cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Washing a fifth wheel

brnzbk
Explorer
Explorer
We will be picking up our new fifth wheel in about 2 weeks and then hitting the road for another 2 to 3 weeks. Just wondering what and how to wash our new trailer? I've been looking at a foam gun that attaches to a power washer, looks like a pretty good system, or maybe just the old fashion 2 bucket system, just wondering what everyone uses.
2015 F350 CC LB Lariat 6.7L Dually
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
B&W Companion
43 REPLIES 43

joegray
Explorer II
Explorer II
I washed mine in a campground in Utah,and when it dried it was covered in water spots. I had to wax it right after to try to get the spots off. Still have some spots. How do you avoid this problem, short of having a company come in and wash with soft water?

GPG52_
Explorer II
Explorer II
Blue Beacon works great for us.... good value for your $'s.
As for DW washing the trailer.... well just celebrated our 43rd wedding anniversary....
If I want to see 44th then I guess I should let the boys at Blue Beacon do the job.
GPG
GPG ๐Ÿ™‚
2014 Ford F250, 6.2L, 4.30 Ratio, 6 speed
2014 Cougar (by Keystone) 327 RES

rmalik1
Explorer
Explorer
If your on the road, try Blue Beacon truck wash. Around $55 for T.V. and trailer.
2012 Cedar Creek 36RE w/ Level Up
B&W Turnover w/ 18k Companion Hitch
08 Ford 350 Lariat DW PSD Crew Cab Long Bed 4:30

Hvyhauler
Explorer
Explorer
I use a telescoping Mr Long Arm poll with 2 different attachments,a brush & 5"x10" scrubbing pad assembly.The pads are replacable and held on with velcro.

For soap its Turtle wash/wax and some Era liquid laundry detergent,about 1" of soap in the bucket and fill with water.The mix is very slippery and cleans good.
2006 Dodge 3500 DRW SLT 4x4 LB QC CTD PullRite SuperGlide
2007 Mountaineer 336RLT Mich. XPS Ribs Duro Max XP4400E Gen.
2000 Lance 1130 Torklifts/SL/Stainless Generac Gen.
2 Rescued Camping Collies (always ready to go)

Irelands_child
Explorer
Explorer
Happy Prospector wrote:
Just had my wife wash the 5er with Mcquires cleaner wax 50 and it only took her two days to do the job. She is getting older and slowing down some but it is important for men to remember that, as women grow older, it becomes harder for them to maintain the same quality of trailer maintenance as when they were younger. When you notice this, try not to yell at them. Some are overly sensitive, and thereโ€™s nothing worse than an oversensitive woman.

She had to take a break when she was only half-finished washing the 5th Wheel. I tried not to make a scene. Iโ€™m a fair man. I tell her to fix herself a nice, big, cold glass of freshly squeezed lemonade and just sit for a while. And, as long as she is making one for herself, she may as well make one for me, too.

I know that I probably look like a saint in the way I support her. Iโ€™m not saying that showing this much consideration is easy. Many men will find it difficult. Some will find it impossible! Nobody knows better than I do how frustrating women get as they get older. However, guys, even if you just use a little more tact and less criticism of your aging girlfriend or wife because of this post, I will consider that writing it was well worthwhile.

I thought it was only my DW who was slowing down. She really put on the brakes after she busted her ankle, making me do some of her regular maintenance chores and even missing some baseball games on TV this spring.

Halmfamily wrote:
Happy Prospector wrote:
Just had my wife wash the 5er with Mcquires cleaner wax 50 and it only took her two days to do the job. She is getting older and slowing down some but it is important for men to remember that, as women grow older, it becomes harder for them to maintain the same quality of trailer maintenance as when they were younger. When you notice this, try not to yell at them. Some are overly sensitive, and thereโ€™s nothing worse than an oversensitive woman.

She had to take a break when she was only half-finished washing the 5th Wheel. I tried not to make a scene. Iโ€™m a fair man. I tell her to fix herself a nice, big, cold glass of freshly squeezed lemonade and just sit for a while. And, as long as she is making one for herself, she may as well make one for me, too.

I know that I probably look like a saint in the way I support her. Iโ€™m not saying that showing this much consideration is easy. Many men will find it difficult. Some will find it impossible! Nobody knows better than I do how frustrating women get as they get older. However, guys, even if you just use a little more tact and less criticism of your aging girlfriend or wife because of this post, I will consider that writing it was well worthwhile.

I vote this the post of the year...

I SECOND THIS !! I wonder if his WIFE agrees ???
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Happy Prospector wrote:

I vote this the post of the year...
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

Racine96
Explorer
Explorer
Just ask, I have been in several places where is not allowed.

Sturgeon-Phish
Explorer
Explorer
Me too
2003 GMC 3500 crew dually. Transfer Flow 50g aux tank; ISSPRO gauges, PPE boost valve, air box mods, stock exhaust w/o muffler, Line-X, Pace Edwards bed locker power tonneau. B&W Companion. Pulls a '05 Wildcat 31QBH 5th wheel

roadking59
Explorer
Explorer
LMAO! ??????????
Regards,

AJ

2015 FORD F450 SUPER DUTY 6.7
Grand Design Momentum 350M
2012 H-D ROADGLIDE Ultra

Happy_Prospecto
Explorer
Explorer

Kevin
Retired, Fulltime RV'er, 1999.5 F350 4X4 CC Diesel Flatbed
2007 Alpenlite Defender Toyhauler, 2019 Polaris Ranger
Bob, the Yorkie Terrier helping me prospect til the money runs out

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
I also will, never use a power washer - on my 5er or my truck. Just asking for trouble.

Tim

09KZMXT266
Explorer
Explorer
Poppy's 5th Wheel wrote:
I will wash mine with an extension pole and soft brush using RV wash with liquid wax when it's very dirty like after a long desert drive but now I have become a believer in Wash Wax All (http://washwax.com/). I'm a believer. I can keep my rig looking like new in just a few minutes without water so even the campgrounds can't complain. Pretty slick stuff!

Thanks for the link. That stuff does look promising. I've been using no-rinse wash solutions for years, but never a waterless type. The thought of washing my new 5th wheel is not too appealing, but this Wash Wax All may make it not too bad.
2014 KZ Inferno 3410T

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
AZ T&T wrote:
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Garden hose, bucket, long handled brush.......elbow grease and 1 day

Then next day
Step ladder, wax, cloth.......lots of elbow grease and ALL DAY

Enjoy :B

This is how I do it, but I can do the whole thing in a couple of hours.

Same here - wash and wax in a couple of hours. I use Gel Gloss RV Wash and Wash. Drip drying is best, no streaks.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
I have a telescoping brush along with a good car wash soap oh and 2 teenage boys I'm done in about 2 minutes unless you count checking on them. Waxing is the same except one is applying the wax and the other is following with the electric buffer. I do come out and check about every 15 minutes to ensure its going okay. Let me tell ya its hard work.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian