cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance...Need Assistance...Resolved

Hotel_Californi
Explorer
Explorer
This is kind of hard to believe, but I just called my insurance agent to add a 2014 Ram Longhorn we purchased 2 days ago to our policy. When they heard that I would occasionally be towing a fifth wheel, they told me they would not cover the new truck...and wouldn't continue to cover the old truck because it was used to pull a fifth wheel!

Current vehicle and home insurance is via Costco / Ameriprise. We have used them for many years for multiple vehicles as well as for our home insurance. Great pricing and good service. No accidents or tickets for 47 years for either of us. RV is currently insured separately through Good Sam. I need to find a new insurance company quickly.

Does anyone have coverage for vehicles, home and RV through a single reputable company with reasonable rates and decent service? Who is your carrier? Did you compare prices between different companies?

Going to be busy on Monday morning talking to insurance companies. Planning on contacting AAA, Farmers, State Farm, Allstate and Geico. Open to all suggestions for additional companies, or reasons not to bother with some of them.

Thanks.
Doug & Juanita
2014 Cedar Creek Touring Edition
The Cedar Creek RV Owners Club
62 REPLIES 62

jeb5
Explorer
Explorer
EMC

RV, Truck, 2 cars, Home, Umbrella, etc, Great price since they only bill me once a year. Highly recommend if you have a good claims record. They will not carry any high risk customers.
Ford F-350, 6.7 Diesel, 4x4, Long Bed
Newmar Kountry Star 5th Wheel

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
I full time and also use Miller Insurance - they are very RV oriented. They are an independent and will insure homes, vehicles, any kind of RV/camper, boats, etc. I have National Interstate thru them and am happy.

Millerrvinsurance.com

Located in Lake Oswego, Oregon

Gooselover
Explorer
Explorer
We have everything under Oklahoma Farm Bureau. Was never a problem at all!
Charlie & Jeri
2013 Keystone Cougar 327RES
2013 Dodge Ram 3500 EC

dezl_dr
Explorer
Explorer
On our 5th wheel we had insurance through USAA but they didn't have the coverages that I wantedfor the new 5th wheel. Now, we have our 5th wheel insured through Blue Sky RV Insurance (http://www.blueskyrvinsurance.com). I got a quote from them and they also will insure your tow vehicle, and also any additional vehicles you have. Quote was very reasonable for coverages I requested. They will insure the occasional or full-time RV'er.
I also got a quote from Miller RV Insurance - http://www.millerrvinsurance.com (I believe they are located in Oregon)...quote was about $100 higher than Blue Sky. Again Miller will insure the occasional or full-time RV'er.
You can submit a quote for both companies on-line. I got a response within 24-hrs, but I don't think it was on a weekend when I submitted my information.
Hope this helps....
Our Deductible - $1,000 comp and $1,000 coll was $362.00. I added a few extra features:
Personal effects $4,000 = $32.00
Emergency Expenses $750 = $1.00
Purchase Price Guarantee = $45.00 (up to 10 model years)
Vacation liability $100,000 = $8.00
Deminishing deductable comp & coll = $18.00 (every year you are accident free they reduce your deductable 25%...so in 4-years you will not have a deductable)
Total premium was $456.00
2014 F-350 DRW, 2010 Elite Suites 38'

missourijan
Explorer
Explorer
X3 on Blue Sky. We had National Interstate on the rv with replacement coverage for about 5 years. Last year they increased our rate 30% for no reason. Our broker RV America also sells Blue Sky. They quoted almost 1/2 of National Interstate for same coverage. I posted here and asked about Blue Sky, everyone had positive comments, even if they had a claim. The truck is insured through USAA but will quote with Blue Sky at renewal time.

VTLee
Explorer
Explorer
I have Progressive for the truck and the 5er. They even have roadside assistance for no charge on RVs

Hotel_Californi
Explorer
Explorer
45Ricochet wrote:
That's strange, Ameriprise covers our S&B house, the Ram and RV and the DW's car.
Just paid the invoice they set us last week.
Hope they realize I pull the RV with the Ram :W

They don't!! Not sure what would happen if you had an accident while towing.

On edit: Maybe ours is different since it is done through Costco.
Doug & Juanita

Hotel_Californi
Explorer
Explorer
avvidclif1 wrote:
Another vote for AARP/Hartford, they beat Progressive and USAA by several hundred dollars a year.

Always a complication. Just talked to Hartford and they won't insure the home because the forced air furnace is more than 28 years old...
Doug & Juanita

avvidclif1
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for AARP/Hartford, they beat Progressive and USAA by several hundred dollars a year.
Clif & Millie
2009 Ford F350 SRW CC Lariat 6.4 Diesel
2015 Heartland Cyclone HD CY3418 Toy Hauler

LINDA53
Explorer
Explorer
Try allied insurance or progressive

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Met-life here also, no issues and good rates. We were told the 5er is covered by the TV when it is being towed.'we also needed coverage for storage.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

tstryk
Explorer
Explorer
kakampers wrote:
Check...Blue Sky

+1
2006 Holiday Rambler Scepter 40PDQ
2014 Ford Fiesta frog
Tucker the schnauzer, Buddy and Cooper the labs

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
That's strange, Ameriprise covers our S&B house, the Ram and RV and the DW's car.
Just paid the invoice they set us last week.
Hope they realize I pull the RV with the Ram :W
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hotel California wrote:

Does anyone have coverage for vehicles, home and RV through a single reputable company with reasonable rates and decent service? Who is your carrier? Did you compare prices between different companies?
Thanks.

We have had Safeco for 5 years and though I check every year no one else has been able to beat them. Service has been great- had an accident last year which they handled quickly. And my renewal afterward didn't change much.

MNRon
Explorer
Explorer
AAA for us. Went through independent agent and this insurance turned out to be the best overall for cars, house and trailer.
Ron & Pat
2022 F350 Lariat CCSB SRW Diesel
2019 VanLeigh Vilano 320 GK