cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

forest river quality

Explorer
Explorer
ready to buy a cedar creek fifth wheel,but after ready so many neg comments about forest river quality and factory support I am not sure now.....Does anybody have any positive or neg experiences with forest river products especially cedar creek. looking to buy the 38rd.... THANKS
45 REPLIES 45

Oaklevel
Explorer
Explorer
We have owned two Forest River / Palomino Puma's that have been nearly trouble free. Love them.....

You usually hear complaints over praise on the Forums

webecreekin
Explorer
Explorer
Go to cedarcreekrvownersclub.com and ask the question.
2015 Ford F-350 Lariat
2018 Cedar Creek 36 CK2

www.cedarcreekrvownersclub.com

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
1414141414 wrote:
ready to buy a cedar creek fifth wheel,but after ready so many neg comments about forest river quality and factory support I am not sure now.....Does anybody have any positive or neg experiences with forest river products especially cedar creek. looking to buy the 38rd.... THANKS

First FR product owned 2003 Cardinal 33CKTS 5th. Had it for 10 years Awsome unit!

Second FR product 2006 Cherokee 32B TT. Still have it No issues at all.

Third FR product Cedar CReek 36CKTS Bought this to replace 10 year old Cardinal. Reason for doing this was to get 6 point level up, power awning, electric rear jacks,residential bathroom,enclosed underbelly.

I would not hesitate to buy or reccomend another FR product.

C.B.
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

lenr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thor and Forest River run the full range from really cheap to really expensive but that often has little relationship to quality level. I can only afford the less expensive and just do the easy repairs myself. FR is VERY easy to get along with for after warranty repair, but it helps if you can get to the factory in northern IN. At the annual rally in Goshen anything will be fixed free. I've seen walls, whole floors, refrigerators, axles, etc. replaced free at the rally. I got a free axle upgrade just for asking and being willing to drive to Goshen at a later date. Does any other manufacturer do this after warranty?

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
A very good point was raised concerning the actual TRAILER'S QUALITY, my CC Daydreamer's built like a tank and the interior fit and fish is excellent however,,,,LOL so far I've replaced both Dometic AC units (one covered by warranty), one Fantastic Vent (again covered by warranty), Suburban hot-water tank which the tank went on it, the three P.O.S. Drainmaster electric dump valves (I simply cannot convey the out-right distain I have for the lousy excuse for a product or their company!) which CC sent me replacements twice then finally manual valves. All these things were completely out of Cedar Creek's hands as far as quality is concerned, I'm sure they thought these components were good,well built ones so I will not fault them and when a problem arose the were on it right away with no hesitation on their part, they simply want a happy customer! next time your camping look for the Cedar Creeks and talk to their owners, you'll see what the rest of us already know!

Red Green;
Remember, If it moves and it shouldn't, duck-tape,
if doesn't move and it should,WD40!!
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blรผcher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...

justme
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a way of measuring infra-red (like an inexpensive IR gun), measure the interior walls when the unit is in the sun and see how the temperature varies. You would be surprised at how badly many trailers are insulated. From my experience insulation and build quality/engineering go hand in hand. The more even the temperature distribution without hot/cold spots the better.

rmalik1
Explorer
Explorer
1414141414 wrote:

Cedar Creek is a very good trailer, now what u need to do is get out there and do your home work because asking the forum how to spend your money is not very smart. We spent at least 5 years traveling to many dealers in numerous states looking at the top of the line 5th wheels, checking out how they where built. Knowing that we could not afford a New Horizon, DRV etc. We took the knowledge of what was the construction of the top end and transfer that info to the next level.

My refer is Dometic and the convection/mic is a Frigidaire, but Cedar Creek didn't build those components and no other RV company does either, so sidewall construction, fit and finish, sub floors-marine grade plywood, frame size,axle size, tires,types of insulation and r rating, some of the construction things to look at

Was sitting in South Texas last winter and a DRV(2011 model) was next to me, and Leroy the DRV owner had the mobile RV repair truck there more than few times, just saying. This year the cable on one of my gray tank broke and the refer went down. The DRV and my Creek both had problems but neither manufacturer was to blame!
2012 Cedar Creek 36RE w/ Level Up
B&W Turnover w/ 18k Companion Hitch
08 Ford 350 Lariat DW PSD Crew Cab Long Bed 4:30

Henry
Explorer
Explorer
I think Forest River RV's are as good as any out there. If your talking about a specific problem, let's hear it, but to say a company is bad without an explanation is not good business. I've had two Cardinals and one Cobra and will certainly look at Forest River products when I get another one. My 2004 is getting old but is still doing what I want it to do.
Henry Holley
Snyder, Texas
2006 Chevy 3500, 6600 DuraMax
2004 Cardinal 33TS

Henry
Explorer
Explorer
KY JOE, what problem did you have with your FR product? You made a huge statement without an explanation.
I've had two Cardinals and will buy a third when needed.
Henry Holley
Snyder, Texas
2006 Chevy 3500, 6600 DuraMax
2004 Cardinal 33TS

Nicholsfamily05
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I purchased a 2013 forest river windjammer 34' bunk house as our first camper.
Will say we will never buy one again.
From the time of its delivery we had many issues ranging from the front crank givng out cause to much weight to sit on the stabilizers and them giving out while we were in the camper. Dropping the front end into the ground.
The awning arm bent as we were bringing it in.
The bathroom faucet gave out on a trip leaking all over the place and then the kitchen hot water line gave out.
We traded it in after only having it for 7 months.
Forest River fought us tooth and nail on everything even when the repair shop stated nothing we did was wrong.
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Big Horn Crew Cab, SRW. Cummins Turbo Diesel Automatic 68RFE Trans
50 gallon diesel Transfer Flow tank with the Traxx 3 system.
2017 Sierra FLIK 5th Wheel
42' Front Livingroom, 15K
Hydraulic level up system

justme
Explorer
Explorer
1414141414 wrote:
Forest River has good ratings and is ahead of Heartland, Keystone, Winnebago and others.

jrs1871
Explorer
Explorer
We are on our second Cedar Creek and would buy another in a heartbeat. We had the 2004 Creek until 2013 when we traded it on a new one. Only a couple of minor issues with either of them and those issues were taken care of without any problems.
As someone mentioned Forest River covers a lot of lines and comparing an entry level line to a Creek is like comparing apples to oranges. Cedar Creeks and Silverbacks are built in their own plant in Topeka, IN. The factory support for their product is incredible.

colliehauler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Forest River has lots of models from entry level on up. They are the second largest MFG. Not all Forest Rivers are built the same or even in the same plant.

THOR is the same way they have DRV down to entry level campers.

KY_JOE
Explorer
Explorer
I would RUN away from ANYTHING made by Forest River
THE GREENWELL'S
JOE , MELISSA , EMILY
MAYSVILLE, KENTUCKY

2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
2014 RAM 3500 DUALLY CREW, 4X4 CUMMINS

ROUGHING IT THE EASIEST WAY WE KNOW HOW!

B_Sjulestad
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are very happy with our CC 36ckts. Wife and I go to the RV shows to see what is new and walk away saying we didn't see anything we like better than what we have. Have not found one with as much room as we have in the bedroom even with the king size bed.
Bob & Dianne
2016 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4 DRW D/A
2013 Cedar Creek 36ckts
Emmy,Sassy and Flower our 4 legged kids