Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

460 Ford Chassis - new carburetor needed

For starters, we are new to owning an RV, as of yesterday.My girlfriend and I just purchased a 1978 Ford Travel Craft 21-ft RV. It has a 460 Ford Chassis engine. Cosmetically, inside and out, the condition is remarkable considering its 37 year old ag...

neruda6 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

2006 Fleetwood excursion 39L LP grill connection

I have the slide out kitchen and it has a gas grill. The LP hose has a male quick disconnect, so where does it connect too? On that side towards the back wheels there is a black pipe with a rubber cap on the end. I assume this is where the connection...

eoross by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Equalizer Jack Problem on Berkshire

I read pretty much all of the posts that I can on here and typically at least have an idea what to do when something goes wrong but this time I'm stuck.My Equalizer Jacks are not working. The problem is the keypad panel will not respond to any button...

Tire Pressure

I bought used, from dealer, a 2014 Fleetwood Southwind 32VS. Just weighed it as follows: Full Gas Tank, 2/3 Full Fresh Water, 1/3 ea on Grey and Black, Fully packed incl DW. Front axle weight is 6,880 lbs...Read axle weight is 19,480 lbs. Tires=M...

Slide side stripes!!

So anyone ever notice how the "expensive DP's" have the ends of the slideouts painted to match the rest of the body?It's always looked "incomplete" to me that my Knight has this killer 4 color paint job, but the ends of the slides are just plain silv...

JimM68 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Dinghy Question

Currently towing a 2010 Honda CRV (3,400 lbs.) with my 2011 Fleetwood Southwind V10 gasser. Towing capacity for the RV is 5000 lbs. Am considering a 2014 Ford "Edge" that is about 4,400 lbs. Should I be concerned that the Ford will be over 90% of the...

k9dad by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

leveling gear alarm while driving

So, I'm driving home and for no apparent reason the "JACKS DOWN " lights up on the Power Gear control panel and a very annoying " BEEP, BEEP" is happening. Trust me, this will have you hunting for an exit PDQ. Find an exit, jump out, get a visual on ...

btcruzer by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Thoughts on Renegade? New Verona Model?

Anyone have experience with the M-2 based Renegades, like the Explorer? How about the new Verona model? On paper, they match up with the Dynamax DX-3, but they are priced slightly higher and appear from photos to be trimmed up somewhat. There does se...

JCC455 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Damaged RV by dealer

While my motorhome was at the shop for R&M it suffered some fairly extensive interior damage. New flooring, window coverings and some other things are needed. The dealer is playing nice so far and is arranging quotes to have his insurance cover repa...

Shade Pro dash covering

DiscolorationDash CoverI recently bought a Shade Pro Dash Cover for my MH, this was to make it easier for the pooch so he doesn' slide around and that he can look out the front windshield. He is only up tere when we are parked. I have noticed since I...

edstep by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

electric awnings

Has anybody installed a Vista Shade for electric awnings from Pro Shade. would like experienced opinion of effectiveness of the shade, does it deteriorate the awning after many uses.

RV mirror

I need a replacement mirror head right side heated and remote for a 05 bounder dp, I have looked all over and cant find. Thank you in advance.

Steering wheel mounted audio remote for coach?

Our Safari coach has the original Delco radio/CD/casette-player. I’m interested in upgrading because 1) it is down by my knees and it is totally impossible to safely adjust it while driving, and 2) I would like MP3 capability so I can play recorded ...