cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where to sell RV items other than craigslist?

jlp16au
Explorer
Explorer
I have sold my fifth wheel and decided not to get a new one. As such, I have items I need to sell. Can anyone recommend a method for selling these items that doesn't involve craigslist?
15 REPLIES 15

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Ebay sometimes works out if you put "local pick up only". Saves the hassle people wanting you to ship large items.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

AZ_T_T
Explorer
Explorer
You can take them to a local auction house and they will sell the items for you. Find a auction house close to you at Auction Zip.
AZ T&T
2012 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 29.5RKS
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch - Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
Honda EU2000i Generator

jlp16au
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for the information. I have no issues selling items on craigslist. I was looking for other avenues in addition to craigslist. I appreciate everyone taking the time to respond and I got a few ideas I had not thought of previously.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yeah, there are some Facebook groups like "Man Cave Swap and Shop". But from what I've seen I'd almost feel better using Craigslist.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
One source not mentioned is Facebook if you are onit. In my area there are a few pages that works like an online garage sale. If sold a few household things there but like others have had good results from CL.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

filthy_beast
Explorer
Explorer
I have sold lots of things on Craigslist but you need to use common sense. Although I had them come to the house, it was never when I was alone and no one ever came into the house and few even saw the inside of my garage.

Other than Craigslist, the free papers some have mentioned, posting on bulletin board at the grocery store or Laundromat are other options.
Goody Two Shoes and the Filthy Beast
2008 Silverado 2500HD
2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You cannot make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.

fitznj
Explorer
Explorer
I've bought/sold a bunch on CList - never had an issue (I think the media overblows the bad cases and look for a "story"); You can tell a lot from the first interaction (email/vmail/text) with the potential buyer/seller.

I had a situation earlier this year, where the seller did not give me a "warm and fuzzy" feeling. I did not pursue the item and moved on to another seller.

Gerry
Gerry

Duck
Explorer
Explorer
Mile High wrote:
Just curious why no Craigslist? I've had pretty good luck buying and selling RV stuff that way. Sold my brake controller in less than an hour.

Same with me but the items were not expensive, That might be the key,
Don
08-FORD F350 PSD
13 Bighorn 3055RL {For Sale}

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Just curious why no Craigslist? I've had pretty good luck buying and selling RV stuff that way. Sold my brake controller in less than an hour.

Water-Bug
Explorer
Explorer
Give it away on Craigs List and then you don't need to worry about getting ripped off. ๐Ÿ™‚

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Send me a PM as to what your selling. I live in Talladega and may need something. I've had, good luck with Craigslist. Sold my Reese 16K slider to a gentleman in Montgomery, 2 hours south and my tool box to someone in Madison, 2 hours north. If safety is a concern offer to meet them in town. I always meet people at Walgreens,
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

carpetguy2
Explorer
Explorer
Sold alot on Ebay local classified.Its free no charge and covers about 100 miles.
Just make sure you do the local.Always had good luck
2007.5 chevy 3500 ltz CC LB Duramax
2016 Open range 3x378
Some other toys too

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
I've sold equally as well between Craigslist, Ebay, and RVTrader. I can never tell which one is going to come through until it happens. Weird as it seems, I seem to have the best luck in the Winter, when the supply is low.

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
E-bay?

Escapees has a for sale forum
No charge to post the item - but you would have to join the forums (free) to post.

BTW - Craigs List is the best to get it done.
Just know what to do and not to do - with potential buyers (common sense).

I prefer a voice mail only phone number and return the calls.
Plus you can "pre-screen" them.
Saves lots of early and late calls - and leave a message when it's sold, for no more calls.

YMMV.