Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Seeking Clever ways to carry sewer hose

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Team,

It seems, for one reason or another, all the tried, true, and easy ways to carry the sewer hose will not work on our new RV (no bumper, hard to find places to secure pvc to carry, fuel tanks in way, generator exhaust in way, etc...)

So does anyone have any clever ways they carry the sewer hoses?

Thanks
Dan
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach
This particular one was the prototype.
37 REPLIES 37

Since I have steel and aluminum readily available to me , I used a piece of 5" diameter aluminum tube mounted to the under side frame... I brushed it first then hung it... I was not liking the idea of a tote with my waste tube in the basement . . .
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

packnrat
Explorer
Explorer
cmoecmoe wrote:
I found it easier to mount mine along the bottom of the frame. I put 1 of these on each frame rail in the back. They work great!

http://www.dwincorp.com/products/82/SUPER-TUBE

Craig

not sure about this item?
what is it made of? some plastics are brittle and will crack/fail driving down the rd. (the bouncing/flexing).

and the ad said could cost over $100.usd shipped to the west coast?

product looks good...but cost? repair ability?..any town?

hows it workout for you? in so many miles?

2006 F250 4X4 auto 6.0 short bed
2001 sunnybrook 24 ft
1984 cj7 built up a bit
kg6tgu
never too many toys, just not enought room to keep them
one dog who belives she is the master. rip 12 12 2007
12 loving years and loyal to the end.
just out having fun

packnrat
Explorer
Explorer
number of great ways here. but i add to make sure the housing has lots and lots of holes in it for drainage and venting.
and no pricey screw on cap just a long pins ( http://www.mcmaster.com/#linch-pins/=vrlgva ) through both ends to stop the flex hose from coming out.
just attach a strap to them so they stay with the coach.

2006 F250 4X4 auto 6.0 short bed
2001 sunnybrook 24 ft
1984 cj7 built up a bit
kg6tgu
never too many toys, just not enought room to keep them
one dog who belives she is the master. rip 12 12 2007
12 loving years and loyal to the end.
just out having fun

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
I took the easy way and purchased two sold at most RV stores. A bit more spendy than making them from fence posts but it was minutes to mount them going side to side on the frame under neath. I carry 30 of hose (including the clear pice) and could make it 40 if needed.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

4x4FF
Explorer
Explorer
cmoecmoe wrote:
I found it easier to mount mine along the bottom of the frame. I put 1 of these on each frame rail in the back. They work great!

http://www.dwincorp.com/products/82/SUPER-TUBE

Craig

I have never seen that before!! That is awesome!! I did the 5" fence post on mine and by the time I bought everything I could almost have paid for the telescoping one. Great find.

Steve
'07 39' Pilgrim Open Road 5th Wheel
'18 F350 Platinum 6.7 Powerstroke

FiverBob
Explorer
Explorer
Buy a Sewer Solutions setup. 20' of hose will fit in a space the size of a 20' garden hose. It washes itself when done using it. You can run over it and not damage it. It pumps uphill about a foot of so if needed. Love it. Mine is 8 years old and still looks like new.
Bob
2003 Dodge 3500 HO dually 6 speed Laramie, Jordan Controller, RDS aux tank/tool box, Bremen boards, RamAirIII, Jacobs EBrake, Air Safe 25K hitch
Carriage 36' Triple slide Fiver, Onan Gen, Sat, Prosine Inv., MORryd IS and pinbox

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
Mount a 5" PVC fence post under the frame.

I have two of them under mine. One carries the sewer hose and the other has fishing poles in it.
2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

Rancher_Will
Explorer
Explorer
Our Monty also does not have a bumper that will carry a sewer hose. However, I have not used a bumper carry for sewer hose for years. Years ago, when we owned our second JayCo, someone stole our sewer hose from the bumper. I did not dicover the theft until one time when I need it.

Since that time I have a plastic type tub, with a tight cover, that we bought from WalMart. Every time we use the sewer hose, slinky, and related fittings, I make sure the hose and fittings are well rinsed and dry as possible before placing into the tub. The tub is carried in one of the storage compartments on our RV that is locked when closed.

vietvet66-67
Explorer
Explorer
I been using a tub with a tight fitting lid. Never a problem.....
2006 Chevy 3500 DRW LBZ/ALLY LT2 The "DREAM CATCHER"
1999 Newmar American Star Newmar Kountry Klub #19708
Curt Q20 P-2 Controller
LIFE MEMBER OF THE VFW MEMBER 335 "DUALLY CLUB"
"GOD, GUTS, AND GUNS KEEP AMERICA FREE"

TimnJo
Explorer
Explorer
I found a wire crate that I attached to the frame, then cut out an opening in the side skirt and put a door on it that I got from my local RV dealer. The wire basket I found at a garage sale for $1.00 and the door/cover wasn't expensive either.
2010 Carriage Cameo 36FWS
2018 Silverado 3500HD D/A Double Cab Dually LT

Poppy_s_5th_Whe
Explorer
Explorer
Here's how I did mine:

Here's a look at my bracket system:
Paul "Poppy" Cervone
2016 GMC Summit White Denali 3500HD SRW CC/SB
2015 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
While the tub may be a workable solution, I don't like the the idea of the wasted space in the basement or keeping it in that space in general.

I very much love the 5" PVC fence post solution. You should be able to find a spot that it will fit across the rails of the 5er. The nice part is it all fits.

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

C-Bears
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased a PVC post like goducks10 shows in his post on page one. I found one 10' long but only used a 5' section attached to my frame for stinky-slinky storage. I split the other 5' down the middle, giving me two sections of "U" shaped pieces for when I need to support additional long runs of stinky-slinky at some CG's.
2014 Montana 3725RL (Goodyear G614 Tires, Flow Thru TPMS)

SPENDING THE WINTERS AT OUR HOME IN SW FLORIDA. THE REST OF THE YEAR SEEING THE U.S. FROM OUR LIVING ROOM WINDOW!

mrkoje
Explorer
Explorer
icanon wrote:
I don't have an answer but if I may ask, what rv has no bumper? Isn't it illegal?

Just thought about it can you somehow attach it in your truck's bed?

My toy hauler TT does not have a bumper - my sewer hose can be carried in the PVC pipe deal that was attached to the underside of the frame if I had a regular sewer hose. However, I have one of those damn Rhinos and it's huge. The fittings are too big to stick in the PVC holder so I just compress it and stick it in a tupperware container - you know the big box ones and then stick in the bed of the pickup.
RAPTOR 300MP
RAM 3500 MEGA CTD 4X4