cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance

GHOST1750
Explorer
Explorer
Since 2001 I have had insurance with Good Sam and have not been unhappy. I had two minor claims, a rock damaged the service door in 2003 and then in 2011 I had a crackled windshield. It did not affect my premiums. My last statement which I paid yesterday the premium went up $150.00 for 6 months. Is anyone else insured with National General and has your premiums been affected? Does anyone have State Farm and are you pleased.
Just Don and a Chiuahua called Dulce
2003 39' Tradewinds LE
2002 Cavalier tow
Korean Veteran, USAF
FMCA F357981
CC4C
GOOD SAM

Life is a journey, not a destination !
14 REPLIES 14

GHOST1750
Explorer
Explorer
Robyn Barnes wrote:
Hi Don,
The Good Sam Insurance Agency represents most RV specialty insures, not just National General Insurance. If you would like me to request an agent get in touch with you to discuss the various options available, please send me a private message with your preferred contact information.

Thank you,
Robyn Barnes

I would appreciate that.
2003 39' Tradewinds LE
2002 Cavalier tow
Korean Veteran, USAF
FMCA F357981
CC4C
GOOD SAM

Robyn_Barnes
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Don,
The Good Sam Insurance Agency represents most RV specialty insures, not just National General Insurance. If you would like me to request an agent get in touch with you to discuss the various options available, please send me a private message with your preferred contact information.

Thank you,
Robyn Barnes
Robyn Barnes
Sr. Marketing Director
Good Sam Enterprises
robyn.barnes@goodsam.com

GHOST1750
Explorer
Explorer
BTPO1 wrote:
jwmII wrote:
Same thing for me this year. Been with National General via Good Sam for several years now and this year they upped me $300. When questioned their response was that rates are going up in my area and also because they can.

I think that if I had heard a response like that, I would of said that I will be changing insurance companies because I CAN. JMO

That was basically the answer got when I asked why. I am going to change. I have 9 cars (7 are company cars) and my house with State Farm already.
2003 39' Tradewinds LE
2002 Cavalier tow
Korean Veteran, USAF
FMCA F357981
CC4C
GOOD SAM

BTPO1
Explorer
Explorer
jwmII wrote:
Same thing for me this year. Been with National General via Good Sam for several years now and this year they upped me $300. When questioned their response was that rates are going up in my area and also because they can.

I think that if I had heard a response like that, I would of said that I will be changing insurance companies because I CAN. JMO
Jack
2003 Rexhall Vision 27'
2019 Chevrolet Equinox
States we have been to with this MH

prstlk
Explorer
Explorer
Been with St. farm forever. A couple of times my agent ran interference with corporate on a claim. Also was involved with a firestorm and as soon as the national guard let us in, my agent was there within 15 min. No I did not call him, he just wanted to know if needed anything right now. Next day a two man disaster team arrived, reviewed our losses, gave us check. They also made it clear if the check was not enough to call a special number and they would issue more funds.
jw
2007 Keystone Challenger 5th wheel, Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Diesel, Short Bed, 2 dogs and the cat and rolling down the road full time since May 2014

Mike_Taverniti
Explorer
Explorer
I have progressive and had a major claim last year. They were very good to work with. Very pleased with their service.

nevadanick
Explorer
Explorer
You are a number to insurance company. They have no loyalty to you and you shouldnt to them. Shop insurance every year if you want to save money

the_vfox
Explorer
Explorer
GHOST1750 wrote:
Since 2001 I have had insurance with Good Sam and have not been unhappy. I had two minor claims, a rock damaged the service door in 2003 and then in 2011 I had a crackled windshield. It did not affect my premiums. My last statement which I paid yesterday the premium went up $150.00 for 6 months. Is anyone else insured with National General and has your premiums been affected? Does anyone have State Farm and are you pleased.

It never hurts to shop around. My odd theory is, if they have you for multiple years, they think they can keep you no matter what.
Even though i have USAA for the autos, I have my MH insurance by Progressive linked to my USAA insurance. My rates are steady or decrease each year.
Fox and Angel, fuzz ball cat and crazy Yorkie :S
Don't call me on the weekend, Im out camping.:C
2001 Itasca Horizon DP 36LD 330 Cat and all the bells and whistles
Go Blue, US Air Force(retired)25 years 🙂

msturtz
Explorer
Explorer
We have GEICO and it is cost effective and service is good.
FMCA member

1BryNelson
Explorer
Explorer
If your full time remember to tell them. Not all companies are obligated to cover you if you don't disclose that fact. Most won't cover you after you disclose that.
Bry Nelson and a yet to be discovered MoHo momma. '99 Pace Arrow Vision 37ft F53 chassis (plugs tightened) Allure flooring, 15k BTU front a/c , 6-6 volt batts with 1120 watts of solar Magnum inverter Remote BMK Trace C40 2005 Ford Ranger "Toad on a pad".

jwmII
Explorer
Explorer
jwmII

LVJ58
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to check on insuring your coach with Foremost Ins. Co. We've been insured with them since 1995 and very satisfied with their no-hassle claim service. We have $250 Deductible and full coverage includig towing both coach and tow vehicle. Annual premium $922.00 which I consider reasonable for our coverage.

Best of luck & safe travels.....
Jim & Sherry Seward
Las Vegas, NV
2000 Residency 3790 V-10 w/tags & Banks System
2003 Suzuki XL/7 toad

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
Contact Hi Sage, the broker several firms and are highly regarded.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
GHOST1750 wrote:

we have state farm (I've been with them since I was 16, 49-yrs ago) and are very happy. you can see the list of vehicles insured in my signature. total premiums are roughly $1800. that will go up later this year as we are trading in the MH on a 2016 Suncruiser sometime this summer.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle