Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

How much snow on roof OK ?

We are currently in a rented cabin in western Montana with the winterized coach sitting next to the cabin. I'm curious how much snow it is safe to leave on the roof ? I have a currently bad shoulder preventing me from climbing to remove the accumula...

USMC46 by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Wheel base on Class C

Wife and I are in the early stages of researching Class C motor homes. Very happy with our current truck / TT combo, simply considering the options. The Class C models that would work best for us are 30 feet with a 220" wheel base. Is that wheel base...

Steeljag by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Questio for a friend

My friend bought an Itasca Class C built on a Mercedes/Sprinter chassis this summer (Sorry, I don't know the specific model). She has enjoyed it on several weekend outings and even been out for a full week. She is planning a multi-week trip to FL (...

Considering a Class B

Hey all. First time on the forum. I don't currently own an RV but my parents were into RVing through much of my childhood. I'm getting the itch to buy one but I don't want one of the huge motorhomes or even a class C. I really like the class b's ...

Benefits of using site toilets in construction site

Hi, allToilets and restrooms are a abasic day to day need. But While travelling for a distant trip or vacations, many at times we face such problems of not able to find a portaloo or it is not clean. Especially, when you are in construction site work...

2006 Alfa see you Gold

We are looking to this unit 2006 Alfa See You GoldWe have a small rental operation with 6 units, all class C, and we want to get into the Clase A market. The unit has 8900 miles (which I'm not crazy about).Any suggestion on things to look for?

map40 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Skylight dome in bathroom leaks when it rains

I also have a leak around the front windshield. I suspect the leak is not right over where the water drips out so I want to put temporary tape over the areas I suspect leak before I scrape off existing caulk. What kind of tape could I use (roof is ...

Goombay by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

microwave

I recently purchased a 34' 2006 Fleetwood Southwind MH. I would like to replace the microowave with a convection type. Is there a model that would fit right in.Thanks

Front TV on Holiday Rambler - power bypass?

On my 2005 Holiday Rambler MH the TV in the front will not run if the engine is running. I guess this is a safety feature so the driver wont use is 4 foot long neck to stretch it back and watch TV while driving.When I bought the MH the dealer told m...

93 Brave Wall DC Light not working

I have a 93 Brave 27RC that has those two bulb wall lamps with the shade. While trying to troubleshoot why the one behind the front co-driver seat wasn't working after working for a while when I bought it I came to the conclusion that the push button...

Workhorse parts getting hard to find????

I was talking to my mechanic the other day and he told me he was having difficulty finding Workhorse parts and I might consider selling it. They are not a dedicated RV repair facility....they also work on buses, ambulances etc along with RV's. I ha...

Goombay by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

7', 8' or 9' drop on Carefree EZ Zip Blocker?

Which drop length did you buy for your patio awning sun blocker and why? 9' is the cheapest and 7' is most expensive. Can't figure out which one to buy. I realize that a 9' drop will require a wider RV site but would accommodate more people and stuf...

Need to replace all window treatments. Suggestions?

So I've come to the conclusion that we really need to swap out our window treatments to something that will actually block out the light when we are sleeping. Right now we have just the fabric pull downs that don't seem to block hardly any light at ...