Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Appliance help chevy southwind 87

Hello hello this is my first post it's nice to meet you. My husband and I recently became the joyful owners of a lightly-used 87 Chevy Southwind by Fleetwood. We live in Los Angeles and this RV is going to be our home for the foreseeable future. We l...

Does an affordable, quality class A or C exist?

Posting this to both the A and C forum as we are buying our first RV and haven't decided between the two yet.We've looked at the Freedom Elite Thor as well as the Thor Axis, both between 23' and 25'. We have three girls under the age of 7, so I'm loo...

Dlathem by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Narrowing down my search for a Class A gasser

OK, we went to the Greensboro RV show yesterday, (What a disappointment from years gone by) Found the features we liked, now have to find who makes the unit that has them all. Looking for V-10 drive, opposing front slides, laundry connections. If t...

Minimum door height required for RV storage garage

I’m in the process of drawing plans for a 1000 sq ft living area over garage to build on 5 acres in the mountains. My plan was to build a metal building for RV storage. After talking with my contractor, now maybe I can add a 44’x14’ RV shed off the s...

FireGuard by Explorer II
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Rusty Water Drip

Just bought a 2000 Itasca 27’ Spirit with 30,500 miles. During our maiden voyage today, wife noticed rusty water drips coming from under the overhead at the seam strip cover on the passenger side. Got home, climbed a ladder to check the roof but did...

Seon by Explorer II
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

8.3 and 5.9 liter Cummins engines

I have a 2002 diesel pusher with a 8.3 liter does anyone know what emissions are on it? pretty sure it has a catalytic converter, pretty sure there is no diesel particulate filter, and not sure about the e g r? also have a 02 5.9 pickup that some...

Fiberglass Roof

Confused...I think I want a fiberglass roof which Forester River has and then I see other manufacturers that say "1 piece" in their brochures. Is there a difference in them, did FR just not put "1 piece" in their materials but they are all the same r...

Does an affordable, quality class A or C exist?

Posting this to both the A and C forum as we are buying our first RV and haven't decided between the two yet.We've looked at the Freedom Elite Thor as well as the Thor Axis, both between 23' and 25'. We have three girls under the age of 7, so I'm loo...

Dlathem by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

80" long corner bed+sofa+dinette+slide - Leprechaun 26QB

I'm liking the Leprechaun 26QB floorplan. It's the only one I've seen like it.Curious about your thoughts, and if you know of any other manufacturers that make a floorplan like this? In looking at plans, the initial criteria was an 80" long bed and t...

fugawi by Explorer II
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Diamond Shield Removal

Had severe Diamond Shield mold. Removed by Ugly Shield in Fort Myers FL. Phenomenal experience. Reasonable price, NO paint damage. Looks brand new! We were able to stay overnight in our MH on site in a secure location. Hate to sound like an advertise...

Bird Strike...

This has become interesting...a few weeks ago, on my trip down to San Felipe, a large pigeon sized bird made a mistake and bashed right into the middle of my passenger side windshield. While I was traveling at 55 MPH. It left a mark, but not in my li...

Jim by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

2008 F-53 Chassis

Any ideas on reason for my motorhome to pull to left when I brake. I have new tires, had front end aligned, new brake pads. Thanks!

All over the road

I have the class A listed below.In a cross wind it can be a bear to control and I can live with that.But even on a nice day it tends to wander or wag and I don't really know which you would call it. But it seems to be steering.I have checked loading,...

KeninAZ by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Class A of the choice

As you know from my previous posts we are looking to fulltime travel US from March this year, moving from sailing fulltime so we used to "camping".We still haven't decided on type of the RV, i have shortlisted three fivers and have asked for opinions...

bacil by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes