cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fleet wood Bounder 35K

Hedgehog
Explorer
Explorer
I really like the floor plan of the 2016 fleet wood Bounder but have some questions? How is the construction quality of these fleet Woods? I know back in the 2004-2006 models, I saw a lot of water damage from roof leaks. I had a friend that bought a 04 pace arrow brand new and it leaked, then he traded it for a 2006 fleet wood providence and it leaked too. This would be one of my biggest concerns.
I do roof maintenance on all my campers and have never had a leak.
9 REPLIES 9

kalsbeek
Explorer
Explorer
Have an 2008 Bounder 38 N. Of six motorhomes....first one without leaks.We experienced the SC downpours and flooding last Oct. in Myrtle Beach and we were one of few that did not have a drop. Sounded like a pressure washer on the roof for 24 hours. The entire unit has been great.....not only dry.
The Kalsbeeks
2008 Bounder Diesel
325 Cummins.

RFCN2
Explorer
Explorer
My best RV buddy has a 2003 Bounder he bought new. Now has 125,000 miles on it. He has lots of money. He is not trading up. We have several other friends also with Bounders. Very good coaches.
RFCN2
Country Coach
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

WILDEBILL308
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is like anything if you do maintain it you won't have a leak. I haven't had any leaks.
Bill
2008 Newmar Mountain Aire
450 HP CUMMINS ISM
ALLISON 4000 MH TRANSMISSION
TOWING 2014 HONDA CRV With Blue Ox tow bar
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain

malexander
Explorer
Explorer
Our current MH is a 2007 Bounder 38N DP. 320 C-7 Cat engine.
When we were looking for our MH, in November 2015, we went to PPL in Houston. It was pouring down rain. The Bounder we bought was one of the few on the lot that wasn't leaking, somewhere.
We saw water leaks at windshields, a/c's, vents, etc.
The Fleetwoods seemed to have the fewest leaks. Some of the "high-end" units leaked the worst.
I'm totally satisfied with the Fleetwood products.
Before the Bounder, I had a 2000 Southwind, it never leaked either.
2007 Fleetwood Bounder 38N 330 Cat DP, 2008 GL1800 Goldwing, Cessna 150 & 172, Rans S6S Coyote, Vans RV9A. Lifetime NRA, EAA, Good Sam member

CG_Dawson
Explorer
Explorer
Have a 2003 Bounder, put eternabond tape on the front and rear cap seams and around the edges of the shower skylight a number of years ago. Have not had a leak until this year when during a torrential rain storm the rear slide leaked somewhere. Got only the carpet wet, could not find the leak and it has rained several times since with no leak. I think Fleetwood products are as good or maybe better than some other products.
Happy RV'ing!!

Greg & Jackie
2003 Bounder, 32W / Ford V10 / 2 Slides
Toad: 2004 Saturn L300, Brake Buddy

mygsds
Explorer
Explorer
We have the 2015 Bounder - love it!! We moved from a 2000 Bounder and the roof had to be repaired in the last year we had it. Otherwise very reliable.
Pat and Ron and 1 wild agility GSD
2015 Fleetwood Bounder 35K

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 08 Bounder, only had a small leak in large slide out, fixed it earlier and no damage, other than that it has been a great motorhome and no major issues.

Hedgehog
Explorer
Explorer
I love the changes they have made for 2016. I might wait until next year to get the 6 speed transmission versus the current 5 speed.

eadeal55
Explorer
Explorer
I consider my 2005 Bounder one of the better motorhomes ever built. Lots of features and upgrades for about $80K out the door new. Never had a leak, or any other structural issues. Roof gets brush cleaned once a year with mild abrasive, and I keep all the sealant fresh. Have replaced the fridge coil, the rear AC, the main slide gear and rebuilt one of the electric jacks. Working full time, we only get about 50 to 60 nights a year in the Bounder, driving about 3500 miles a year. It's good for another 5-6 years as is, and once we retire, we'll probably sell it and get a smaller diesel to travel in.
Andy & Lee + Molly, the 4 lb Chihuahua
2020 Tiffin Wayfarer 25RW...towing a
2007 Chevy HHR LT2 w/2.4L EcoTec,
Blue Ox Aventa LX, Brake Buddy Classic
FMCA #F359977 - Colonial Virginians, Past President 2012-14, 2018