cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Leveling check

two_travelers
Explorer
Explorer
When we check level, we put bubble level on counter near fridge. Recently put on floor & noticed a difference. Where do most people check? Counter is a lot earlier.
20 REPLIES 20

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
darsben1 wrote:
COunter near fridge or in fridge.
Was it a big difference

x2

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
I always double check my leveling on the counter near the door than, on the counter next to the fridge.

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
two travelers wrote:
When we check level, we put bubble level on counter near fridge. Recently put on floor & noticed a difference. Where do most people check? Counter is a lot earlier.

Everyone has their trick - we use the W/C door it needs to not swing from any position - then we are level. Will use a plastic 12" level on the floor by the driver - as DW is usually busy. That gets it close then she checks the door.

For us the door is key no matter what the level says.

JMHO,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use the levels supplied with the leveling system...seems to be close enough and I prefer the left side to be very slightly low and the front very slightly high. Fridge doesn't seem to care if it's perfectly level or not so I abide by Dometics instructions:

"The vehicle needs to be
leveled only so it is comfortable to live in (no noticeable
sloping of floor or walls)."

Works for me, no sense obsessing about level and I can get my after traveling cocktail quicker.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
The fridge is supposed to be level, so I leveled using a bubble level in there

This is the most accurate answer. It really doesn't matter "who's happy" or, if a door swings closed on its own etc. The fridge is the executor here. It's in control as, it's the EXPENSIVE part of not leveling correctly. Now, if you're lucky enough that your fridge has been installed so that everything else, doors, counter tops, floor, stove etc., are also in perfect planes, you're certainly good to go.

Sometimes the coach manufactures do things fairly accurately and, your fridge ends up being level, when the coach is level but, more often than not, your fridge is not anywhere near level when the coach is. So, some have taken it upon themselves to "re-mount" the fridge so when the coach is dead level, the fridge is too.

Leveling, the fridge, self closing doors, counter tops level and related items, have been discussed to the earths end. The fridge is the most important aspect of leveling but, each operator has to determine what's important. I'm not a fan of self closing or opening doors either but, I'm also not a fan of paying for a $2,500 dollar fridge either because I was worried about doors. So, make your choice.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

Explorer
Explorer
I bought a couple of these and leveled the MH at home using a long carpenters level on the floor. Then I put one of the purchased levels on the driver's door and the other on the face of the dash with them also level.

Now, I can just sit in the driver's seat and use them to get the MH level in both directions.
Mark

2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U on a Ford chassis, 80,000 miles
2003 Ford Explorer toad with Ready Brake supplemental brakes,
Ready Brute tow bar, and Demco base plate.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
demoon wrote:
The fridge is supposed to be level, so I leveled using a bubble level in there. I then placed the bubble level on the wooden part of my center console, and of course it was not in the circle, but I circled where it was with a marker. .

that is why I "smushed" my bubble level into silicone sealer until it was in the circle.
bumpy

OLYLEN
Explorer
Explorer
I use the bathroom door too otherwise the wife gets testy. But to level, we leveled on the table, fridge, stove, counter and floor. Then took a good average, then mounted a bullseye level in the cab. And as we POOR people do use leveling blocks and unless way out of level can say so much here and here to be reasonable 1st time. I'm finding more and more if I wiggle the coach around a bit I don't even set blocks at better than half the sights.

LEN

demoon
Explorer
Explorer
The fridge is supposed to be level, so I leveled using a bubble level in there. I then placed the bubble level on the wooden part of my center console, and of course it was not in the circle, but I circled where it was with a marker. Now, I just put the bubble level there and try to get the bubble in the marked spot. I have checked back in the fridge several times and it is always right on. This just makes it so I can level from the driver's seat - just getting older and lazier.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I get RV level based on ice cube tray shelf and then put a bullseye bubble level on the console smushed into some silicone seal to show level.
bumpy

philandterri
Explorer
Explorer
We also use the bathroom door.

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
I check using the bathroom door. If it doesn't swing open or closed when placed in different positions, that works for us.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
We use the HWH red center light indicator on the control panel.
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

dcbrewer
Explorer
Explorer
Icheck at the counter And at the frig, and also do the door test.