cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heartland TQ 270 HG cool new concept!

bukuinc
Explorer
Explorer
This may have been posted before, but I haven't seen it. Have you guys seen the new toy hauler idea heartland came out with? The garage area of the trailer converts to the master by simply lowering it down from the ceiling. The entire fifth wheel living space is on one level. It's a bit more of a climb now to get in, but its awesome to see some new concepts coming to market! With a little bit of refinement, this will be one of the best ideas!

Heartland TQ 270 HG
Video of the bedroom in action

11 REPLIES 11

fly-boy
Explorer
Explorer
I love the idea-Where it would be a problem is on longer trips where you have a night or two on the road.

No fun unloading so you can sleep and then re-loading before you get back on the road.
2016 Chevy LTZ
2009 WW HKD
A few toys...

jimtoo
Explorer
Explorer
Just so you know,,, the Heartland RVs web site has just been completely rebuilt. Not sure they have it on the best server yet and it still has some problems which they are working on. Slow loading and page not complete are the most common right now.

But keep checking, it will get fixed. Also check the Heartland Owners Forum as there is lots of information there.

Jim M
Happy Camping
Drive Safe
Jim & Bette
Texas Sweetheart Rally
George West Storyfest, 1st Sat of Nov.

04 GMC 3500, CC,Dually,Duramax,Allison
CB Radio, MaxBrake, Turboliner, Ride Rites
09 Bighorn by Heartland, 3670RL, Trailair Pinbox, Equaflex.

Macman83
Explorer
Explorer
Carb Cleaner wrote:
The link in the OP didn't work for me .
Here's another "massive" link for the "massive" TQ 270 HG:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bli2OPSoeus
CLICKY
It doesn't look like my 54" tall (at the handlebars, I measured it) dirt bike would fit under the bed when lowered. I guess it's a massive dirt bike. My streat bike bars, may be an inch taller.
Great idea, though.
Heartlands page for the TQ 270 HG (it takes a while for the page to load, probably massive traffic on Heartland's web site).
http://www.heartlandrvs.com/#!dview=modeldetail&c=toyhaulers&sc=TQ&m=689&ajax=?
Heartland Torque TQ270HG

Wow, there was a lot of information in that "massive" post. LOL
2010 Ford F450 Superduty diesel
2013 Voltage 3905

Carb_Cleaner
Explorer
Explorer
The link in the OP didn't work for me .
Here's another "massive" link for the "massive" TQ 270 HG:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bli2OPSoeus
CLICKY
It doesn't look like my 54" tall (at the handlebars, I measured it) dirt bike would fit under the bed when lowered. I guess it's a massive dirt bike. My streat bike bars, may be an inch taller.
Great idea, though.
Heartlands page for the TQ 270 HG (it takes a while for the page to load, probably massive traffic on Heartland's web site).
http://www.heartlandrvs.com/#!dview=modeldetail&c=toyhaulers&sc=TQ&m=689&ajax=?
Heartland Torque TQ270HG
'13 F250XL SC gas 4x4 8', Camper & Plow packages, StableLoads, LT285/65R-18 Goodyear Wrangler A/T Adventure, 18x9 Ultra Motorsports "Phantom" wheels
'12 Wolf Creek 850 TC Coleman Polar Cub 9.2k A/C, 90 watt solar, dual propane & batteries, Maggie Rack

pipers_family
Explorer
Explorer
We checked out one of these. I also was glad to see new ideas. In any trailer space is limited. Multiple use areas are smart thinking

WhitehouseLV
Explorer III
Explorer III
nayther wrote:
pretty cool. there are negatives but i like the inventiveness.

I agree its nice to see something innovative!

Longtime Member of RV.net (since 2005) just trying to find my friends and way around in this new community.
40' Keystone Toyhauler
2017 Ram 3500 DRW
2019 KTM 300 XC-W tpi
Honda CRF 80F

Honda Rincon
Polaris RZR 800 Trail

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
jareddustin wrote:

11,600 dry im pretty sure is not 1/2-ton towable.
just because you can does not mean you should

Not disagreement whatsoever! Just pointing out that all the MFGs have jumped on the "1/2-ton towable" bandwagon, and to make that claim, all they have to do is produce one variant of their trailer which is under the tow capacity of one 1/2-ton truck (which pretty much means a 2WD non-crewcab F150 with the max-payload package).
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
pretty cool. there are negatives but i like the inventiveness.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

jareddustin
Explorer
Explorer
carringb wrote:
fla-gypsy wrote:
Is it just me or do the specs on this look all out of wack? 30'=11600 dry weight? Carrying capacity= 1327 lbs wih a GVWR of 15500? What am I missing?

You are missing all the "mandatory options". Its seems most of the trailer makers have starting lumping a lot of features into that category, probably so they can point to the dry weight and call it "1/2-ton towable".

11,600 dry im pretty sure is not 1/2-ton towable.
just because you can does not mean you should

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
fla-gypsy wrote:
Is it just me or do the specs on this look all out of wack? 30'=11600 dry weight? Carrying capacity= 1327 lbs wih a GVWR of 15500? What am I missing?

You are missing all the "mandatory options". Its seems most of the trailer makers have starting lumping a lot of features into that category, probably so they can point to the dry weight and call it "1/2-ton towable".
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)