cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Toy Hauler today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
2,288 REPLIES 2,288

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
yes. great service from them. He arrived, took down the fan shell part and alot of water came with it. I died inside but he said the roof was dry.

he got on the roof and it was ONE small little hole in the caulking around the fan. He caulked everything again on the roof and it is done and perfect now.

no charge and away he went but of course I gave him a tip. nice guy and they treated me fine and no worries now about water troubles and a roof ๐Ÿ™‚

64thunderbolt
Explorer II
Explorer II
nice that they are coming to you. Worth waiting for.
Glen
04 Tail gator XT 34' 5th wheel garage model
200w solar 2 GC2's 800w inv
Truma tankless WH
99 F350 CC DRW 7.3 ais intake, adrenaline hpop, JW valve body,
cooling mist water inj, DP tunes, 4" exh sys
trucool trans cooler added
2011 RZR 900xp

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
I mopped up water in it ๐Ÿ˜ž

service dealer is sending someone out to fix the fan they installed 'correctly' this time! yea it leaked. nothing bad so far, guy coming out cause big storms are around now.

nice service. Hope all is well with it. brand new and freaked when I saw the puddle in the garage!

waiting on service now. just waiting and waiting and waiting ๐Ÿ™‚

soonernation
Explorer
Explorer
I installed my new Dish Tailgater satellite.

I was hoping that I would be able to watch satellite TV on any of the 4 TV's (living, garage, bedroom, outside) without major wiring modifications. I knew I would have to watch the same channel as the dish itself is limited. I also wanted to be able to watch antenna programming on any TV.

The trailer was wired to do exactly what I wanted. I connected the coax from the dish to my connection outside the trailer. I connected the receiver box to one of the connections on a wall plate that had two coax connectors on it. I took another piece of coax and connected it from the "out to TV" on the receiver and connected it to the other connection on the wall plate. The TV in the living area was connected from the receiver using HDMI.

What all this did was allow for antenna TV on any TV. The living area TV can watch either one just by switching inputs. The other TV's work by turning off the antenna booster, switching to channel 3 and use the Dish remote to change channels.

I have a couple more things to do. I need to figure a good way to install the receiver in my cabinet. It is about 3/4" too shallow. I could cut out the back wall portion of the cabinet as they did to fit in the DVD/surround sound receiver but I don't know that I want to make that kind of modification. I may just tilt it up in the cabinet. I also need to obtain a IR to RF remote control device. That way the receiver stays in the cabinet and I can use the Dish remote at any of the TV locations. A friend bought one and it seems to work really well for the same type of use.
2013 Voltage 3200 Epic Full Paint
2014 Ford F350 DRW
2013 Yamaha Zuma 125
www.facebook.com/VoltageToyHauler

Racerx11
Explorer
Explorer
*Installed cable actuated valve for grey tank. Had to cut off and replace the section of 3" tubing where the 1.5" intersects because the way Ragen installed the valve wouldn't let the new valve function correctly. Yay! No more getting down on my knees and crawling under the TH to open that valve.

*Bought 2 Trojan T-105s ($113/each at the location below), new battery box, new cables and a nifty Blu-Sea switch.

*Tightened all suspension nuts/bolts.

Factory Motor Parts - Rancho Cordova
MASTER DISTRIBUTOR
3160 Gold Valley Dr. Ste 600
Rancho Cordova, California 95742
United States
Telephone: 916-852-7026

onearmyrider
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
onearmyrider:

NICE JOB! what do they charge for Linex? I've had Linex on my last 3 trucks and its fantastic! Will add a few pounds to the roof/rig though but who cares?

Thanks,

It cost me 4000.00. (Camping World wanted 5600 for a new rubber roof)

I went to CAT scales before and after, added a about 380 pounds post repaiers. The plywood counted for most of it. for a trailer rated at 16,000 lbs to me its not much...

Bring it up here, the Line X guys were great and gave me a great deal...

lincster
Explorer
Explorer
onearmyrider wrote:
SpencerRB wrote:
Wow!

Couple questions on that roof project.

- Did you remove old insulation in the 1st picture? Or was there no insulation in there from the factory?

- Is the line-x covering the plywood directly, or did you re-install a EPDM membrane underneath the coating?

1. The roof only had about 50% of it insulated, very poor job from the factory, it was criminal how poor the workmanship was. I used all new insulation and foam insulation in all the small hard to get areas.

2. I did a lot of research and all the spray on liners work very well with plywood.

I know some out there will say I'm crazy, but the roof it sealed.

WW did a very poor job on the roof, I had major roof rot and water damage.

I don't think you are crazy. I think that is awesome!!!!

How much to come to Phoenix and do my Warrior????? ๐Ÿ™‚
2022 F350 PSD CC 4X4 Dually to pull 2006 LE3905

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
onearmyrider:

NICE JOB! what do they charge for Linex? I've had Linex on my last 3 trucks and its fantastic! Will add a few pounds to the roof/rig though but who cares?
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

onearmyrider
Explorer
Explorer
bigg-limo wrote:
I looked at it, and started daydreaming about taking a weekend trip somewhere. Picked up my Kenworth and parked it beside it. Then it started getting so bad that i didnt want to get out of the truck.

lol

onearmyrider
Explorer
Explorer
SpencerRB wrote:
Wow!

- Did you remove old insulation in the 1st picture? Or was there no insulation in there from the factory?

- Is the line-x covering the plywood directly, or did you re-install a EPDM membrane underneath the coating?

1. The roof only had about 50% of it insulated, very poor job from the factory, it was criminal how poor the workmanship was. I used all new insulation and foam insulation in all the small hard to get areas.

2. I did a lot of research and all the spray on liners work very well with plywood.

I know some out there will say I'm crazy, but the roof it sealed.

WW did a very poor job on the roof, I had major roof rot and water damage.

bigg-limo
Explorer
Explorer
I looked at it, and started daydreaming about taking a weekend trip somewhere. Picked up my Kenworth and parked it beside it. Then it started getting so bad that i didnt want to get out of the truck.

SpencerRB
Explorer
Explorer
Wow!

2010 Newmar Dutch Star
2013 VW Golf R

onearmyrider
Explorer
Explorer
Close up of roof

onearmyrider
Explorer
Explorer
All the way down the front and rear, water tight.

onearmyrider
Explorer
Explorer
Line X the whole thing.... No more black streaks