cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dyna Beads or Centramatic Wheel Balancers

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
OK looking to use either one of these products, my 19.5 tires have some unbalance issues, what really works best...

I know the beads are cheaper but the Centramatic's are a 1 time purchase

:C
26 REPLIES 26

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am a firm believer in good old lead weights.

However if I had to use a different method

Centramatic would be my next choice

Followed by Dyna Beads

And I would avoid all manner of powder.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you get the RV Specific DynaBeads, you DO NOT need any special valve core. Other DynaBeads products, and some of the balancing powders, do require special valve cores which are put in as part of the installation process.

C-Leigh_Racing
Explorer
Explorer
So, sounds like the beads are the most used, but do you have to have special stuff for the tires, like different valve stems, anything different than for a regular tire.

What is the equal being talked about, what is that.
Thanks, Neil

SuperDutyFiver
Explorer
Explorer
Dyna-beads in my big trucks-great solution for big tires that take a beating in my opinion-also have them in my Excursion, the custom wheels(with 285/75/16's) are really tough to mount up to balance due to the 'webbing' pattern built into the custom wheels-went with the beads and may never balance another tire the old way again...the benefits from what I understand of the beads over the centramatic is that beads will balance across the tread which makes it more of a 3 dimensional balance than a straight vertical plane balance created by the centramatic-whether we ever could tell the difference is beyond me.
36' Carriage Carri-Lite 35rl3
PSD 4x4 Custom Tow Vehicle-the 550
PSD 4X4 2017 CC short box
PSD 4x4 SUV-the X

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Removed beads from my 19.5 inch tires. did not like the low speed "chatter" when I first start up.

Nice ride now with just traditional balancing; Looking at other options but for now the tires ride is great.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
purplekeenah wrote:
I used Dynabeads in my last rig that had 19.5's, I opted for the Centramatic balancers on my current rig that has 22.5's. They both performed well and provide a smooth steer down the road. I'm currently considering putting the Centramatics on the rear also.

They both performed well and provide a smooth steer down the road.

Please explain. If they both performed well, why would you chose the much more expensive option?

purplekeenah
Explorer
Explorer
I used Dynabeads in my last rig that had 19.5's, I opted for the Centramatic balancers on my current rig that has 22.5's. They both performed well and provide a smooth steer down the road. I'm currently considering putting the Centramatics on the rear also.
2015 Newmar Dutchstar 4369
2013 Chevy Equinox

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
We have Centramatics on all 4 wheel positions. Balanced for life of this and future coaches.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
timmac wrote:
OK looking to use either one of these products, my 19.5 tires have some unbalance issues, what really works best...

I know the beads are cheaper but the Centramatic's are a 1 time purchase

:C

Not sure about Equal but the Dynabeads can be taken from one tire and reused in to the replacement tire, IF you want to.
They are cheap enough not to bother with reuse and I carry extra bags of Dynabeads to add to my new tire if I have a problem while traveling.

William_B
Explorer
Explorer
Dyna beads is my vote.
Full timing since 2004
2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45' DD Series 60
2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Limited

Our Blog

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
I've used "EQUAL" for quite a few years. Originally, I had doubts, but these "beads" work as advertized. When first installed, the shop said to run the motorhome (vibration included) for about 5 miles...then it will smooth out. It did.
When in storage for a couple of months, it seems I have to do the same thing. Then, as expected, things smooth out.
I'm a fan.
What's the difference in bead brands? Have no idea. Probably work just the same. Cheap...easy. Your money...gonna keep the motorhome forever? That might justify the price of that permanent unit.

ronniedean1234
Explorer
Explorer
I use Equal Tire Balancer in everything from the semis, trailers, and pickups, works great for us....
17 Voltage 3970
1999 Freightliner Western Hauler CC/300 Cat/Chipped
2001 Ford F350 CC DRW/ 4x4/ 6 Speed/Chipped