cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Govt wants to make living in your RV (fulltime) illegal

rockchuk
Explorer
Explorer
Better spread the word on this - who do we contact to squelch this?

http://www.activistpost.com/2016/03/hud-wants-to-make-living-in-a-tiny-house-or-rv-illegal.html
25 REPLIES 25

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
Closed...
Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

[COLOR=]Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
drsteve wrote:
Moderator note...I am letting this run....but please don't let it get political
Why? It's incorrect information. The proposed rule change has absolutely nothing to do with full time RVing. As for not getting political, it already is. You really should deep six this, IMHO.

x2
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

4X4Dodger
Explorer II
Explorer II
drsteve wrote:
Why? It's incorrect information. The proposed rule change has absolutely nothing to do with full time RVing. As for not getting political, it already is. You really should deep six this, IMHO.

It's really NOT political in the Partisan Political sense. And just because it is completely false and totally misunderstood is to me an argument for keeping in the light of day to be refuted by as many as care to.

This is the way you "deep six" Rumours and misinformation. Not by censoring it.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:

X2 HUD is a lending institution. They have a plethora of rules right now on how and if you qualify. This just states what they will NOT consider for lending under the HUD guidelines. I see no problem with it as it has nothing to do with real Full-Time RV'ers. Who by the way are not going to go to HUD for a loan. :W

That is mostly true. They are also continually looking for someone to build HUD housing in areas where homes are privately owned.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

4X4Dodger
Explorer II
Explorer II
azdryheat wrote:
If it involves the government it can only mean problems for "We The People".

Like when "We the people" need a fire truck to save our house? or the Police? Or when We need a passport to visit other countries. Or maybe when WE needed that VA Loan to buy a house or build roads and bridges, dams for electricity to keep your lights on? The list is long and full of absolutely necessary services.

This tired, worn out refrain about the government needs to find a permanent rock to hide under.

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

[COLOR=]Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

answerswillvary
Explorer
Explorer
Moved from Campgrounds to Full-Time Rving
2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QBP

MaverickBBD
Explorer
Explorer
iRV2 banned this post
Tom, Cheryl & Blossom(coonhound mix)
'05 Winnebago Journey 36G w/Cat. C-7 350 hp Freightliner XC
AFE air filter, aero turbine muffler, 4 FSD Konis, ultra track bell crank and Safe-T-Plus
FMCA 397030
WIT 129107

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
One way to get rid of all the FEMA trailers after the next bad storm. . . :h
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
I think this statement is wrong:

"Thatโ€™s right โ€“ if this law is passed, living in a tiny house or an RV may become illegal in April of this year."

I read the entire article and I don't see anything where it will be illegal to LIVE in an RV. What it's saying is HUD is trying to define the rules for what is consider a 400 square foot RV and what is considered a house. The fine line with Park Models or Destination Trailers is the problem, as they are pushing the limits and are being found in the no-man's-land of the RV - HUD argument.

Further reading, makes me think that if HUD wins, then the benefits of calling an RV a HOME will be redefined. It won't be illegal to live in an RV full time. I don't see that written anywhere. But the person living in an actual RV (400 square feet or less) full time may not to able be claim some tax and loan lending benefits that are available now.

Remember, "HUD" stands for ("Housing" and Urban Development)They are trying to define what is considered a "House", especially if it has wheels. It's a COYA so they have a way of denying mortgage loans intended for low-income families to people wanting to by a "house on wheels".

I actually understand their point of view, having been a home owner myself and having had several VA loans, and having working in the Mortgage Lending industry in my past life.

X2
HUD is a lending institution. They have a plethora of rules right now on how and if you qualify. This just states what they will NOT consider for lending under the HUD guidelines. I see no problem with it as it has nothing to do with real Full-Time RV'ers. Who by the way are not going to go to HUD for a loan. :W

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

scrubjaysnest
Explorer
Explorer
This has been floating around since Feb. and goes further back in time then that. Just someone trying to dig deeper in someone else's pocket or do we cheatum and how's in CYA mode.
Axis 24.1 class A 500watts solar TS-45CC Trimetric
Very noisy generator :M
2016 Wrangler JK dinghy
โ€œThey who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.โ€ Benjamin Franklin

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Do none of you understand the Fed govt? They're only concerned about getting their cut of the money.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)