cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

storing central vac stuff

MC9
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for neat ideas on storing central vac hose and attachments. Right now they are in the long box they came in.
10 REPLIES 10

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Our attachments are stored in one of the steps. I use the central vac for the valances, day/night shades and floors, Dyson for the carpet.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

MC9
Explorer
Explorer
Thankx folks, I like the totes idea.

summerhouse
Explorer
Explorer
I actually really like our central vac! With a lab in the RV, I use it almost daily. I find it pretty convenient; no cord to wind up after every use. I can vacuum the entire coach in less then 15 mins from one end to the other. I store my hose and tools in one of our of our dinette benches. The one advantage to not having chairs I guess.
โ€œLight hearted I take to the open roadโ€ฆ Healthy, free, the world before meโ€ฆ The long brown path before me leading me wherever I choose.โ€ - Walt Whitman

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
Ours is stored under the bed and is only brought out for real heavy duty vacuuming.

We use our upright for light duty and is adequate for that.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

pcm1959
Explorer
Explorer
dbbls wrote:
I put mine in a trash can and let the trash man have it.

:B LOL!!! I thought the same thing. The only thing decent about a central vac is the dust pan feature. Otherwise, it is so much easier to use the compact, powerful Dirt Devil upright. Everything is right there.
I know that doesn't answer your question but had to add my 2 cents for those how may be considering central vac in a new rig. Why bother?
2018 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2014 Lifestyle LS36FW
St Augustine, FL

rockintom
Explorer
Explorer
We use an appropriate sized tote and put it in the clothes closet.
Rockintom
'12 Excel Limited GKE 33 ft., trailer named "Charm"
'14 1 ton Chevy DRW D/A Reese 20K hitch Fold-A-Cover bedcover - truck named "Bullet" Fulltiming since 2005

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
jw of 4 corners wrote:
Ours Cameo has a lift up stair tread so that it can be stored in the stairs. I know a lot store under the mattress in that storage but it can be difficult for the DW to access if she is alone.

The DW uses the vacuum cleaner? My DW says the fiver has wheels so cleaning is the boys job!

I just hang the net bag with the hose & tools in my closet.
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

dbbls
Explorer
Explorer
I put mine in a trash can and let the trash man have it.
2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our Cedar Creek also has a hinged step that I store everything under.

JW_of_Opechee_S
Explorer
Explorer
Ours Cameo has a lift up stair tread so that it can be stored in the stairs. I know a lot store under the mattress in that storage but it can be difficult for the DW to access if she is alone.
Have Fiver will travel with little or no notice at all. I do need to stop at rest areas now and then:)