cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Do you decorate for Christmas ?

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
We haven't been out over the holidays and are not full time, but hopefully when the day comes...... Just wonder if you have any pictures or ideas.
22 REPLIES 22

photonut4
Explorer
Explorer
We have a small tabletop fiber optic tree, and we put lighted garland around our entertainment slide where the fireplace is. It looks very nice with the garland lit and the fireplace on.

Boonedocks
Explorer
Explorer
The $1 Santa hats look good over the tops of the mirrors.

Last year we ran a set of LED lights around the cargo carrier on top of our toad and powered them with an inverter we carry in the car.
2003 Country Coach Intrigue towing 2006 Ford Focus. Follow our full timing adventures at The BooneDocks

sowego
Explorer
Explorer
Even when we fulltimed we kept things simple: we have a string of red lights with silk poinsettias we laid out across the dash on the inside and left in place while driving. When parked longer term we set up a very small artificial tree on the steering wheel table with lights. Those 2 items were enough to add holiday cheer and a warm glow visible from inside and out. We shut off the lights at bedtime. The more decorations you put out, the more you have to store off-season so "less is best"!
2002 Tiffin Phaeton
2005 Malibu Maxx toad

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
We do a small tree, a beautiful Christmas snow scene (large plexiglass box with a village, Santa circling one of the houses and "snow" blowing continually) and stockings hung on one of the windows. We start burning pine scented candles and have some kind of scented pine cone or similar centerpieces to decorate the table. We have giant Santa hats that cover the mirror and hang there while parked. If we stay anywhere very long, there is also a giant box for the nose of the bus! Janet put this all up the day after Thanksgiving and it won't come down until after the new year. We will likely have been in 5-8 different locations by then.
Merry Christmas!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

rmalik1
Explorer
Explorer
Wreath on the door and small fiber optic tree with some lighted decorations underneath.
2012 Cedar Creek 36RE w/ Level Up
B&W Turnover w/ 18k Companion Hitch
08 Ford 350 Lariat DW PSD Crew Cab Long Bed 4:30

Wolf3gang
Explorer
Explorer
This is our first Christmas as FTer's. Last year while downsizing, we bought a "Charlie Brown" tree. Will use this and other decorations inside and out.

RoadXYZ
Explorer II
Explorer II
We put a decorative chain across the kitchen window curtain rod and hang ornaments - also put a wreath out each year - we buy them at Goodwill store and after Christmas toss it, except for the beading, etc. and put up a garden flag .. would like to put up outside Christmas lights, but will be moving again right after Christmas .. miss driving around town and seeing Christmas Lane decorated houses, etc. at our home base, but not enuff to stay over winter.
Full-Time RV'rs - Grandma Marji, and Grandpa
2008 Suburban / 2004 Alpenlite TT(FT)

deb_siems
Explorer
Explorer
missourijan wrote:
Yes, definitely. I have some small decorations for every holiday, Easter, Valentines Day, Halloween but mostly Christmas. I always loved the season so when we went fulltime I had to bring something. We have a small tree like one of the other posters pictures and we also hang stockings, put out holiday tea towels, bathroom towels, santa soap dispensers and rugs. It just wouldn't be the same without some decorations. I have lights for outside too.

I do the same. I also put a garland, threaded with white lights along the top of our slideout (inside) and down one side by the drivers chair in our motorhome. I also put out lights and a flag on the front of the moho. Just about everywhere is something Christmas. I rely on a lot of small things because they pack a lot of punch in the smaller square footage.

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
One year I made DH put lights all around the roof of the fiver, and we put a live tree outside, with lights and decor ๐Ÿ™‚ The next year we had a new fiver and it was not easy to hang the lights, so I made do with a small prelit tree inside and a few decorations.
Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

[COLOR=]Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes

missourijan
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, definitely. I have some small decorations for every holiday, Easter, Valentines Day, Halloween but mostly Christmas. I always loved the season so when we went fulltime I had to bring something. We have a small tree like one of the other posters pictures and we also hang stockings, put out holiday tea towels, bathroom towels, santa soap dispensers and rugs. It just wouldn't be the same without some decorations. I have lights for outside too.

tandkj
Explorer
Explorer
Roundtwo-40 wrote:
small fiber optic plug in tree.. Viola. decorated.

Yep, a tree on the steering wheel, a few cards and done.
DW usually wants to do the mirrors and the front of the MH.
Tis another fine day to serve in and for the glory of the Corps. Every day is a holiday and every meal a feast.
08 Camelot Custom build
07 Ranger Toad
One Golden Retriever at the Rainbow Bridge and a new one traveling with us.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Wired to stay on while driving down the road!

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a small tree made of spiral wrapped metal that is funky, but nice. Our old neighbor gave it to us as a gift when we moved into our RV. I put that on the dash with Christmas cards scattered around it. I did have a big wreath that used to hang over our fireplace and was going to hang it on the front grille, but, ran out of storage room, so it was donated. We may do more in the future, but satisfied with what we have for now.

Clay_L
Explorer
Explorer
We carry a small pre-decorated lit Christmas tree that we put on the dash and plug in.
A number of folks do go all out though.
Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats) Salli (dog).

Fixed domicile after 1 year of snowbirding and eleven years Full Timing in a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N, Workhorse chassis, Honda Accord toad