Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Pioneer AVIC-U260 Navigation

Knowing how RV manufacturers work, what is the cheapest thing this week, my Georgetown might be the only RV ever built with a Pioneer GPS system. But, if I am wrong, I want to start a thread for Pioneer AVIC-U260 owners. The Pioneer AVIC-U260 owner’...

Towing a 2015 Honda CR-V "four down"

Well, IMHO, Honda has certainly "shot themselves in the foot" by changing the transmission in the 2015 CR-V's to one that prevents 4 wheel down towing. My 2005 CR-V is a great car, and an excellent tow vehicle, and I was all set to buy a new 2015 CR...

Leveling Jacks Do's and Don'ts

What are some Do's and Don'ts for a newbie to be aware of. What surfaces to put (or not" put them down on? Or any thing else you think of, or mistakes you've made.

zach477 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Michelin XPS Rib tires for Class B, does it work well?

Considering Michelin XPS Rib tires for my SRW Ford class B van. I know they're most likely the best tires available for LT applications but was wondering how they actually work out in terms of handling and ride. I was told they would ride stiffer tha...

ernie1 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Onan 4000 Generator Problem

Hey all,I recently posted that the Onan 4000 on my Fleetwood was roaming and would only stay running if I wedged the Governor open, but that is not the case. I went out today to check the adjustment you all told me about and realized that what I was...

What insurance companies cover high value motor homes?

Lots of insurance companies will cover RVs, but few will cover high value RVs (over $500,000) and even fewer will cover fulltimers in high value RVs. For example, Geico will not insure me.It's time for my annual renewal with National Interstate (one...

Emergency Escape - What to Do??

We have had 3 other rigs before the one in our Sig below.I have NEVER been concerned about emergency escape - except I now know that in the event of a fire happening while we are asleep, the smoke/fire/co2 alarm will alert us when there is a problem....

ccxnola by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

RVP 8000 Rooftop A/C

We have dual RVP 8000 Ac units one is not blowing cold air, ingest a hum that resembles the compressor coming on but not sure, any tips or ideas? We have a 2006 Fleetwood.

What do I need to know about air brakes?

I have driven my DP about 20,000 miles so far and everything is good but I was wondering why commercial licenses require an airbrake certificate and what you are expected to know to get that certificate. Is that something that I need to know? The m...

Groover by Explorer II
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Norcold 1200 gasket?

The door gaskets are bad on a fiend of mine's Norcold 1200. Does anyone know of a place to get them?Has anyone used a thin weather strip to replace them?

Levelers Up Or Down

Do most of you put your levelers down when the coach is not in use, either at home or in a storage facility? Or do you not use them when not in a campground? Chuck

1st RV/Class-A : northern seabreeze vs damon challenger

Hi all, first post here! Nice place!I am from Quebec Canada. We actually own a tent trailer (2 years) and we really dig those weekend escapes. We want to upgrade, we were looking at bigger travel trailers but we would have to trade our car for a bigg...

thames by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Winegard Traveler Satellite VS ..installation.....

We want a traveler 1000 satellite , period...I hear so many problem stories about the other dome units. I contacted Fleetwood and decided I wanted the Traveler installed by the same guys who built the coach. They quoted me 10-12 hours of labor to ins...

Fresh Warer Drain

Hello, I am newbie and just got a 2015 leprechaun 280ds - any idea where the fresh water drain might be located? Thanks for any assistance

Mk1putt by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes