.
To help even more, I made insulated curtains for the windows. We don't use the trailer that much in cold weather, but the curtains definitely help when the temps hover around 100.

edbehnke
Explorer
Explorer
i was going to get them but decided they are a waste of money. really no insulation factor to speak of and never really have had issues with really loud noises. but, just my opinion here.
eddie and sandie
3402 Montana 2013
Ford F350 2015

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
Had dual pane windows on last 5er...now we do not...honestly, cannot tell a difference in heating/cooling...dual pane did reduce noise..
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach
This particular one was the prototype.

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
I have dual pane windows and had several that developed moisture between the panes. I had all of them repaired in Hudson, FL 11 months ago. Since I had several to do and 500 miles to travel to get to the repair location I just had all of them done. The repair company warranty is much better than a new window warranty and a the cost is much less as well.

No one above has mentioned the reduction and in my case elimination of window condensation with dual pane windows. I full time and condensation has never happened to me.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

Had many without ... My last 2 has- had them... They are now on our must have list ...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

dapperdan
Explorer
Explorer
Two fifth wheels without dual panes, the one we have now has them. I believe they're worth it for what others here have said, insulation factor and noise level.

Dan

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
I've had dual pane windows since 1987. No fogging.

They make a big difference when it is truly cold and they do lower the noise level as well.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't had moisture problems, but some with our brand have. They get replaced under warranty through LCI.

First time we have had dual pane, and they really quiet things down. Not sure how much they really contribute to thermal insulation given the 5th wheel itself is poor at best.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

VoodooMedicineM
Explorer
Explorer
1. No

2. Yes
Bill and Joey the dog

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
When I was full timing I purchased custom made storm windows that fit very snug. Made a tremendous dfference. I would say forfull timing it is a good investment. Aside from greatly reducing drafts it lowered noise from outside.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

Rocky2
Explorer
Explorer
My 2006 Southwind came with dual pane. Over the years, they fogged up so badly I had to replace them. I chose to replace rather than repair so I had 1/4 inch safety glass installed. Not cheap but I will never worry about fogging up again.

retispcsi
Explorer
Explorer
My previous fiver a Cedar Creek had single pane windows. My Mobile Suites has insulated windows which would be what you call double pane. Anyway I had had the unit for 13 months with no issues. They do help with heat/cool and the unit is very quiet. The windows are a plus and yes my next unit will have them. We live in our fiver as we are full timers.
2015 Mobile Suites 38 RSSA. 2014 Ram CC DRW 4x4 60 gal RDS Aisin 4:10.
DW, Shadow, Remington and Ron. Living the good life till the next one arrives.